icewill36 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) icewill36 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) icewill36 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) icewill36 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) icewill36 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) icewill36 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) icewill36 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) icewill36 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) icewill36 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) icewill36 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) icewill36 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Tradies.. anyone work in 4G/5G wireless tech?

Im considering taking a field engineer position. I would make more money than current job, but possibly more hours as you have to be on-call though it is not clear yet how often that would be.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of position ? basically getting new cell sites turned up into the network, and repairing things when they go offline. Its not a tower climbing position just working with base station equipment.

its a salaried position which kind of scares me. they can work the **** out of you and not have to pay overtime.....

Im really torn because I really want to get into wireless, but I like my current job and feel like ive pretty much mastered it so Im on easy mode. I get discounts on my phone and internet and I usually don't have to work more than 50 hrs a week. the con is its hard to move up to make more money. I kind of NEED more money now because of my b!tch ass baby mama but thats another story. Im worried this other job may lie about how many hours Ill have to work just to get me on then have me working 60-80 hours with no damn OT. I would be miserable in that case.

Cliffs

current job: easy, full benefits, get discounts, work 50 hrs or less, Overtime pay

Potential new job: more money, full benefits, learn new tech/skills, possibly work 60+ hours, salaried (no overtime pay), have to be on-call, not sure about bonuses

which sounds more appealing ? PLS HELP
    MISC TALL CREW