BillyGoat66 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is it possible to lose only fat without really moving?

I’m a 20 year old male, 6 foot 240 lbs. so I’m not exactly obese but I’m not super healthy either. About 2 weeks ago I started a hardcore workout and was about to pair it with a diet to try and lose fat while slowly gaining muscle. All of that changed when a week ago I hit a deer at night headed home on a motorcycle. My right leg was shattered and there is now a titanium rod where my weight supporting bone should be and I am limited to 50% body weight on that leg for at least 2 months. Is there any way that I can lose fat, but not muscle if I can barely get out of bed? Would upper body only workouts be worth it? I don’t want to sit here all summer doing nothing but exercises that will strengthen my messed up leg and have the rest of me become a blob because I can’t get up and go to the gym and I’m burning minimal calories. If you can give me any advice please do.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i'm afraid your only choice is to do upper body only workouts. there's no other way to lose fat without losing a ton of muscle in the process

NikkieJenner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NikkieJenner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NikkieJenner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NikkieJenner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NikkieJenner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This is impossible, without moving, how your calories will burn ?

Are u thinking of some type of heating pads on which you can sleep and sweat ?

lol

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NikkieJenner View Post
    This is impossible, without moving, how your calories will burn ?

Are u thinking of some type of heating pads on which you can sleep and sweat ?

lol
    you do know you can starve to death while in a coma?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Of course it's possible. Most people have a RMR (resting metabolic rate) of around 1400-1600 calories per day - that's how much you burn without doing anything other than being alive. Even if you are mostly sat down you will still burn more like 2000 calories a day.

If you eat less calories that you burn then you will lose fat. But as mentioned, this will probably come with some muscle loss if you can't do resistance training.

deepak4455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deepak4455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deepak4455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deepak4455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deepak4455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deepak4455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deepak4455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deepak4455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deepak4455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deepak4455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deepak4455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile 2 steps formula

Originally Posted by BillyGoat66 View Post
    I’m a 20 year old male, 6 foot 240 lbs. so I’m not exactly obese but I’m not super healthy either. About 2 weeks ago I started a hardcore workout and was about to pair it with a diet to try and lose fat while slowly gaining muscle. All of that changed when a week ago I hit a deer at night headed home on a motorcycle. My right leg was shattered and there is now a titanium rod where my weight supporting bone should be and I am limited to 50% body weight on that leg for at least 2 months. Is there any way that I can lose fat, but not muscle if I can barely get out of bed? Would upper body only workouts be worth it? I don’t want to sit here all summer doing nothing but exercises that will strengthen my messed up leg and have the rest of me become a blob because I can’t get up and go to the gym and I’m burning minimal calories. If you can give me any advice please do.
    The only way to lose weight is to keep carbs low and protein high and do exercise at least 3 days a week.
    HelpNow

Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monty52269 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Of course it's possible. Most people have a RMR (resting metabolic rate) of around 1400-1600 calories per day - that's how much you burn without doing anything other than being alive. Even if you are mostly sat down you will still burn more like 2000 calories a day.

If you eat less calories that you burn then you will lose fat. But as mentioned, this will probably come with some muscle loss if you can't do resistance training.
    Absolutely correct.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deepak4455 View Post
    The only way to lose weight is to keep carbs low and protein high and do exercise at least 3 days a week.
    HelpNow
    imagine not losing weight just because you eat a moderate/high amount of carbs while maintaining a caloric deficit...

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by deepak4455 View Post
    HelpNow
    No. Just no.

CPancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CPancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CPancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CPancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CPancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CPancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CPancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CPancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CPancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CPancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) CPancer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think you're going to have to heavily focus on a diet that will help you reduce body fat at a steady pace, there's many good books on nutrition and dieting if you want to read up on it or speak to a dietitian with a sports background?

I do think upper body work outs are worth it, any kind of exercise you can do is just beneficial for your health overall, but you need to be realistic with the expectations on your goals as it will take some time before you can start noticing any differences, but it will pay off both internally and externally.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1. Per the CDC's guidelines, at 6' tall and 240 pounds you actually are "obese".

2. As you are recovering from a major injury, weight training and cardio are basically out of the picture.

Frankly, the best that you could (and probably should) do at the moment is to eat at a small (200-250 calorie) deficit below your current (non-active) maintenance level until after your leg is more functional and you are cleared to start exercising seriously again.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sounds as the extra fat will hamper the healing process. Not going to establish someone else's goals. But it sounds as if it's time to get the diet in check. There are number of ways to train with resistance, including band work. Figure it out. Do what you can to save what muscle you have.