DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

misc golf ****s gtfih

Am going to be picking up golf again, I used to play when I was a children.
    Go to some nearby golf center (Red Tail Golf in Oregon)
    Hoping to get some cheap starter clubs to get me.... started. Something I can play around with until I want something more fitted.
    People there told me straight-out I should get custom fitted for my first set of clubs.

Does that make sense? I always figured you would get custom fitted after you have been doing it awhile and have settled into a stance and technique. Or since I plan on sticking with golf for the rest of my adulthood should I just stfu and do the custom fitting? What if I need to get re-fitted after I have played a while?

wat do?

Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz
    You ever fap to sexy golfers?

Hawaiian shirt hoarder FAPhaggot's Avatar
    FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Custom fitting is crucial even for bad or new players, srs. I'm getting fitted for a driver on Wednesday.

It's pretty wild how much of a difference the right fit makes. When you're trying to hit a ball that's like an inch wide with a club head going 100 MPH, a club that's a 1/2" too long or one flex grade too stiff is the difference between clean contact or a mis hit. I swing right on the edge between regular and senior speed (slow swinger crew), and tried to game a stiff high-speed hybrid I got for cheap. The ****er hit EVERYTHING right, because it wouldn't twist back to square with my slow swing. When I got a regular flex hybrid that twisted easier, it shot everything straight with no change in my swing.

I have a ghetto fitting and club buying guide I wrote for another miscer... here it is for anyone that's interested.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by FAPhaggot; 06-21-2021 at 02:15 PM.
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

"Experience is something you get right after you need it."

padrote is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) padrote is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) padrote is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) padrote is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) padrote is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) padrote is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) padrote is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) padrote is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) padrote is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) padrote is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) padrote is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Getting a starter set is a better idea, get your swing in order then get fitted. Not gonna get a good fitting if you can't hit shots somewhat consistently during the process.

Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coachbombay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by padrote View Post
    Getting a starter set is a better idea, get your swing in order then get fitted. Not gonna get a good fitting if you can't hit shots somewhat consistently during the process.
    This.
    How tf are you supposed to get fitted if you don't have a consistent swing to fit?
    They got little baby legs that stand so low
    you got to pick 'em up just to say hello.

FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Coachbombay View Post
    This.
    How tf are you supposed to get fitted if you don't have a consistent swing to fit?
    You can fit some of the basics. Something like lie angle might change as your swing changes, but your height ain't going to change, your swing speed isn't going to change much, your natural tempo probably isn't going to change... you can fit all those from day 1 and it will make a huge difference versus playing a set of mismatched clubs.

Package clubs are chit, and are fit for the lowest common denominator average brah (don't work for outliers). I started with a cheap Big 5 starter set and have replaced half of it, including all the distance clubs. They were fit for a 5'10" guy with a regular-fast swing, whereas I am a 5'7" dude with a regular-slow swing. Not that far off, but getting better fit clubs for me made a big difference.
    Last edited by FAPhaggot; 06-21-2021 at 03:15 PM.
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DolphinPilot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by padrote View Post
    Originally Posted by Coachbombay View Post
    This.
    I dunno I figured it might be like riding a bike. It may take awhile to get back into the stance again but they might be able to compensate for that...? maybe?

I mean how much of a chance is there that I would need a second fitting however long down the road? How often does that happen? srs question

samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FA******* View Post
    You can fit some of the basics. Something like lie angle might change as your swing changes, but your height ain't going to change, your swing speed isn't going to change much, your natural tempo probably isn't going to change... you can fit all those from day 1 and it will make a huge difference versus playing a set of mismatched clubs.

Starter clubs are chit, and are fit for the lowest common denominator average brah (don't work for outliers). I started with a cheap Big 5 starter set and have replaced half of it, including all the distance clubs. They were fit for a 5'10" guy with a regular-fast swing, whereas I am a 5'7" dude with a regular-slow swing. Not that far off, but getting better fit clubs for me made a big difference.
    Ive played decent level amateur golf for 30 years and honestly never seen anyone improve much by getting fitted, or indeed spending money on clubs full stop. I get what you are saying but i'd stress unless you have extremely ill suited clubs it really doesnt matter.

