JoeBWS is on a distinguished road. (+10)

2500 Calorie plan help!

Hello, im just getting back into the gym after a year and half out and ive been trying to find a 2500 calorie meal plan to go along with my weight training but im struggling to find something thats just pure simplicity. I dont care about variation i just want to get my macros and calories in.

Can anyone help me out with something super simple please. I like peanut butter, Oats, Eggs, Rice, meats, fruits & veg (not cauliflower or sprouts) just all the simple stuff really and i do have a whey protein too to fit in there too. I dont know which would be the best macro set out either im guessing 40/40/20 is easy im not sure?

Thanks if anyone can help me out!

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    toast with peanut butter, bacon and honey.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Don't try to make it fit 40/40/20 - those are completely arbitrary ratios. If you read the macro calculation sticky, you'll see you just have to meet or exceed basic minimums for protein and fat which are based on grams per kg of bodyweight. This is much more flexible

As for the actual plan, start by putting what you normally eat in a day into myfitnesspal and just make adjustments.

EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not to be insensitive to anyone's potential difficulties, but the more I read these forums the more surprised I am that people not only have trouble eating 2500 calories in a day, but also that they request advice on how to do this.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Make one 2500 calorie pizza and eat it throughout the day
    The power of carbs compels me!

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Not to be insensitive to anyone's potential difficulties, but the more I read these forums the more surprised I am that people not only have trouble eating 2500 calories in a day, but also that they request advice on how to do this.
    Im wont have trouble eating 2500 calories, i just like to have a written out simple plan so i know what to eat.

EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JoeBWS View Post
    Im wont have trouble eating 2500 calories, i just like to have a written out simple plan so i know what to eat.
    Oh I see. That is a bit different.

When I'm counting, I just keep a mental count of total calories and total protein throughout the day to a reasonably accurate approximation (going off of the label as much as possible) until I reach the total. Have you tried this?

If you want a literal plan, you could simply prepare a recipe for your meals each day and write out the calories from the label beforehand.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I haven't been tracking calories in a long time now, but if I HAD to try and 'design' a sample day of what would be an easy 2500 calories might look like for me:

Breakfast -- 625 Calories
    Cup of Oats 300 cals
    Scoop of Protein 120 cals
    Cup of Blueberries 85 cals
    1/2 Serving PB 95 cals
    Cup of Cashewmilk 25 cals

Lunch -- 645 cals
    2 Lavash Wraps 250 cals
    1 Serving Hummus 60 cals
    Veggies 85 cals
    1/2 Small Avocado 100 cals
    Lean Protein Source (meat or alternative) 150 cals

"Snack" -- 620 calories

1 Greek Yogurt 120 cals
    1 Protein Bar 250 cals
    1 Banana 100 cals
    1 Cup Cereal 150 cals

Dinner -- 610 cals
    8oz Sweet Potato 200 cals
    Veggies 85 cals
    1/2 Small Avocado 100 cals
    5oz Shrimp (raw) 150 cals
    Sauce of Choice 75 cals

Total: 2,500 calories

Registered User Benchpresser350's Avatar
    Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    One way to do it that is easy is to make a plan with 3 meals a day that you like to eat.

For instance Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 toast, 1 Tbsp butter, 3 strips center cut bacon, a cup of coffee with half and half.

Lunch: 4 oz deli roast beef, 2 whole wheat breads, a slice of tomato and a splash of Dijon mustard and a diet soda.

Dinner: 1 Quarter Pounder with cheese plus a diet soda.

Then calculate the total calories and protein from this:

Then use ready to drink protein drinks to increase you protein grams to 1 gram per pound of body weight (you realistically expect to be at in 6 months).

Add those calories to the calories above and see if you need more whole food or less.

6 meals a day works for a lot of guys, so does 5, so you might want to make more than 3 meals.

the other 2 or 3 could be a cup of instant oatmeal plus a protein drink.

As far as food choices, there are no Carb or fat macros, just choose foods that give you a lot of energy after you eat and tastes good to you.

If a food makes you feel like you have less energy after eating it--you might want to find something better.

Note: This ignores current fashionable "Health" type foods, such as Quinoa, Salmon, Olive Oil, Goji Berries, Spirulina, etc..., BUT lets you insert them if it's important to you.

(That's the easiest way I know to make a training diet.)

Originally Posted by Benchpresser350 View Post

Note: This ignores current fashionable "Health" type foods, such as Quinoa, Salmon, Olive Oil, Goji Berries, Spirulina, etc..., BUT lets you insert them if it's important to you.

(That's the easiest way I know to make a training diet.)
    A very odd statement here...

The three meals you gave as examples are pretty low in nutrition and high on saturated fats / processed food.

I think we should at least have a goal of shooting for primarily wholesome choices.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post

The three meals you gave as examples are pretty low in nutrition and high on saturated fats / processed food.

I think we should at least have a goal of shooting for primarily wholesome choices.
    Yes i really want to have it be healthy "clean" foods

Registered User Benchpresser350's Avatar
    Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Yes, but everyone is different.

