Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Frustrated, losing muscle every week

Hi all,

I feel as strong as I have ever been but because I am cutting I am losing muscle, I am losing weight, not much fat but to give you an example since 4th May I have lost 4kg of muscle, 4kg!?

I have gone from 104kg to 98kg since 4th May and bodyfat dropped 2%.

What am I doing wrong?

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Fattofitukk View Post
    Hi all,

I feel as strong as I have ever been but because I am cutting I am losing muscle, I am losing weight, not much fat but to give you an example since 4th May I have lost 4kg of muscle, 4kg!?

I have gone from 104kg to 98kg since 4th May and bodyfat dropped 2%.

What am I doing wrong?
    so how did you measure a loss/change of body fat? A scale?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you haven't lost strength then you probably didn't lose muscle either.

Two common things that happen are:
    - Using BIA devices to measure BF% - just don't, those things are completely useless, even the expensive ones.
    - Losing measurements - e.g. chest and arms shrinking can happen because we all carry some fat on our limbs and chest (depending on genetics), it's not just on the stomach and it doesn't have to wobble to be fat.

Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Using Boditrax, maybe these things really are useless. I had a BUPA assessment and they were saying 21.5% bf compared to 26.5% on boditrax.

Would you recommend fat calipers?

Yeah strength is still there, actually increased my dumbells to 28kg and felt 8 reps was easy with form ofc.

Bloody strange!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I wouldn't recommend trying to measure your BF% at all. It's not really going to change what you do in any case, we all have long term aspirations to lose fat and gain muscle.

Strength is a reasonable proxy for muscle mass. Measuring your weight and maybe your waist measurement can give you an idea of which way your body composition is going - as long as you are well aware that these things can all vary without fat gain or muscle loss being the cause. In most cases it is water weight - including skin hydration which can throw out both weight and measurements tests.

Remember that muscle and fat don't come or go quickly. Overnight changes are always fluids... Fat gain can always be explained by an excess of calories.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I wouldn't recommend trying to measure your BF% at all. It's not really going to change what you do in any case, we all have long term aspirations to lose fat and gain muscle.

Strength is a reasonable proxy for muscle mass. Measuring your weight and maybe your waist measurement can give you an idea of which way your body composition is going - as long as you are well aware that these things can all vary without fat gain or muscle loss being the cause. In most cases it is water weight - including skin hydration which can throw out both weight and measurements tests.

Remember that muscle and fat don't come or go quickly. Overnight changes are always fluids... Fat gain can always be explained by an excess of calories.
    Thanks mate

GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a Renpho scale and the difference between it and my caliper measurement is around 4% higher on the Renpho scale.

SuffolkPunch is spot on there. I have never thought of the scale to be accurate, I use it for bodyweight, and a mirror for judging body fat.

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're getting stronger, you're probably not losing muscle.

While you cut, you may feel smaller, because you are getting smaller in regards to overall mass, but that doesn't mean you're losing muscle.

And like others say, those body fat measuring devices can be so inaccurate.

And keep in mind "lean body mass" on those devices doesn't only mean muscle.

Organs
    Skin
    Bones
    Body Water
    Muscle Mass

Are all included in the lean body mass measurement.

Notice water is included. Water can vary a lot.

And if you're dieting to lose body fat, your carbs are probably lower. And each gram of glycogen (storage form of carbs) carries about 3 grams of water.

So if your carbs are getting lower, you're probably carry less water, and that can contribute to drops in the lean body mass measurement.
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the Facebook Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.facebook.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr8jYRGthLppGdQhf8mw5Mg

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, check this article on why BIA scales are useless: https://weightology.net/the-pitfalls...impedance-bia/

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    These gadgets are useless. Most guys that think they’re losing muscle visually because they didn’t have as much as they thought before starting their cut
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GrumpyLumpy View Post
    I have a Renpho scale and the difference between it and my caliper measurement is around 4% higher on the Renpho scale.

SuffolkPunch is spot on there. I have never thought of the scale to be accurate, I use it for bodyweight, and a mirror for judging body fat.
    calipers are pretty useless too