The odd lesson, online instruction, understanding your swing and a ton of practise are where improvement lie.
    2023 bertie awards 2024 nominations

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=184693083

Originally Posted by samsbolton View Post
    Ive played decent level amateur golf for 30 years and honestly never seen anyone improve much by getting fitted, or indeed spending money on clubs full stop. I get what you are saying but i'd stress unless you have extremely ill suited clubs it really doesnt matter.

The odd lesson, online instruction, understanding your swing and a ton of practise are where improvement lie.
    Fitting makes a huge difference, and the basics aren't even hard to do.

I demoed a used Taylor Made fairway wood the other day at a golf shop that had a killer price on it, and was skulling EVERYTHING with it. Could not get a ball off the deck. I went and compared it to a factory stock demo club the shop had, and yep... the used club had been shortened by about 1/2". That's why it was so cheap. What would have been a flush hit on a normal length club was coming in high and hitting the top of the ball on a short club.

1/2" sounds trivial, but look at the face of a fairway wood. It's like 2" deep total, so you don't have a 1/2" to lose. I hit the demo 3 wood for chits and it was fine with my normal swing (wasn't gonna pay $200 for it though... that $80 for the chitty used club looked much more appealing).

Now if you are tall manmore brah, EVERY factory-stock club is going to play like that short club for you. So you either buy stock clubs, skull a ton of balls, get frustrated, and eventually learn a bunch of weird swing compensations to hit short clubs, or you just measure your arm length and buy proper clubs in the first place.
    Last edited by FAPhaggot; 06-21-2021 at 03:47 PM.
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would lean towards developing a consistent swing with used GI clubs first unless you are super tall or short or have super long or short arms. $300 used set vs. $1300 custom fitted set...that $1000 can buy a lot of golf time to even find out if you still like the game.

Def buy used clubs from major manufacturer instead of a Dicks top flyte set.

Also as said above get the proper shaft stiffness. Probably regular for you at this point. Gettinf some XS shafts or something certainly will fuk you up more than your lie not being half a degree one way or the other.

Also with something like a Ping set yoyncan measure yourself and buy the right clubs (the dot color system)

Ebay
    Rockbottomgolf
    2ndswing
    Golfgalaxy
    Last edited by Retoaded; 06-21-2021 at 03:53 PM.
    Stern Crew

MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Golf is so expensive, time consuming and complex , I just kind of gave up on it tbh. Might revisit one day, right now just spending all my off time fishing

icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What I did was I went and bought a "fitted" set of knock-off clubs, I'm 6'4". The fitting was basically just saying you need longer clubs. No swing analysis was done or anything like that because the place wasn't set up for anything like that and it was the 90's. Knock-off's are cheap and much more affordable than the big name brands. With that said, if you're 6' and under, an off the rack box set should work to get ya going. Take ya a couple of refresher lessons to get some good habits starting and start playing. Once you've developed a solid swing for yourself and if you want to then, go get a full fitting for proper length, lie, offset, grip size and shaft. I just got fitted for a new set of Mizuno JPX Hot Iron Pro's. I'm stoked and I can't wait for them to come in.
    Official Supp. Misc Beer Crew

There's a taste of fear
    When the henchmen call
    Iron fist to tame them
    Iron fist to claim it all

Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    wood meat at red tail to practice brah. i literally just started and suck

samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fitting makes a huge difference, and the basics aren't even hard to do.

I demoed a used Taylor Made fairway wood the other day at a golf shop that had a killer price on it, and was skulling EVERYTHING with it. Could not get a ball off the deck. I went and compared it to a factory stock demo club the shop had, and yep... the used club had been shortened by about 1/2". That's why it was so cheap. What would have been a flush hit on a normal length club was coming in high and hitting the top of the ball on a short club.

