travismcouat is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Creatine and Puffy Eyes

Hello,

I am posting this not as an opportunity to debate the "myths" of creatine, etc. I am posting because I was researching whether creatine (HCL) can cause swelling/puffiness under the eyes and saw some posts here where the OP was pretty much dismissed (although a few people suggests some tests).

I am here to tell others (very few to be sure) that creatine CAN cause this symptom and you are not nuts. I know this because I have this symptom from creatine, unfortunately.

It's my experience that a certain number of people have a bad reaction to just about everything on earth, including creatine.

When I take it I develop bags and puffiness under my eyes that is very noticeable. I did several on/off cycles to confirm the symptom. I take creatine - puffiness; I stop creatine - puffiness goes away (takes several days). In these experiments I made no other changes.

Creatine is a great supplement and I am sure this is extremely rare - but it's unfortunate that people are so easily dismissed or told it can't be creatine simply because they haven't heard it before.

I hope this helps someone who is having this reaction.

eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    what creatine are you taking?
    My secret? Texting between sets.

ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ManwittaPlan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    puffered creatine

either that or he's been burning the candle on both ends
    high testosterone crew

travismcouat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    Kaged Muscle HCL

eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by travismcouat View Post
    Kaged Muscle HCL
    strange, can't say I've ever heard of such localized puffiness from anything not allergy related
    My secret? Texting between sets.

jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by travismcouat View Post
    Hello,

I am posting this not as an opportunity to debate the "myths" of creatine, etc. I am posting because I was researching whether creatine (HCL) can cause swelling/puffiness under the eyes and saw some posts here where the OP was pretty much dismissed (although a few people suggests some tests).

I am here to tell others (very few to be sure) that creatine CAN cause this symptom and you are not nuts. I know this because I have this symptom from creatine, unfortunately.

It's my experience that a certain number of people have a bad reaction to just about everything on earth, including creatine.

When I take it I develop bags and puffiness under my eyes that is very noticeable. I did several on/off cycles to confirm the symptom. I take creatine - puffiness; I stop creatine - puffiness goes away (takes several days). In these experiments I made no other changes.

Creatine is a great supplement and I am sure this is extremely rare - but it's unfortunate that people are so easily dismissed or told it can't be creatine simply because they haven't heard it before.

I hope this helps someone who is having this reaction.
    huh, interesting. You might ask your doc next time about this. Dunno if it might be indicative of something else. Creatinine levels are relatively easy to test in blood tests, too, if you want to check that vs. the puffiness.

air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I suggest researching whether taking an antihistamine counteracts the bags/puffiness, after consulting with your physician first.

Brankov88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brankov88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brankov88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brankov88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brankov88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brankov88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brankov88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brankov88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brankov88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brankov88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brankov88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I took Creatine 5000 (Powder) - EVLUTION NUTRITION for 2 months (June, July) and only experienced the benefits such as improved strength and arms size, no side effects!

nickg4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    unheard of for me :/