Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have an idea: eat literally the exact same thing as you claim, *except* the quark. If you truly are eating precisely the same amount and your activity level remains the same, this will guarantee fat loss.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just to add a thought, when I started cutting back my calories I weighed and tracked everything just like you OP. I was making a mistake with pasta for example where I wasn't reading the nutritional information correctly. It would say the portion size was 170g and this would be 300cal. So I weighed 170g of pasta then cooked it. The info on the pack was telling me that 170g COOKED was 300cal, meaning the 170g I weighed out once it was cooked was more like 350-400g, so more than double the calories I thought I was having. Double check what the nutrition info says OP.

SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SnipeItLikePro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TodDaWild View Post
    Yes and that's what's driving me a bit crazy.
    Ok I'll give an estimate of what I eat each day for the past month or more and help me find the issue?
    So I eat about 500g of chicken breast which I marinade with spices and soy sauce which is about 900 calories ?
    Then I add 250g of whole grain rice which is about 400 calories ?
    With the above I add a good amount of broccoli and asparagus
    I also eat 200g of quark with a scoop of whey protein which is about 200 calories ? (a scoop of my protein is 93cal and on the box of quark it says for 100g its 50 calories)
    I drink a pre workout before gym but i don't count those , and I eat a banana or 2 kiwis

^ This is literally what I've been eating for over a month now. I know it might seem weird but I enjoy the fact that it's the same every day
    Is the 250g of whole grain rice dry or cooked? It makes big difference.

I hope you’re counting the banana and kiwis too. Also the spices and soy sauce for the chicken.

Like I’m not 100% sure, but I think you’re not accurately tracking everything.
    Christian

COD lover

ajloney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SnipeItLikePro View Post
    Is the 250g of whole grain rice dry or cooked? It makes big difference.

I hope you’re counting the banana and kiwis too. Also the spices and soy sauce for the chicken.

Like I’m not 100% sure, but I think you’re not accurately tracking everything.
    Out of curiosity what are you cooking the chicken in? Oils/butter. Why wholemeal rice? Honestly eating the same thing day in day out is only going to make you resent the diet. I find using myfitness pal so much easier to stay on top of food intake.
    Aaron Loney

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    guessing OP figured his s41t out and just didn’t update? hmmmmm…..

TodDaWild is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mtnmama View Post
    guessing OP figured his s41t out and just didn’t update? hmmmmm…..
    Oh, i really didn't think more people would comment on this post and i kinda forgot about it
    Well so here is the update

Back when i posted this i really was tracking everything correctly, i kinda drove myself crazy from not seeing the scale go down at that moment.
    I kept reading about it and saw somewhere that i should just be patient, at the time i thought well isn't a month enough to even give me a slight sign? but i thought w/e lets just keep the same thing up for another month and weigh myself again later.
    So the next month without changing anything besides a very slight up in lifting weight training, i weigh myself and i was around 110.
    I think big mistake on my part was not taking pictures of my body and just relying on the scale

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So the next month without changing anything besides a very slight up in lifting weight training, i weigh myself and i was around 110.
    so - you saw a ~17-18 pound woosh???? awesome dude! Still going down, then?

TodDaWild is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    so - you saw a ~17-18 pound woosh???? awesome dude! Still going down, then?
    Yeah, right now i'm at 104kg and visually have gained a lot of muscle, and my strength in the gym has gone up a ton too, i'm fairly happy on how its going at the moment.
    I hear that i'm still in a "noobie gains" phase and that i might hit a plateau soon, but we will see i guess.

Oh btw a while back, at around 110kg i did hit a small plateau on my weightloss while eating ~1800cal, i kept reading and trying to figure stuff out, i came to a conclusion i was way too low (i'm still not sure about most off this stuff) , i upped my calories then to like ~2200, came down to 105-6kg right now for the past 2weeks? im eating around ~2500cal and today i weigh myself at 104kg, i honestly dont really know how this works, eating more and still losing , but i'm completely fine with it haha.
    my guess is that i am getting a bit extra lean muscle, and my time in the gym is really helping. but to be very clear, i am a bit lost on how precisely this all works.

