View Poll Results: Sweet potatoes vs Greek yogurt

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sweet potatoes

5 38.46%
  • Greek yogurt

8 61.54%
    paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Food Face Off, Superfoods, post 18 of 27

Sweet potatoes vs Greek yogurt

Sweet potatoes deliver a healthy dose of vitamin A, which protects your vision and immune system

Greek yogurt has twice the protein of regular yogurt.

Round 2: Brown rice, Cherries, eggs, tomatoes, walnuts, apples, steel-cut oats, salmon, spinach, Scallops, olives, oysters, strawberries, lentils, sunflower seeds, black beans, bananas, potatoes,

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Greek yogurt; more versatile (can be savory or sweet), more protein.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh goddamn it... why make me choose between these?

I guess I choose Greek Yogurt... but im still upset
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post

my thoughts exactly. :/

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

In to say this.

Also, as an aside, what would you call what you do with your mouth when you “chew” Greek yogurt? I mean, you have to mix it with your saliva and move it around your mouth to get the full flavor before you swallow it, but you don’t use teeth so it’s not exactly chewing. I can’t say I could ever drink yogurt unless it was one of those “drinkable” Danimals yogurts or a gogurt from when I was a kid. Greek yogurt in particular is far too thick and tasty to just force down the hatch like a fuking snake. Do you “gum” yogurt maybe? It’s essentially a “half-chew” unless it has toppings like fruit or granola.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    In to say this.

Also, as an aside, what would you call what you do with your mouth when you “chew” Greek yogurt? I mean, you have to mix it with your saliva and move it around your mouth to get the full flavor before you swallow it, but you don’t use teeth so it’s not exactly chewing. I can’t say I could ever drink yogurt unless it was one of those “drinkable” Danimals yogurts or a gogurt from when I was a kid. Greek yogurt in particular is far too thick and tasty to just force down the hatch like a fuking snake. Do you “gum” yogurt maybe? It’s essentially a “half-chew” unless it has toppings like fruit or granola.
    Yeah it's a similar concept to 'chewing' ice cream when it has no mix-ins...

I'm not even sure what to call it.

"rolling it around"...

"tonging it"...

I think because the mouth action is so uninvolved, we just default to the generic 'eating' verb. That's about as specific as you can get when it's just plain/no toppings.

I've definitely had drinkable yogurt before, but as someone who likes savoring flavors, going hard on the thick drinks was never my ideal form of yogurt.

I've had some great smoothies in my day but they're usually on the lighter side, typically just fruit, plain yogurt, protein, maybe some spinach... but general lower in fat because drinking fatty beverages/desserts (outside the occasional milkshake I suppose) is inferior to being able to chew a food.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anecdotally, the Okinawa diet of mostly sweet potatoes may have contributed to their exceptional longevity. The link between Sweet Potatoes and NAD+, and NAD+ in general are becoming more researched topics particularly for their anti-aging effects. So... optimistically, sweet potatoes are superior to pretty much every other food.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6152044/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7023848/

Also, as an aside, what would you call what you do with your mouth when you “chew” Greek yogurt?
    Slurp-a-durp
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah it's a similar concept to 'chewing' ice cream when it has no mix-ins...

I'm not even sure what to call it.

"rolling it around"...

"tonging it"...

I think because the mouth action is so uninvolved, we just default to the generic 'eating' verb. That's about as specific as you can get when it's just plain/no toppings.

I've definitely had drinkable yogurt before, but as someone who likes savoring flavors, going hard on the thick drinks was never my ideal form of yogurt.

I've had some great smoothies in my day but they're usually on the lighter side, typically just fruit, plain yogurt, protein, maybe some spinach... but general lower in fat because drinking fatty beverages/desserts (outside the occasional milkshake I suppose) is inferior to being able to chew a food.
    “Rolling it around” makes sense the most as a concept because it’s my gums and tongue that move it, but there’s definitely still some jaw action. It’s the same with ice cream. You don’t just swallow it and you do more than just suck it. Giggidy.

I’m also completely with you on smoothies/drinks. Yogurt whether frozen or Greek is far superior. If I do drink a smoothie, I actually do tend to swish it in my mouth a bit even to extract all the flavor before swallowing.

“Rolling it around” makes sense the most as a concept because it’s my gums and tongue that move it, but there’s definitely still some jaw action. It’s the same with ice cream. You don’t just swallow it and you do more than just suck it. Giggidy.

I’m also completely with you on smoothies/drinks. Yogurt whether frozen or Greek is far superior. If I do drink a smoothie, I actually do tend to swish it in my mouth a bit even to extract all the flavor before swallowing.
    Pauls threads have a weird way of sexualizing otherwise very neutral topics ;o)

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In to say this.

You're pressing it against the top of your mouth to absorb flavor on your tongue and then swallowing it.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You're pressing it against the top of your mouth to absorb flavor on your tongue and then swallowing it.
    Nice! Brb gonna go press a Greek yogurt

Sounds marketable & also accurate

Press>eat>roll>tongue>slurp

Idk if I ever wanna acknowledge myself, or even anyone else for that matter, “slurping yogurt”.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like to lick my Greek yogurt off the spoon personally.

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Even then don’t you press it against the roof of your mouth to some degree? Otherwise it’s too hard to swallow and you don’t taste it…lick, press, savor, swallow lol

Damn, Greek yogurt really is a stimulating food

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Idk if I ever wanna acknowledge myself, or even anyone else for that matter, “slurping yogurt”.
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Just don't slurp any free yogurt samples (or lick the spoon). A number of years back a supermarket worker put his special sauce in the yogurt and on the spoon of free samples he was handing out. The plot was ultimately foiled by a suburban mom with a very keen palate.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The plot was ultimately foiled by a suburban mom with a very keen palate.
    That is an acquired taste. She must be the human equivalent of a drug sniffing dog.

Just don't slurp any free yogurt samples (or lick the spoon). A number of years back a supermarket worker put his special sauce in the yogurt and on the spoon of free samples he was handing out. The plot was ultimately foiled by a suburban mom with a very keen palate.
    Good Lawd!!! I am NEVER eating a sample of anything creamy again.
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    That is an acquired taste. She must be the human equivalent of a drug sniffing dog.
    Yea. I mean, her husband is either the luckiest guy on Earth or the least. It just really depends on where she got the rest of her previous "samples"...

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What I'm failing to understand is how nobody else was able to detect this.

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    I presume the samples must've been sitting out long enough to be sufficiently warm. & maybe it was pineapple flavored?

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    If I recall correctly other women who had tried it thought it was delicious, so not sure if that meant they detected something they liked or not. He confessed once the samples tested positive, maybe because he wanted to take credit.

Yea. I mean, her husband is either the luckiest guy on Earth or the least. It just really depends on where she got the rest of her previous "samples"...
    She was confident enough about her expertise in the field to demand authorities be called and that they run tests, so I assume the husband is lucky?

She was confident enough about her expertise in the field to demand authorities be called and that they run tests, so I assume the husband is lucky?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfpVY_ZHGDg

^^ Yeah..

"Try not to ... on the way to the parking lot!" was a hearty lol. Telltale sign in this example if the Sam's Club employee was one of them.

Originally Posted by LargePeter View Post
    The yoghurt

I can only imagine how fukin terrible sweet potato would be blended up in a smoothie or shake in place of the yoghurt
    Actually, cooked sweet potato is great in smoothies…. It’s just not a protein source, that’s all.