Thomask04 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need help to achieve goal pls

Hello,
    I am 5’9 weighing 72kgs vegetarian. I lost 15 kgs 3 years ago but now I am stuck with this physique.
    ( pictures on body space )
    My goal is to have a good physique but now I don’t have a plan to execute it. So, I need some guidance on how to change the physique.
    I am 100% dedicate to change the physique just need a guidance about the process.

About my workout:
    Earlier I used to do two body part split for 5 days. Then I changed my workout to upper body and lower body split ( photo on bodyspac ) but due to COVID the gyms aren’t on regular basis and didn’t workout much past couple of years.
    But as the current situation is good I want to start working out again but with proper training and nutrition.
    If someone can help me I will be very grateful.
    Thankyou

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Pictures would help

Chances are that you should spend some time focusing on muscle gain. When dieting, you can't expect much muscle to be built - so if you just keep dieting, you will get slim but without any definition - essentially just a smaller version of your previous self.

Either way, go back to a proper gym if you can and start back with a novice routine like Fierce 5.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Pictures would help

Chances are that you should spend some time focusing on muscle gain. When dieting, you can't expect much muscle to be built - so if you just keep dieting, you will get slim but without any definition - essentially just a smaller version of your previous self.

Either way, go back to a proper gym if you can and start back with a novice routine like Fierce 5.
    Hey!! I have uploaded pictures in bodyspace.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    So calorie wise, you could go either way. If you want a break from dieting, I would raise calories to around maintenance, maybe a tiny bit above (be careful, this still requires careful calorie monitoring) and focus on making progress in the gym.

Or you could carry on dieting for a while. Personally I always favour the mass gain part since it takes longer and it's relatively easy to remove fat in comparison.

So calorie wise, you could go either way. If you want a break from dieting, I would raise calories to around maintenance, maybe a tiny bit above (be careful, this still requires careful calorie monitoring) and focus on making progress in the gym.

Or you could carry on dieting for a while. Personally I always favour the mass gain part since it takes longer and it's relatively easy to remove fat in comparison.
    Thankyou for your help. I will try going on maintenance calorie and use the fierce 5 programme ( lower and upper body split ).

Is 120gm of protein enough or should I aim more ?

Sorry for this question .. why getting rid of those love handles is so difficult ? Any opinion on that ?

That probably is enough protein.

You still have bodyfat - that's all lovehandles are. Our genetics put them in different parts of different peoples' bodies but there is nothing you can do about that apart from creating a calorie deficit and being patient.

Part of the problem is that people have more fat to lose than they realised (many of us have fallen into this trap) but if you keep trying without spending some time gaining muscle, results will be disappointing.

That probably is enough protein.

You still have bodyfat - that's all lovehandles are. Our genetics put them in different parts of different peoples' bodies but there is nothing you can do about that apart from creating a calorie deficit and being patient.

Part of the problem is that people have more fat to lose than they realised (many of us have fallen into this trap) but if you keep trying without spending some time gaining muscle, results will be disappointing.
    Thankyou so much for explaining.

1) start eating at maintenance and sufficient amount of protein.

2) workout :
    Lower A
    Squats 3x5-6
    Weighted Back Extensions 3x8-10
    Leg Press 3x8-10
    Leg Curls 3x10-12
    Ab work 3x15-18/Calf raises 3x12-15 Superset

Upper A
    Incline Bench 3x5-6
    Decline DB Bench 3x8-10
    Lat Pulldowns 3x8-10 (any grip)
    Bent Over Rows 3x8-10
    Curls 3x8-10/Face Pulls 3x10-12 Superset

Legs
    *Squat 3x5-6
    *DL 3x5-6
    Good Morning 3x8-10
    Leg Extensions/Leg curls (Superset 3x10-12)
    Calf work 3x12-15/Optional Shrugs 3x8-10 (Superset)

Push
    *Bench(Horizontal Press) 3x5-6
    *OHP(Upward Press) 3x5-6
    Dips or fly 3x8-10
    Overhead Extensions(long head iso)-3x8-10/Ab work-3x12-15 (Superset)
    Lateral Raises 3x10-12

Pull
    *Pendlay Rows(Horizontal Pull) 3x5-6
    Yates Rows(Upward Pull) 3x5-6
    Lat Pulldowns(Downward Pull) 3x8-10 (any grip)
    Reverse Flies/Overhead face pulls (Superset 3x10-12) (For facepulls think 60 degree incline for the angle)
    Curls 3x8-10

** how much cardio should be done ?
    Does intensity matters in cardio ??
    Or should I focus on steps ??**

3) any other thing I should keep in mind ?

That's the intermediate version of Fierce 5. This will not be ideal unless you have already reached an intermediate level.

What are your best effort lifts?

That's the intermediate version of Fierce 5. This will not be ideal unless you have already reached an intermediate level.

What are your best effort lifts?

*The above routine was advanced intermediate level fierce 5 *

Bench press 155lbs
    Squats 200lbs
    Leg press 552 lbs
    Deadlift 260lbs

Or opt for The Intermediate Upper/Lower

** how much cardio should be done ?
    Does intensity matters in cardio ??
    Or should I focus on steps ??**
    Last edited by Thomask04; 09-11-2021 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Need to provide more information

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Thomask04 View Post
    *The above routine was advanced intermediate level fierce 5 *

Bench press 155lbs
    Squats 200lbs
    Leg press 552 lbs
    Deadlift 260lbs

Or opt for The Intermediate Upper/Lower
    Those are upper novice level numbers but it's not unreasonable to switch to an intermediate program. I wouldn't have jumped to the 5-day, though.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Those are upper novice level numbers but it's not unreasonable to switch to an intermediate program. I wouldn't have jumped to the 5-day, though.
    Which programme of fierce 5 would you suggest ?

How can I improve the composition of the body ?? ( pictures in the body space )

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Which programme of fierce 5 would you suggest ?
    I would go with the 4-day upper/lower. That gives you room to advance to the 5-day.

For you, I would stay at maintenance calories until it becomes too difficult to progress.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    I would go with the 4-day upper/lower. That gives you room to advance to the 5-day.

For you, I would stay at maintenance calories until it becomes too difficult to progress.
    From today I started with the 4 day Fierce 5 programme.
    I will also keep a log of my lifts.
    Just curious for how much period should I follow the 4 day fierce 5 programme ??

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    From today I started with the 4 day Fierce 5 programme.
    I will also keep a log of my lifts.
    Just curious for how much period should I follow the 4 day fierce 5 programme ??
    i've done programs for more than 9 months. it's pretty safe to say you can do it for at least half a year, most likely even longer

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    i've done programs for more than 9 months. it's pretty safe to say you can do it for at least half a year, most likely even longer
    Okay thanks …
    1st week of the workout
    I usually go 5 days a week so I kept 1 day for cardio and abs - no weights.