Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

What's a go-to home cooked dinner for you?

Lately, when I cook dinner at home rice is a staple, and I add some kind of protein like eggs, ground beef, chicken, Greek yogurt, etc., add a sautéed onion, maybe mushrooms and mix in a sauce that I enjoy, like hot salsa, sriracha or sour cream. Most often I just stir it all up and I honestly don't even know what to call the dish... But it's filling, consistently tasty, and covers most bases well.

I'm not getting tired of this but am curious what you all routinely do, for more ideas.

The Asian palette has been on my mind lately as something I'm curious to try. It would be a poor imitation with my inexperience, but I like the unique flavors.

Some of my all-time favorite cuisines are:
    - Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
    - Indian
    - American (but this is ubiquitous in the US already, of course)

Breakfast and lunch are a little more economic and time-sensitive, but dinner I have more time to prepare/enjoy. Any ideas you could share for something relatively easy that you consistently find enjoyable for a home-cooked dinner?
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I mix up dinner a lot lately, but some of my most common choices that are just easy options include:

- Shrimp stir fry with rice + either avocado or ground nuts on top
    - baked salmon with sweet potato and veggies
    - homemade pizza
    - marinated tofu/tempeh with either rice or potato/sweet potato

Lately tho I’ve been enjoying trying more local food places so I’ve been grabbing a lot of sushi, Indian food, etc, just to mix it up
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I go through various stages, but asian stir fry is one go to. I can either cut up various veggies, buy the packs of “stir fry veggies”, or a combo of both. Then i will marinate some chicken breasts in teryaki sauce nd grill, or i will stir fry the cubed chicken breast with soy sauce, toasted sesame oil and garlic and then add the veggies. I wok full of this can last me several dinners when served over steamed rice.
    A dock in harbor is safe, and thats what docks are built for.

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Four 7oz 85/15 hamburgers. I'll have 2, my wife has one, I leave #4 out on the counter for breakfast in the morning. Sometimes I think I've built up an immunity to minor food poisoning.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Often I have to cook dishes with a veggie protein and meat protein.

Lately “Quesabirria” Tacos have been a big hit.
    Most recipes have a million ingredients and I don’t have time for that
    -soy chorizo
    -corn tortillas
    -enchilada sauce
    -oaxaca
    -avocado
    -lettuce
    -whatever meat we have on hand most often either a rotisserie chicken or leftover steak.

I cook the soy chorizo on the stove, I scoop out the soy chunks and leave the oil

I take a corn tortilla and put in it the hot oil for a couple minutes to just warm not crunchy then flip it over and put a handful of cheese on the right side up cooked side. (on the meat eaters tacos also diced up meat) fold them over and cook till the outside of the taco is cooked and crunchy.

At the same time I take the cooked soy chorizo and heat up the enchilada sauce and mix them together to make dipping sauce.

The serve with the sauce, lettuce and avocado. Sometimes with mine I add a fried egg

Bean chili in the insta pot with corn bread

grilled pizzas on the bbq with fresh store made raw dough

Stuffed sweet potatoes with black beans, broccoli, cheese, and meat for the boys

Quiche! Love making quiche, so easy and you can put anything in it

Cheesy broccoli casserole (kinda like green bean casserole sub mushroom soup for broccoli cheddar soup, sub green beans for broccoli) add cheese. I put boca in mine, chicken in the boys

Eggplant stacks.
    -trader joes frozen breaded eggplant (bake it)
    -then stack it with fresh mozzarella slices and tomato sauce and bake again

On less fancy nights, rice or potatoes with a veggie and a protein lol

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    I go through various stages, but asian stir fry is one go to. I can either cut up various veggies, buy the packs of “stir fry veggies”, or a combo of both. Then i will marinate some chicken breasts in teryaki sauce nd grill, or i will stir fry the cubed chicken breast with soy sauce, toasted sesame oil and garlic and then add the veggies. I wok full of this can last me several dinners when served over steamed rice.
    what about canned tuna with peanut sauce?