1/2" sounds trivial, but look at the face of a fairway wood. It's like 2" deep total, so you don't have a 1/2" to lose. .
    that really doesnt make much sense. A 6 iron is shorter than a 7 iron, do you skull that?

for a fact I can hit and score with any club unless its specs are off the charts extreme. What really happened is that you thinned one or two and you convinced yourself it was the club, so it became self fulfilling. That you later found it was a nadge short is coincidence

dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dbluevette has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    that really doesnt make much sense. A 6 iron is shorter than a 7 iron, do you skull that?

for a fact I can hit and score with any club unless its specs are off the charts extreme. What really happened is that you thinned one or two and you convinced yourself it was the club, so it became self fulfilling. That you later found it was a nadge short is coincidence
    When did a six iron become shorter than a seven iron? Do yall number your clubs backwards over the pond?
    Balloon knot connoisseur.

You meant to say a 7 iron's shorter than a 6 right?

But yeah, that's why you move the ball around in your stance brah. It changes where the clubs bottom out. I play the ball about a half-roll farther forward with my 5 and 6 iron than with my 7 for that reason.

The way to "correct" a short 3 wood is to play it back farther in your stance. You could do that and learn to cope with a short club, but if you followed any golf instructor or Youtube video's advice above where to play a 3 wood in your stance, you'll thin it like I did. If you teach yourself to compensate on your 3 wood and learn to hit it further back through trial and error, you'll fat the ball whenever you get a standard length 3 wood.

You could play a short club, if you've already golfed a bit and know about those adjustments. Or for a new player, you could just get fitted for the right length of club and not ingrain compensations into your swing. I really don't see the downside. You can measure your height and arm length in less than the time it takes to post a misc comment, then smith your new clubs to suit.
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

Originally Posted by dbluevette View Post
    When did a six iron become shorter than a seven iron? Do yall number your clubs backwards over the pond?
    mistype. My point stands. Every club is a different lie and length. Making any club an inch shorter than what you are used to wont mean you miss the ball by an inch lol

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

But yeah, that's why you move the ball around in your stance brah. It changes where the clubs bottom out. I play the ball about a half-roll farther forward with my 5 and 6 iron than with my 7 for that reason.

The way to "correct" a short 3 wood is to play it back farther in your stance. You could do that and learn to cope with a short club, but if you followed any golf instructor or Youtube video's advice above where to play a 3 wood in your stance, you'll thin it like I did. If you teach yourself to compensate on your 3 wood and learn to hit it further back through trial and error, you'll fat the ball whenever you get a standard length 3 wood.

You could play a short club, if you've already golfed a bit and know about those adjustments, but for a new player, you could just get fitted for the right length of club and not ingrain compensations into your swing. I really don't see the downside. You can measure your height and arm length in less than the time it takes to post a misc comment, then smith your new clubs to suit.
    As I said above the primary downside is having another grand to start playing golf to see if you even like it. Or you can compromise and self measure and use the Ping system. If 6'3 or above or 5'7 or below then getting fitted has more value.
    Stern Crew

The way to "correct" a short 3 wood is to play it back farther in your stance. .
    Not giving you a hard time but that really isnt correct logic. The irons dont move at all relative to your left heel. Changing ball position is nothing to do with shaft length

Dont know what your credentials are but Im a British 2 hcap. Vast majority of golfers way overestimate the value of equipment and way underestimate the value of hard work.

My swing

Originally Posted by Retoaded View Post
    As I said above the primary downside is having another grand to start playing golf to see if you even like it. Or you can compromise and self measure and use the Ping system. If 6'3 or above or 5'7 or below then getting fitted has more value.

It doesn't take a grand. You take the fitting specs and use them as a used club buying guide to find old stuff that works.

What you are really shopping for more than anything are the right shafts... club heads haven't really changed in the last 10+ years, and older stuff hits within like 5% distance of the new stuff if you hit it clean. You just need the right shaft to deliver that head cleanly. Sure, you can buy a set of custom shafts, but there are a billion used golf clubs with good shafts already on them just waiting for a player. If you know which ones fit you, you can find the diamonds in the rough and avoid the clubs that won't play worth a chit in your hands.

