Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000)

Is incline press useless?

Debating on scrapping this exercise. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I prefer bench,cgbp and even decline. Am I going to miss out if I don’t do it? I do ohp as well, which is prob my favorite press atm. Thinking of making my main chest exercises for now bench and weighted dips

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Definitely not useless, but it is just a tool in a big ol’ bag of tools.

If you feel you can’t make the movement work for you, I’d suggest trying to work on first, and if you get form nailed down and you find it still doesn’t suit you, THEN scrap it.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ondle View Post
    Debating on scrapping this exercise. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I prefer bench,cgbp and even decline. Am I going to miss out if I don’t do it? I do ohp as well, which is prob my favorite press atm. Thinking of making my main chest exercises for now bench and weighted dips
    For physique training, it more or less depends on your upper pec insertions. Some people need some sort of incline pressing to develop those upper pecs, some people not really.

There used to be a massive thread about it:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...5769703&page=1

Personally, I fall in the category where my physique needs that upper pec concentration to grow it.
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    For physique training, it more or less depends on your upper pec insertions. Some people need some sort of incline pressing to develop those upper pecs, some people not really.

Personally, I fall in the category where my physique needs that upper pec concentration to grow it.
    Have you tried reverse grip BB/DB bench? I find that nails the upper chest quite nicely. For me, incline is mostly in the delts.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post

If you feel you can’t make the movement work for you, I’d suggest trying to work on first, and if you get form nailed down and you find it still doesn’t suit you, THEN scrap it.
    I don’t really feel my chest working. Another reason why I’m debating dropping it is because my ohp and incline ratio seems off. I can overhead press 150x5, yet I struggle with 205 on incline for 3-5 reps.

Maybe I can try a lower incline angle? My bench at home has a 5,10,20 degree angle. I usually do 30 degree incline

tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Incline barbell hurts my shoulders and feels awkward. Incline dumbbell feels godly

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post

This. Some people scrap an exercise far too early. They rather call it quits early than take videos, look at form closely, have others look at their form, and practice, practice, practice.

I would recommend doing some sort of incline work though.

Incline dumbbell bench
    Incline dumbbell fly
    Incline bench on smith machine
    Incline press machine

Still not required, but to really maximize your chest, it'd be best to do some sort of incline exercise.
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Google Reviews of GettFit Online Coaching: https://g.page/r/CeuQw8grjXrzEAE

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the ******** Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.********.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat

WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Reverse grip bench press actually hits the clavicular head better than incline press. So if you don't wanna do incline, you can do that instead.

I don’t really feel my chest working. Another reason why I’m debating dropping it is because my ohp and incline ratio seems off. I can overhead press 150x5, yet I struggle with 205 on incline for 3-5 reps.

Maybe I can try a lower incline angle? My bench at home has a 5,10,20 degree angle. I usually do 30 degree incline
    Now that is interesting, usually the lesser the incline, the more lower chest….

Do you bench with a lot of elbow flair?

-Sir Isaac Newton

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    15' incline is the highest angle I can feel my upper chest befiir turned I to just delts n triceps for a press.

Standard fixed incline benches arent nice. Unless I cg high incline for press assistance

Flyes I can hang with 30' tho.

I normally put a bumper plate under the top end of my bench which is 7' at home and/or flip my angled football bar.

Low incline is the goat for upper chest /bench transfer for most people
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The flat barbell bench is my primary chest exercise but the incline press with dumbbells would be my choice if I could choose only one variation. The stimulus to the stabilization and the greater range of motion are appealing, plus having the variety of using dumbbells and a bar.

Can certainly agree from experience that incline pressing with the bar seems capped by anterior delts before the upper chest gets properly worked. I don't seem to encounter this with dumbbells however. OP, have you given these a longwinded try?
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Each to his own. Incline bench press is 100% a staple in my workouts.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MG5 View Post
    This. Some people scrap an exercise far too early. They rather call it quits early than take videos, look at form closely, have others look at their form, and practice, practice, practice.

I would recommend doing some sort of incline work though.

Incline dumbbell bench
    Incline dumbbell fly
    Incline bench on smith machine
    Incline press machine

Still not required, but to really maximize your chest, it'd be best to do some sort of incline exercise.
    Yeah.

Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post

Interesting read... maybe that’s why I can’t feel my upper chest worth ****. Feet elevated handle push-ups hit them pretty nicely though, even though the platform + handle height effectively makes me flat. Hmm... but that’s about it, really. Incline press, incline flies, OHP, reverse grip don’t seem to do anything.

Anyone here have high insertions that finds incline press beneficial nevertheless?

Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wonder, could a neutral grip be the solution here? Dunno why I haven’t experimented with this before, but I just got done with 2 sets of neutral inclines—one at 30 degrees and 1 at 15—and came out from each with a decent feeling of activation just below my collarbone on either side with the exclusion of my front delts. Granted it’s an off day so they weren’t hard sets so I’m not sure if my shoulders would attempt to take over once it gets tough.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Probably have to experiment to find out for yourself.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Glad to see the reverse grip press getting some love, I prefer it for upper chest work although I do mine on the ground like a floor press. For lower chest, dips all the way - I never felt pecs working anywhere near as hard on any other exercises such as decline flyes or decline presses. Except pullovers(especially done on decline), for some reason those I always felt in the chest like crazy, great bang for buck cause you get some lats in there too.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Incline fly and cable incline fly are GREAT if you otherwise feel your front delt and or tris take over…
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!