Thread: Bigorexia

Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Bigorexia

Hi all,

I just wanted to see other people's view points, I'm 32 married no kids. I love lifting weights, real passion.

In my mind I feel like I should be around 141kg / 310lbs, when I was with my mrs before weight training I was 68kg / 149lbs. As I have got older and I have progressed with weights, concentrating on strength the more I want to get bigger.

At the moment I am 99kg / 218lbs, I don't feel small but I do feel like I could get alot bigger and I have a good potential and genetics to do this. My wife, however, has other plans and prefers me to go to 85kg / 187lbs. She also told me to stop the weights and creatine for a couple of months focus on weight loss and do cardio.

Do I just ignore my wife and get to what I want or do I just lose the weight and build back up, bodyfat is around 20%.

Thanks in advance

D

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Getting bigger than that will mostly come from fat (assuming you aren't on a raft of anabolics). Ironically, we tend to look less muscular when our BF% gets higher. Just have a larger silhouette

So she is right in a way, you would look better at 85kg.

But stopping lifting is not smart. If you set this as your goal you need to keep lifting and getting enough protein - but adjust your calorie intake down so you are in a deficit.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As someone who can sympathize with this mentality, SuffolkPunch is still right.

However, there is something of a spectrum of physique desirability. Being 20-22% bodyfat and very muscular, you will look softer and lack hard definition, but you would also look massive and solid in a way that you wouldn't if you were truly lean and wearing clothes.

If being huge and strong is more desirable than looking shredded, I wouldn't worry too much about leaning up, but unless you're on the latter half of 6 feet tall, you won't get to over 300 without looking fat. ~235 @20% is both doable and very desirable IMO.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you have decent muscle and excess fat, the best way to look 10 lbs more muscular is to lose 10 lbs of fat
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Getting bigger than that will mostly come from fat (assuming you aren't on a raft of anabolics). Ironically, we tend to look less muscular when our BF% gets higher. Just have a larger silhouette

So she is right in a way, you would look better at 85kg.

But stopping lifting is not smart. If you set this as your goal you need to keep lifting and getting enough protein - but adjust your calorie intake down so you are in a deficit.
    Appreciate the help, would you keep creatine in the weightloss program?
    Last edited by Fattofitukk; 06-28-2021 at 08:52 AM.

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fattofitukk View Post
    Hi all,

I just wanted to see other people's view points, I'm 32 married no kids. I love lifting weights, real passion.

In my mind I feel like I should be around 141kg / 310lbs, when I was with my mrs before weight training I was 68kg / 149lbs. As I have got older and I have progressed with weights, concentrating on strength the more I want to get bigger.

At the moment I am 99kg / 218lbs, I don't feel small but I do feel like I could get alot bigger and I have a good potential and genetics to do this. My wife, however, has other plans and prefers me to go to 85kg / 187lbs. She also told me to stop the weights and creatine for a couple of months focus on weight loss and do cardio.

Do I just ignore my wife and get to what I want or do I just lose the weight and build back up, bodyfat is around 20%.

Thanks in advance

D
    If you want to appear sexually attractive to women listen to your wife. If you rather want to look attractive to men a case could be made for bulking on.

Your bodyfat may be much higher than 20% and that is the reason why your wife started commenting.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Appreciate the help, would you keep creatine in the weightloss program?
    Yes, it's always useful to have creatine saturation in your muscles. Creatine is not a drug that has to be moderated / cycled, it's simply an organic compound that the body uses in energy metabolism.

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP how tall are you

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    OP how tall are you
    6ft

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    6ft
    Most likely your body fat is closer to 25% than 20%. Pictures would help in making a more accurate guess.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

6ft
    You have more fat than you think. You need to diet down. Keep up the training and creatine but drop your calories a good amount. Listen to your wife she's most likely your best and most honest critic.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Take it for what you will for your own goals, but looking at your photos you do appear at least 25%. I would aim to slim down if I were you, at least for two or three months.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Going to have to side with your wife. There's virtually no way you can be 300lbs. and not be morbidly obese, even with "assistance".
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you plan on staying with her, do not ignore the wife.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is your goal to look like a Sumo wrestler? Because this is exactly how you're going to look when you're 300 lbs.

All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Appreciate all the feedback, your right, mrs is the biggest and most honest critic I have, will lose the weight.

I am on alot of psych meds so they add weight but I will do a good mix of cardio and weight training + creatine as well as a diet in deficit to get down the weight.

Cheers folks, sometimes it's just good to get others opinions.

P.s. did a boditrax scan, 26% bf atm so much for BUPA assessment 20%.

Appreciate all the feedback, your right, mrs is the biggest and most honest critic I have, will lose the weight.

I am on alot of psych meds so they add weight but I will do a good mix of cardio and weight training + creatine as well as a diet in deficit to get down the weight.

Cheers folks, sometimes it's just good to get others opinions.

P.s. did a boditrax scan, 26% bf atm so much for BUPA assessment 20%.
    Don’t trust those devices.

Your May 2020 picture looks like 30%+, I don’t know how you look now compared to then.

From some of your progress pics it looks like you did a «dreamer bulk», piling on a lot of weight in a short amount of time. Muscle is built slowly, and you will be surprised by how little muscle there actually is once you cut down.

- Richard Feynman

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post

Your May 2020 picture looks like 30%+, I don’t know how you look now compared to then.

From some of your progress pics it looks like you did a «dreamer bulk», piling on a lot of weight in a short amount of time. Muscle is built slowly, and you will be surprised by how little muscle there actually is once you cut down.
    For sure this... Well over 30% in your May 2020 photo.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Completely agree, May 2020 was probably the worst I have ever been, see food diet and psych bills + lockdown and being lazy.

I have attached (Not sure if this works) a picture of me from June 2021, this is a year of constant gym apart from UK lockdowns since June 2020.

I have uploaded the photo on my profile too.
    Attached Images

Completely agree, May 2020 was probably the worst I have ever been, see food diet and psych bills + lockdown and being lazy.

I have attached (Not sure if this works) a picture of me from June 2021, this is a year of constant gym apart from UK lockdowns since June 2020.

I have uploaded the photo on my profile too.
    Wow, that is a massive improvement in a year!

With clothes it is always hard to tell but I’d guess you are in the 25-30% range closer to 25% now. My basis for thinking that is that you seem to have a visible gut still and 25% is «belly territory» whereas most guys closer to 20% typically don’t have visible belly fat in clothes.

I’d guess you need to cut for 6 months, dropping about 40 pounds (doable in that time span if you do everything right).

- Richard Feynman

Wow, that is a massive improvement in a year!

With clothes it is always hard to tell but I’d guess you are in the 25-30% range closer to 25% now. My basis for thinking that is that you seem to have a visible gut still and 25% is «belly territory» whereas most guys closer to 20% typically don’t have visible belly fat in clothes.

I’d guess you need to cut for 6 months, dropping about 40 pounds (doable in that time span if you do everything right).
    Cheers mate!

I'll go for the cut, yay calorie deficit time......