That's why I'm getting fitted again Wednesday... I've played used-driver roulette with like four clubs now. Some were better than others, some were worse, but I never found one that clicked. Going to drop $40 and see what clicks for me.
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

CalmYerSwag is just really nice. (+1000) CalmYerSwag is just really nice. (+1000) CalmYerSwag is just really nice. (+1000) CalmYerSwag is just really nice. (+1000) CalmYerSwag is just really nice. (+1000) CalmYerSwag is just really nice. (+1000) CalmYerSwag is just really nice. (+1000) CalmYerSwag is just really nice. (+1000) CalmYerSwag is just really nice. (+1000) CalmYerSwag is just really nice. (+1000) CalmYerSwag is just really nice. (+1000)
    As someone who’s played golf competitively and most of my life…no point in getting fitted as a scrub now. All you’ll be doing is getting wacky clubs. Unless your a midget or insanely tall just get a standard lie and lift and length set. Buy a used set of mizunos off eBay. You don’t want to buy shovels your never gonna learn how to be a better ball striker and shape shots. When I have a kid down the line he’s going straight to blades like I did.
    Se Vi Pacem Para Bellum

What you know bout pain? Blood sweat and tears man im sittin in the rain.

Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rooney15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    TaylorMade crew
    Angels

homersexual has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) homersexual has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) homersexual has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) homersexual has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) homersexual has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) homersexual has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) homersexual has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) homersexual has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) homersexual has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) homersexual has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) homersexual has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The only thing remotely close to getting fitted for me was to take my measurements and buy the appropriate length ping clubs for my height. It's worked out fine, even with stock shafts and all. I've been playing recreationally for 15yrs and private lessons are my #1 recommendation to newbies always. Buy used clubs and take lessons. Would be a shame to buy expensive equipment only to realize 6 months later that you don't really like the sport after all.
    -SF Gigantes y SF 49ers-

You could play a short club, if you've already golfed a bit and know about those adjustments. Or for a new player, you could just get fitted for the right length of club and not ingrain compensations into your swing. I really don't see the downside. You can measure your height and arm length in less than the time it takes to post a misc comment, then smith your new clubs to suit.
    further to what I said..

if you move it forward for a longer iron, you'd have to change the low point of your swing otherwise you'd hit the ground behind the ball. (using your logic)..

it does go forward when you use a tee because we want to reduce to angle of attack (not necessarily hit 'up', just less 'down')

you are obviously keen but you are confused, I recommend posting on instruction/equipment forums on golfwrx lots of pro's and plus amateurs that will help you

Hammersia is a name known to all. (+5000) Hammersia is a name known to all. (+5000) Hammersia is a name known to all. (+5000) Hammersia is a name known to all. (+5000) Hammersia is a name known to all. (+5000) Hammersia is a name known to all. (+5000) Hammersia is a name known to all. (+5000) Hammersia is a name known to all. (+5000) Hammersia is a name known to all. (+5000) Hammersia is a name known to all. (+5000) Hammersia is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CalmYerSwag View Post
    As someone who’s played golf competitively and most of my life…no point in getting fitted as a scrub now. All you’ll be doing is getting wacky clubs. Unless your a midget or insanely tall just get a standard lie and lift and length set. Buy a used set of mizunos off eBay. You don’t want to buy shovels your never gonna learn how to be a better ball striker and shape shots. When I have a kid down the line he’s going straight to blades like I did.
    Kind of this really ^^^^

I’m the best golfer on the misc, and have built approximately twenty sets for myself experimenting with shaft brands, MOI matching, different spline orientations, backweighting, flex, swingweights, lie, grip size etc. etc.

Ended up there was only a couple of those sets with super crazy backweighting (50g plus) or that were too stiff by at least 2 or 3 flexes (eg tipped by two inches) that were actually unplayable.

Anything else there was no difference at all to my score.

At 5’7 maybe go half an inch shorter than standard, apart from that, fitting is pointless.
    Lifetime Natty

Veteran Warrior of the Iron Game