Beavertown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beavertown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beavertown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beavertown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beavertown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beavertown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beavertown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beavertown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beavertown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beavertown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beavertown will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, right now i'm at 104kg and visually have gained a lot of muscle, and my strength in the gym has gone up a ton too, i'm fairly happy on how its going at the moment.
    I hear that i'm still in a "noobie gains" phase and that i might hit a plateau soon, but we will see i guess.

Oh btw a while back, at around 110kg i did hit a small plateau on my weightloss while eating ~1800cal, i kept reading and trying to figure stuff out, i came to a conclusion i was way too low (i'm still not sure about most off this stuff) , i upped my calories then to like ~2200, came down to 105-6kg right now for the past 2weeks? im eating around ~2500cal and today i weigh myself at 104kg, i honestly dont really know how this works, eating more and still losing , but i'm completely fine with it haha.
    my guess is that i am getting a bit extra lean muscle, and my time in the gym is really helping. but to be very clear, i am a bit lost on how precisely this all works.
    If you are still cutting then jump in the fat loss thread. Just starting this week its a mint way to keep yourself accountable with others in the group too 👍

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Oh, i really didn't think more people would comment on this post and i kinda forgot about it
    Well so here is the update

Back when i posted this i really was tracking everything correctly, i kinda drove myself crazy from not seeing the scale go down at that moment.
    I kept reading about it and saw somewhere that i should just be patient, at the time i thought well isn't a month enough to even give me a slight sign? but i thought w/e lets just keep the same thing up for another month and weigh myself again later.
    I think big mistake on my part was not taking pictures of my body and just relying on the scale
    2 things can happen when you add calories.one is you have more energy and are more active and two, you dropped more water. usually a combo of the 2
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

first - agree with both those guys below - the challenges can be really helpful for regular check-ins....here's the link @beavertown was referring to for the current one:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=180591483

@Tommy W. was also right - and water is such a weird thing - it can do weird s41t for no reason or super obvious reasons.....and that extra energy is a HUGE plus if you are sluggish (LIKE ME) and i think Tommy mentions it in other posts sometimes - but even things you may not notice - just regular daily activity often increases - like not just your lifting or cardio - but actually just being less sedentary

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    first - agree with both those guys below - the challenges can be really helpful for regular check-ins....here's the link @beavertown was referring to for the current one:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=180591483

@Tommy W. was also right - and water is such a weird thing - it can do weird s41t for no reason or super obvious reasons.....and that extra energy is a HUGE plus if you are sluggish (LIKE ME) and i think Tommy mentions it in other posts sometimes - but even things you may not notice - just regular daily activity often increases - like not just your lifting or cardio - but actually just being less sedentary
    Correct.

People equate activity to structured exercise however that number pales in comparison to the other 15 hours a day of just going about your day. You can work out like an animal 1 hour a day and then go back to a desk job then go home and eat dinner in front of the tv then go to bed and you'll have a much lower TDEE than someone that trains 3x per week but is more active in their lifestyle.

That can be as simple as taking the elevator instead of stairs or HAVING to park right in the front at the grocery store. No energy and almost everything you do is a matter of trying to minimize activity

Sometimes with too low calories combined with the intense training too many times a week you just don't have the energy to do much outside the gym. There is a balance there to find and everyone needs to figure theirs out through trial and error

When people speak of down regulating of metabolism due to low calories they confuse that with just a lower NEAT expenditure.
    Last edited by Tommy W.; 09-17-2021 at 03:19 PM.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Originally Posted by tommy w. View Post
    correct.

People equate activity to structured exercise however that number pales in comparison to the other 15 hours a day of just going about your day. You can work out like an animal 1 hour a day and then go back to a desk job then go home and eat dinner in front of the tv then go to bed and you'll have a much lower tdee than someone that trains 3x per week but is more active in their lifestyle.

That can be as simple as taking the elevator instead of stairs or having to park right in the front at the grocery store. No energy and almost everything you do is a matter of trying to minimize activity

sometimes with too low calories combined with the intense training too many times a week you just don't have the energy to do much outside the gym. There is a balance there to find and everyone needs to figure theirs out through trial and error

when people speak of down regulating of metabolism due to low calories they confuse that with just a lower neat expenditure.
    yeeeessssssssssss