Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TodDaWild is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Can't lose weight & fat

Hi!
    I'm Theo, 26 years old, 183cm and weigh 118KG - Now, I don't know what my fat% is, but it's not THAT high.
    I'm fairly muscular, with large quads, glutes and genetically very big calves, and pretty big arms too.
    I have a large body structure and have been training on and off my entire life.
    What I struggle with this time around is my belly area, chest and love handles have a ton of fat, my legs and arms have close to no fat on them (well besides my thighs).

Now my main issue is, that I don't lose weight and fat at all.
    I can however build muscle and strength very very fast, but I really want to lose weight and the fat!
    I have a high protein diet with 1800-2000 calories a day, I go to the gym 4-5 days a week, and on the off days I do around an hour of crosstrainer at home.
    When I workout I really try to focus and not just f-around.
    I weight myself around a month and a half ago (this is when I started again after a long time of only sitting at home) and I was 118kg, today after my morning poop, I weight myself and I was exactly 118kg, without any difference in my fat ratio as I looked in the mirror.
    Please can someone help? I'm getting very demotivated and have no real idea what to do.

*I don't take pictures of myself or my body because I'm pretty embarrassed and hate the way I look. But I uploaded a picture of my leg BEFORE a workout. I don't know I thought it could help determine what my body type looked like.
    Attached Images

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Simple answer. You're eating more (probably way more) than 2000 calories a day.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    this. with OP's stats it's extremely unlikely - if not impossible - to maintain that weight while eating a maximum of 2000 calories per day and hitting the gym 4-5 times a week

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    I always try to weigh my food, I have a fairly clean diet with some vegetables every meal, and I only drink water (besides a pre workout before the gym)

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    this. with OP's stats it's extremely unlikely - if not impossible - to maintain that weight while eating a maximum of 2000 calories per day and hitting the gym 4-5 times a week
    Yes and that's what's driving me a bit crazy.
    Ok I'll give an estimate of what I eat each day for the past month or more and help me find the issue?
    So I eat about 500g of chicken breast which I marinade with spices and soy sauce which is about 900 calories ?
    Then I add 250g of whole grain rice which is about 400 calories ?
    With the above I add a good amount of broccoli and asparagus
    I also eat 200g of quark with a scoop of whey protein which is about 200 calories ? (a scoop of my protein is 93cal and on the box of quark it says for 100g its 50 calories)
    I drink a pre workout before gym but i don't count those , and I eat a banana or 2 kiwis

^ This is literally what I've been eating for over a month now. I know it might seem weird but I enjoy the fact that it's the same every day

Originally Posted by Claythillary View Post
    You’re not keeping track of what you’re eating
    Awareness is incredibly important if you are trying to lose weight. Many people don’t have a clue how much they’re really eating.

Studies show that keeping track of your food intake helps with weight loss. People who use food diaries or photograph their meals consistently lose more weight than people who don’t (1, 2Trusted Source).

At the same time, there is a potential downside to food tracking, especially when it’s used for the purpose of weight loss. For people with eating disorders, calorie counting and food tracking has been shown to aggravate potentially harmful side effects (3Trusted Source).
    Ways to lose weight

1 *************.us/6716061
    2 *************.us/67160680184727
    3 *************.us/67160680184769
    4 *************.us/67160680184795
    5 *************.us/67160680184825
    Hi Claythillary, i will copy and paste what i had written about my food intake incase you didn't see, and maybe you could help me out?

Yes and that's what's driving me a bit crazy.
    Ok I'll give an estimate of what I eat each day for the past month or more and help me find the issue?
    So I eat about 500g of chicken breast which I marinade with spices and soy sauce which is about 900 calories ?
    Then I add 250g of whole grain rice which is about 400 calories ?
    With the above I add a good amount of broccoli and asparagus
    I also eat 200g of quark with a scoop of whey protein which is about 200 calories ? (a scoop of my protein is 93cal and on the box of quark it says for 100g its 50 calories)
    I drink a pre workout before gym but i don't count those , and I eat a banana or 2 kiwis

^ This is literally what I've been eating for over a month now. I know it might seem weird but I enjoy the fact that it's the same every day

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, be completely honest. No cheat meals, snacking, alcohol that you didn’t list above?

