Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Repeated muscle tears

So, in 2016 i got a grade 1 (small) tear in my left quad and right glute, but with rest and rehab i was able to return in about 4 months. Anyways, in october i was forced to 6 weeks of my training because of covid and when i returned i was a fool and didn't gradually work my way back in to it, so in early december i tore both of these again and since then i haven't been able to train my legs because they have gone up twice since, so a total of 4 times since 2016, and not from training, but normal daily movements.

So is my training career over? I mean, everytime that they get reinjured the risk for it happening again greatly increases, and both these muscles are impossible to completely rest/deload since i can't lie home in bed for 3-4 weeks and then not being able to pick things up from the ground, sit down etc for another 6-8 weeks, because those are the movements that drags out the recovery time and prevents them for healing/staying whole, so i don't even get to the rehabilitation training before they go up again.

So i'm curious, have anyone else here had a small strain/tear that has gone up 2+ times and been able to return? This sucks so much, 9 years of gains going away because of two ****ty grade 1 tears...

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Rawsteel88 View Post
    So, in 2016 i got a grade 1 (small) tear in my left quad and right glute, but with rest and rehab i was able to return in about 4 months. Anyways, in october i was forced to 6 weeks of my training because of covid and when i returned i was a fool and didn't gradually work my way back in to it, so in early december i tore both of these again and since then i haven't been able to train my legs because they have gone up twice since, so a total of 4 times since 2016, and not from training, but normal daily movements.

So is my training career over? I mean, everytime that they get reinjured the risk for it happening again greatly increases, and both these muscles are impossible to completely rest/deload since i can't lie home in bed for 3-4 weeks and then not being able to pick things up from the ground, sit down etc for another 6-8 weeks, because those are the movements that drags out the recovery time and prevents them for healing/staying whole, so i don't even get to the rehabilitation training before they go up again.

So i'm curious, have anyone else here had a small strain/tear that has gone up 2+ times and been able to return? This sucks so much, 9 years of gains going away because of two ****ty grade 1 tears...
    Do you make some stretching after training session? Muslces cant only work in concentric way, they need to also stretch, especially in eccentric movement.

Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Szyszak View Post
    Do you make some stretching after training session? Muslces cant only work in concentric way, they need to also stretch, especially in eccentric movement.
    They get stretched in my exercises since i use a full range of motion.

Registered User Benchpresser350's Avatar
    Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Maybe for the exercise that tears it, try higher reps lower weight with time under tension. SLOW Reps with less than the tear weight such as 80% or less.

Then work on increasing the time under tension vs increasing the weight.

Maybe you are some kind of personal genetic weight limit for that muscle. We are all different. No two people are the same.

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Rawsteel88 View Post
    They get stretched in my exercises since i use a full range of motion.
    you can use full range of motion but the point is to make at least 3 second of eccentric phase