Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by RocknRollMuscle View Post
    So yes calories matter but more so: quality of calories matter.
    How so.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Weight loss and subsequent weight management require lifestyle changes. Those lifestyle changes need to be attainable and sustainable and these are based on the individual.

Person A could follow a 40/40/20 macro split with a deficit and then maintain with the same split for the rest of their life.

Person B might need more flexibility in their approach because a 40/40/20 split isn't attainable and/or sustainable for various reasons.
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that youre a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." -Henry Rollins

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    How so.
    i guess he meant from a satiety perspective to make cutting infinitely easier

spottedcat1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spottedcat1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spottedcat1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spottedcat1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spottedcat1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spottedcat1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spottedcat1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spottedcat1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spottedcat1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spottedcat1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spottedcat1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For me, its eating low-calorie dense foods that have a good amount of volume. And I space them out so that I can always eat a big meal any time I get hungry. For example, I make a big salad with lots of different veggies, egg whites, and some green salsa as a dressing. Of course, when I'm ragingly hungry, the last thing I want to do is weigh out salad components, so I usually have the stuff pre-mixed and ready to eat beforehand.

Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000)
    Weigh and calculate and record each course of your meal as you eat the previous course. No time wasted.

I now see my french bread slice is too big. I should half it in the future. Might even need to half my canned beans, or spread 2 cans over 3 meals, so I can eat fruit too.
    Last edited by Darkius; 10-01-2021 at 12:33 PM.

GabrielDorsi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    On the whole, enter a calorie deficit.

Quick tips:
    -Make sure you ingest less or 0 carbs at dinner. Prioritize protein.
    -Apply high intensity workouts.
    -Drink plenty of water

PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100)
    Eat tasty to maintain your diet. Count calories. Limit sugary drinks. Perform spontaneous physical activity to create a caloric deficit and maintain metabolism at an appropriate level. Good luck

klbbr is just really nice. (+1000) klbbr is just really nice. (+1000) klbbr is just really nice. (+1000) klbbr is just really nice. (+1000) klbbr is just really nice. (+1000) klbbr is just really nice. (+1000) klbbr is just really nice. (+1000) klbbr is just really nice. (+1000) klbbr is just really nice. (+1000) klbbr is just really nice. (+1000) klbbr is just really nice. (+1000)
    How so.
    I guess I'm pointing out the bleeding obvious, kicking in open doors, writing stuff you'd agree with without blinking, but if we look at the extremes, comparing calories of cotton candy with lean meat, the first would cause a spike in blood sugar and all the insulin makes the cells store it as fat—and conversely lean meat would make the body store the calories as muscle. People don't eat like that but the further the carbs are towards cotton candy, the more insulin, the more body fat, so two diets with the same percentage wise breakdown of C50/P30/F20 would differ if the carbs are slow, such as such as in oat meal, or fast such as in soda.

What I am saying is I think the body would store the carbs of soda as fat, more readily than oatmeal. With oatmeal the blood sugar is boosted for a prolonged period, and carbs can be broken down into protein, thus not making them into fat, and a slow spike in blood sure would—and this might be broscience—make you want to move more throughout the day, not sit still, so you'd get a more steady level of excess energy if you will.

Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000)
    Losing some muscle when cutting is normal. Generally the leaner you are the more chance of greater muscle loss. That's when you need abundant and consistent protein and a solid training program are vital. How much muscle you lose compared to fat varies greatly.

One thing I see is guys think they lost a ton of muscle after they lean out however they just didn't have as much muscle as they thought. Training wise its best to cut down on volume and not lower weight on the bar if you can help it. Guys try to run too much volume in order to burn more calories however they end up having to reduce the weight while doing so. Let your diet cause fatloss and your training program spare the muscle.
    I read that lean people can lose 0.5% body weight per week without losing muscle. That has limits of course. I also read 31 calories of fat for each pound of body fat.

When you say losing muscle is normal during a cut, do you mean even within these limits? Are you talking about ultra lean contest prep?

Another poster said losing 1% body weight per week without losing muscle is not realistic. I wonder if she is thinking of leaner older people ir if she disagrees with the studies.