What do you drink for your meals? Just water?

And what is the pre workout? What does it contain?
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    OP, be completely honest. No cheat meals, snacking, alcohol that you didn’t list above?

What do you drink for your meals? Just water?

And what is the pre workout? What does it contain?
    I'm really being honest, why would i lie and also look for help lol
    The pre workout is the c4 ripped version from cellucor i think
    and yes i only drink water
    *my snacking is the quark that i eat with a scoop of whey protein

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by TodDaWild View Post
    I'm really being honest, why would i lie and also look for help lol
    The pre workout is the c4 ripped version from cellucor i think
    and yes i only drink water
    *my snacking is the quark that i eat with a scoop of whey protein
    I don't think he's saying you are deliberately lying to us... just that you might be fooling yourself about how many calories you are actually eating. We've all done this, we get sloppy about counting every last thing and weighing everything carefully - and before we know it, we are 2-400 calories above where we think and straight back to maintenance... appetite is a powerful force that wants you to maintain your weight, it's hard to fight it.
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 06-27-2021 at 07:40 AM.

Poster above me is a phag Dennis71's Avatar
    Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1st. Almost ALWAYS eating more calories than you think.

2nd. We'd need more pictures than of just your calf to understand your body composition.

Some people genetically hold fat in different places.
    My oldest brother and I both have striations in our legs. He's got veins and striations in his shoulders. But we both have love handles.

We've got another brother who's midsection is totally not but he's got thick non-lifting legs.

Genetics. Hormones. Ect etc
    Misc'in since '07

2x cancer survivor

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I weight myself around a month and a half ago (this is when I started again after a long time of only sitting at home) and I was 118kg, today after my morning poop, I weight myself and I was exactly 118kg, without any difference in my fat ratio as I looked in the mirror.
    Eating the same same thing for a month, weigh the same for a month. The answer is not obvious to you?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Eating the same same thing for a month, weigh the same for a month. The answer is not obvious to you?
    You do have a very good point, but in my knowledge if i'm in a calorie deficit i should be losing weight, right?
    Could you maybe give me a tip on what i should then change in my diet?

TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You do have a very good point, but in my knowledge if i'm in a calorie deficit i should be losing weight, right?
    You are not losing weight therefore you are not in a deficit.

Could you maybe give me a tip on what i should then change in my diet?
    Eat less.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP you want to look at your weekly calorie intake. If you count correctly and accurately EVERY DAY week after week you'll find that your intake is a lot higher than you think.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There is no way in hell your consistently eating the same as someone half your size and not losing weight

Even if you had hypothyroidism, it would to affect you that much. Even if you didn’t exercise. You bmr is like 2300 and no exercise would be around 2700

Your 260 lbs at 6’ claiming to maintain on what someone 5’2 maintains on at 100 lbs and I don’t do crazy amounts of cardio

Aight, I hear everyone and either I'm hallucinating, or something is very wrong.
    Today I calculated everything and it came out at around 1700-1800.
    And I swear I've been eating like this the whole time or I'm sleep walking and eating food that doesn't even exist in my home.

By the way I guess I should point out, this isn't my "first rodeo". When i was 21-22 from 115 i went down to 95 and i got pretty ripped/fit but because of some circumstances i didn't train for over 4 years.
    So i have some idea on how to calculate calories/macros weigh food etc.
    Honestly this time around i'm very shocked at what is going on, and is the reason i created this account to come asking for some help :/

**edit, i think the way to go is literally take a picture of everything i eat and keep a journal
    Last edited by TodDaWild; 06-27-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Aight, I hear everyone and either I'm hallucinating, or something is very wrong.
    Today I calculated everything and it came out at around 1700-1800.
    And I swear I've been eating like this the whole time or I'm sleep walking and eating food that doesn't even exist in my home.

