Registered User Randomperson111's Avatar
    Randomperson111 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Help with nutrition for thyroid condition

I have Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. It really sucks. I use to have a 26 waist and I’ve blown up to a 31 in waist. I try eat healthy on a general basis but never track nutrition. A typical meal for me is chicken and veggies but I always end up craving snacks later at night. Usually carbs. I work nightshift 3 days a week and because of the constant flip in my schedule, it’s difficult for me to have consistent workouts. On days that I don’t work I usually run anywhere from 3-4 miles and do some casual weights and abs. I don’t eat breakfast, but usually eat lunch, snack a little, and then dinner, and snack a little more.

I recently have tried to greatly reduce my gluten and dairy intake due to trying to improve my health. I’m lost nutrition wise because everything I’ve tried only seems to make me gain weight and then I don’t stick to it because I’m frustrated that I’m gaining weight. My last weight was 156 pounds and I would like to get down to a goal weight of 135. Because of my thyroid condition traditional weight loss seems to be a lot harder, and I’m sick of taking weight loss pills try to help. All of my thyroid labs are therapeutic.

Currently I’m trying to eat 1200 cal, higher protein and fat, and lower carbs. Of the carbs that I’m eating I’m trying to get them from vegetables. I’ve also gone gluten-free and dairy free to try and help. I try and drink about a gallon of water a day. I take glutamine, Vit C, Vit D, probiotic, and thyroid hormone daily.

I know this is a lot to unpack, but any guidance would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to make educated changes.

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    since hashimoto's usually reduces the body's selenium supply, make sure you have brazil nuts every day. they are packed with selenium. avoid sugar and processed food.

look into an anti inflammatory diet. pretty much no gluten or grains, dairy or processed food. these are generalizations but there have been studies on women with hashimoto's and this type of eating plan.

rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rml27v is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have it too. Check your vitamin A intake. And then figure out your ratio between vitamin A and D. For me at least its 3:1 intake.
    If you want to get deeper into it check Chris Masterjohn videos on youtube: fat-soluble vitamins and testosterone.
    Selenium is good for someone with Hashi. Do you have sleeping problems?