I know two guys who ate nothing but Oscar Meyer Lunch meat and went from toothpicks to Stretch Armstrong very quickly.

Not everyone eats "Healthy" but many do, and this allows for that.

I just gave some comfort type foods that a lot of people like to eat.

The "Health" stuff is good for you, but you can build muscle and control fat with 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight and controlling calories.

The Health aspect of the foods is a secondary benefit---to make you live longer.

But then you have the person who eats healthy but downs tons of Alcohol on the weekend...kind of like a dog chasing his tail--L0L.

I know two guys who ate nothing but Oscar Meyer Lunch meat and went from toothpicks to Stretch Armstrong very quickly.

The "Health" stuff is good for you, but you can build muscle and control fat with 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight and controlling calories.

The Health aspect of the foods is a secondary benefit---to make you live longer.

But then you have the person who eats healthy but downs tons of Alcohol on the weekend...kind of like a dog chasing his tail--L0L.
    Well, I don't think Adam was saying to rule out unwholesome choices altogether (at a certain point, it becomes unhealthy to obsessively omit them, IMHO); but rather to make the basic contents of your diet nutritious. I'm happily a savory-paletted meat lover, but if I ate McDonald's, bacon and lunch meat every day I would quickly feel pretty bad.

While to the best of my knowledge you're mostly right about body comp itself, longevity isn't the only other factor here, either: energy, overall feeling of wellness, prevention of mild to severe diseases you'd otherwise risk having to live with, mental alacrity, et al.

EDIT: Earlier on in living on my own, I used to avoid vegetables altogether for a long time: not because I disliked them, honestly most likely I simply didn't think to buy/prepare them because I was content with what I'd been eating. Eventually I got nosebleeds like every other day and started just feeling bad. I then started getting strange cravings for squash and nightshades specifically. I probably was deficient in some micronutrient I needed and had neglected for a long time.

Since making sure to eat some fruits and vegetables almost every day, I have not had any issue like this.

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes i really want to have it be healthy "clean" foods
    A rule of thumb is to eat things on the perimeter of a grocery story and ignore the things in the aisles.

Perimeter = fresh fruit/vegetables, meat, dairy.
    Aisles = breakfast cereals, juices with added sugar, soda, potato chips, cake, cookies and most definitely no fruit bats.

EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hello, im just getting back into the gym after a year and half out and ive been trying to find a 2500 calorie meal plan to go along with my weight training but im struggling to find something thats just pure simplicity. I dont care about variation i just want to get my macros and calories in.

Can anyone help me out with something super simple please. I like peanut butter, Oats, Eggs, Rice, meats, fruits & veg (not cauliflower or sprouts) just all the simple stuff really and i do have a whey protein too to fit in there too. I dont know which would be the best macro set out either im guessing 40/40/20 is easy im not sure?

Thanks if anyone can help me out!
    Are you bulking, cutting or maintaining your weight?

How do you know you need to eat 2500 calories?
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    Are you bulking, cutting or maintaining your weight?

How do you know you need to eat 2500 calories?
    its maintenance while i get back to being fit again then i will add more. when im ready to bulk

Living longer is secondary to building muscle?

Ok….

Living longer is secondary to building muscle?

Ok….
    I've got something to say...

it's better to burn out, than fade away.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2500 calories worth of:

peanut butter
    Oats
    Eggs
    Rice
    meats
    fruits & veg (not cauliflower or sprouts)
    A dock in harbor is safe, and thats what docks are built for.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    6.25 bottles of Soylent a day

125 g of protein
    150 g of fat
    225 g carbs

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I've got something to say...

it's better to burn out, than fade away.
    You’ll start the process sooner if you adopt poor habits…

Everyone fades away eventually… whether it starts at 40 vs 70 depends at least in part on lifestyle choices

I’d also rather die in my sleep at age 90 than of a heart attack or cancer at age 50

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You’ll start the process sooner if you adopt poor habits…

Everyone fades away eventually… whether it starts at 40 vs 70 depends at least in part on lifestyle choices

I’d also rather die in my sleep at age 90 than of a heart attack or cancer at age 50
    I think also, having children makes most people want to live longer /older. I don’t have kids, and if I passed 70 I’d be ok with that. Then again, that’s actually pretty good for my health issues and crap. I just wouldn’t want my family dishing out money to take care of me when I’m older. Or I’d rather have my money go to better causes

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    I think also, having children makes most people want to live longer /older. I don’t have kids, and if I passed 70 I’d be ok with that. Then again, that’s actually pretty good for my health issues and crap. I just wouldn’t want my family dishing out money to take care of me when I’m older. Or I’d rather have my money go to better causes
    I agree about the kids things, but nowadays with all the emerging medical advances, by the time you or I are that old, who knows what treatments will be out there to extending life and quality of life?

But I agree, I don't want anyone going broke trying to keep me going.

Originally Posted by Solnce1 View Post
    Thank you for the info.
    How long do you want to live?

I wrote a paper and gave a speech on this in 11th grade (1983).

Cliffs: It's all about HDL and LDL.