By the way I guess I should point out, this isn't my "first rodeo". When i was 21-22 from 115 i went down to 95 and i got pretty ripped/fit but because of some circumstances i didn't train for over 4 years.
    So i have some idea on how to calculate calories/macros weigh food etc.
    Honestly this time around i'm very shocked at what is going on, and is the reason i created this account to come asking for some help :/

**edit, i think the way to go is literally take a picture of everything i eat and keep a journal
    That is one day's worth of calculations. you're off in the bigger picture. Pictures wont help. What? You gonna take a pic of that 1 cookie that you grabbed as you were going out the door? You need to count every morsel that goes in your mouth. First or second or 50th rodeo. It doesn't matter.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    That is one day's worth of calculations. you're off in the bigger picture. Pictures wont help. What? You gonna take a pic of that 1 cookie that you grabbed as you were going out the door? You need to count every morsel that goes in your mouth. First or second or 50th rodeo. It doesn't matter.
    Thats the idea i suppose, grab a picture of every single item i consume and count the calories. Have some proof for myself that i'm not miscalculating stuff and i'm not going crazy

hutchh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As others have said it seems that you are consuming more than you think. A good way to figure out the issue is to first find your TDEE and then subtract around 500 cals to find your target daily calories. Then measure what you are eating, when you are cooking or eating out of the box make sure to weigh what you are going to be eating and do the math based on the provided nutrition facts to find out exactly how many calories you are consuming (use the serving size in grams for accuracy). Finally, sauces can be your enemy. While they may seem to not be threatening to fat loss, sauces can be packed full of calories in very small serving sizes and can certainly put your calorie deficit back up to weight gain if you're not careful. Best of luck!

Thats the idea i suppose, grab a picture of every single item i consume and count the calories. Have some proof for myself that i'm not miscalculating stuff and i'm not going crazy
    You're miscalculating. You can take all the pix you want. You'll get nowhere by continuing to argue the fact. If you want to argue go find another forum and waste THEIR time

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Your body doesn't care about proof in logs, photos or calculations. You're eating a certain amount. You're not losing weight. Eat less than that certain amount.

You're miscalculating. You can take all the pix you want. You'll get nowhere by continuing to argue the fact. If you want to argue go find another forum and waste THEIR time
    I'm definitely not arguing, i'm mostly trying to make sense of my own wrongs here and also get more opinions from more knowledgeable people than me. not trying to argue , really don't see how you got that assumption here. Unless me answering is arguing ?
    Also if you feel i'm wasting your time you could 100% ignore me and the post

I'm definitely not arguing, i'm mostly trying to make sense of my own wrongs here and also get more opinions from more knowledgeable people than me. not trying to argue , really don't see how you got that assumption here. Unless me answering is arguing ?
    Also if you feel i'm wasting your time you could 100% ignore me and the post
    So after countless knowledgeable people have told you you're eating too much what part of that are you not understanding

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Your body doesn't care about proof in logs, photos or calculations
    Yeah, the logs would be more of proof to myself that i'm not forgetting or missing something that i have consumed , and didn't count it in my daily calorie intake.

You're eating a certain amount. You're not losing weight. Eat less than that certain amount.
    Are you saying i should go even lower on my calorie intake?

What do you mean "even" lower? You've been eating at maintenance for over a month.

So after countless knowledgeable people have told you you're eating too much what part of that are you not understanding
    I'm not declining any of the information and facts that people are telling me here, i understand what people are saying
    All i added was that whats going on with my weight loss right now is very strange for me, and just so i'm not being stupid and missing calories i consume i'll take photos
    there is no need to look at this as an argument, i really appreciate everyone coming and leaving a comment

What do you mean "even" lower? You've been eating at maintenance for over a month.
    Okay i see what you're saying hah

Yeah, the logs would be more of proof to myself that i'm not forgetting or missing something that i have consumed , and didn't count it in my daily calorie intake.

500 lower per day. You're at maintenance calories.

Your body doesn’t know numbers all that knows is it it’s been given calories to either gain mass loose mass or maintain mass

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're not losing body fat, you're not in a calorie deficit.
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Google Reviews of GettFit Online Coaching: https://g.page/r/CeuQw8grjXrzEAE

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the ******** Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.********.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat

NikkieJenner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NikkieJenner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NikkieJenner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NikkieJenner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NikkieJenner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by MG5 View Post
    If you're not losing body fat, you're not in a calorie deficit.
    Agreed, calories burnt means fat is burning.