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    the stuff you wrote
    That's a good long post that I won't quote for other readers courtesy. But if I'm short of time and hungry I'll just eat raw steak from my fridge. I am not suggesting that anyone else do this.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    always rice with something like chicken, tuna or eggs. throw in a frozen veggie mix for taste and aesthetics, sometimes also cucumber and salad

i've been thinking about eating pasta every now and then, but it's not nearly as filling as rice for the amount of calories it has

LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LargePeter has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Aglio e olio way too often recently - good quality pasta, olive oil, garlic, chilli and occasionally pecorino cheese
    ** RIP KIOP - MISC LEGEND **
    bastard

RAW DOG CREW LIEUTENANT

KUNG FLU WAS CREATED TO PUSH A VACKS CREW
    NEG ONLYFANS/REDDIT THREADS CREW
    ALOYSIUS DEVADANDER ABERCROMBIE CREW
    ALWAYS PICK 4 CREW
    PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP CREW
    LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER CREW
    EPSTEIN DIDN'T KILL HIMSELF CREW

Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Can’t cook won’t cook

Lmao at cooking

However during the first COVID lockdown I pretty much had to cook for two months or so and this is what I made:

French toast

PF Chang’s freezer packages orange chicken or beef broccoli and add white rice

Burgers on wheat thins

Penne pasta with tomato and beef sauce

Side salads
    Chads only

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Silencespeaks View Post

Burgers on wheat thins
    Burgers on crackers?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    We call it "Meat and vegetables" at my house but it means this specific dish.

Large pieces of aluminum foil. 1 per each serving.

Ground beef, made into patties. Sprinkle on garlic powder. One on each piece of foil.
    Slice onions and put a pile on each patty of meat.
    Slice up potatoes (we using baking potatoes, skin left on). Pile some on each patty of meat.
    Add some mini carrots if your like.
    Salt, pepper. Folf up/seal each pod of food, place them all on a baking sheet.Bake 1 hour at 375.
    Open each in colander, then dump on plate and add cheese if you are so inclined.

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the suggestions, all. A lot this sounds good and I wouldn't have spontaneously thought it up.

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    always rice with something like chicken, tuna or eggs. throw in a frozen veggie mix for taste and aesthetics, sometimes also cucumber and salad

i've been thinking about eating pasta every now and then, but it's not nearly as filling as rice for the amount of calories it has
    While pasta is probably more carb dense than rice, semolina as you surely know is a decent source of protein, unlike rice. So a good number of those additional calories are beneficial anyway. Also, you don't find pasta filling?

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Burgers on crackers?
    I'm curious about this too lol.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    We call it "Meat and vegetables" at my house but it means this specific dish.

Large pieces of aluminum foil. 1 per each serving.

Ground beef, made into patties. Sprinkle on garlic powder. One on each piece of foil.
    Slice onions and put a pile on each patty of meat.
    Slice up potatoes (we using baking potatoes, skin left on). Pile some on each patty of meat.
    Add some mini carrots if your like.
    Salt, pepper. Folf up/seal each pod of food, place them all on a baking sheet.Bake 1 hour at 375.
    Open each in colander, then dump on plate and add cheese if you are so inclined.
    I used to make those on camping trips! We called them hobo dinners. Really tasty, especially when cooked under a fire in a pit.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Burgers on crackers?
    I went to Disneyland on Wednesday. At Pym’s test kitchen in the new Avengers campus they had this sandwich, like a giant chicken breast on tiny buns, was pretty funny looking, reminds me of this.

Here is a blog about it
    https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021/...engers-campus/
    Last edited by desslok; 06-20-2021 at 05:37 PM.

IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IH8RICE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Been pretty basic as of lately. Chicken, pork chops, steak with the butter/thyme/rosemary combo. Roasted potatoes, grilled corn, and asparagus are staples.

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    a giant chicken breast on tiny buns.
    That's Michael Jackson's favorite sandwich. A piece of meat between 2 tiny buns. I think he prefers sausage over chicken though.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    That's Michael Jackson's favorite sandwich. A piece of meat between 2 tiny buns. I think he prefers sausage over chicken though.
    I could never tell if it was dark meat or light meat. Have to ask Macauley

Looking forward to trying a lot of these. Felt like making chili today.

Pressure cooked some pintos, browned some ground beef, Reggano garlic pasta sauce, my special blend of (generic) seasonings with lots of chili powder, a diced onion, some oats and a generous amount of the ghost chili salsa I love.

Going to enjoy with some cheddar on top. Also for whatever reason I think onion tastes best in chili thrown in raw at the end and hardly cooked down.
    Attached Images

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Looking forward to trying a lot of these. Felt like making chili today.

Pressure cooked some pintos, browned some ground beef, Reggano garlic pasta sauce, my special blend of (generic) seasonings with lots of chili powder, a diced onion, some oats and a generous amount of the ghost chili salsa I love.

Going to enjoy with some cheddar on top. Also for whatever reason I think onion tastes best in chili thrown in raw at the end and hardly cooked down.
    raw onions and cheddar on top, Wendy’s style miring just needs corn bread. Chili is truly one of the easy /tastiest prep meals to make with an insta pot

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    While pasta is probably more carb dense than rice, semolina as you surely know is a decent source of protein, unlike rice. So a good number of those additional calories are beneficial anyway. Also, you don't find pasta filling?
    interesting, i never knew that pasta had like 13g of protein per 100g compared to rice (8-9g). pasta can be filling, sure, but i think 500 calories of rice is noticeably more food on the plate than 500 calories of pasta. there are days where i need those easy extra calories, but i tend to get them from something else than cooked dinner

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    raw onions and cheddar on top, Wendy’s style miring just needs corn bread. Chili is truly one of the easy /tastiest prep meals to make with an insta pot
    Yeah it was delicious, actually even better than I was expecting for just using common sense with the ingredients and not following a recipe.

interesting, i never knew that pasta had like 13g of protein per 100g compared to rice (8-9g). pasta can be filling, sure, but i think 500 calories of rice is noticeably more food on the plate than 500 calories of pasta. there are days where i need those easy extra calories, but i tend to get them from something else than cooked dinner
    I don't think rice is even that high? White rice has about 2g of protein per serving IIRC. But yeah, that's a good point; for fullness in a calorie deficit pasta loses out.

Yeah it was delicious, actually even better than I was expecting for just using common sense with the ingredients and not following a recipe.

I don't think rice is even that high? White rice has about 2g of protein per serving IIRC. But yeah, that's a good point; for fullness in a calorie deficit pasta loses out.
    basmati rice has nearly 9 grams per 100g, which is why i usually buy it. regular white rice is significantly lower, so the protein difference is a lot bigger in that

basmati rice has nearly 9 grams per 100g, which is why i usually buy it. regular white rice is significantly lower, so the protein difference is a lot bigger in that
    Cool, looks like I learned something too.

Today salmon and rice sounded good again. Filling, nutritious, and not super heavy.

1 dry-measured cup of white rice
    1 14.75 oz can pink salmon
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 red onion

Cooked the salmon and diced onion together until the onions were half-done, then added the rice and stirred together (adding salt, pepper and crushed red pepper).

This dish is is tasty but does it have a proper name?
    Attached Images

Today salmon and rice sounded good again. Filling, nutritious, and not super heavy.

1 tbsp olive oil
    1 red onion

Cooked the salmon and diced onion together until the onions were half-done, then added the rice and stirred together (adding salt, pepper and crushed red pepper).

But but… canned salmon?

But but… canned salmon?
    Fresh is better yes, but I am not willing dole out the egregious price living almost 500 miles from the nearest coast.

For canned food the quality is surprisingly good, though. Northern Catch is the brand. Claims to be wild caught and the contents are literally a cylinder slice of the whole fish (gutted, but skin and bones on) that slides out lol.

Fresh is better yes, but I am not willing dole out the egregious price living almost 500 miles from the nearest coast.

For canned food the quality is surprisingly good, though. Northern Catch is the brand. Claims to be wild caught and the contents are literally a cylinder slice of the whole fish (gutted, but skin and bones on) that slides out lol.
    Yep the freezer section of Costco can be pretty wild on the weekend, especially before a holiday.

Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

1 tbsp olive oil
    1 red onion

That sounds really damn good! I might actually try my own version of that.

I'm with Adam, though. Canned salmon is a crime. Then again, I live in Cali & I'm willing to pay the price. Food is the one thing I really am willing to go all in and spend my (lack of) money on.
    Last edited by Strawng; 06-22-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    That sounds really damn good! I might actually try my own version of that.

I'm with Adam, though. Canned salmon is a crime. Then again, I live in Cali & I'm willing to pay the price. Food is the one thing I really am willing to go all in and spend my (lack of) money on.
    I agree it's inferior to fresh, but what's so wrong with canned?

I agree it's inferior to fresh, but what's so wrong with canned?
    During the canning process, heat and pressure is involved with the salmon. That breaks down some of the Omega oils. I think I read that somewhere a few years ago, so I could be wrong.
    Last edited by paulinkansas; 06-23-2021 at 11:08 AM.

Zoilus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pasta (whatever kind your into, I like rotini cuz it holds the most sauce)
    Sause of choice (get lost in your sauce / tomato based sauce / pesto based sauce / white sauces / whatever your into)
    Ground meat (beef+sausage for flavor / ground chicken / ground turkey / whatever your into)
    Some spices if need be

Can do something similar by swapping out the pasta for Rice or swapping out the ground meat for whole chicken parts.