Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Post titles from a vegetarian forum

I browsed some vegetarian forums out of curiosity. Here are the headings of some posts...

Animal eater is being mean to me on Youtube.
    12 mind-blowing vegan t.v. moments.
    Petition for the legal ban of meat.
    In regards to animals eating other animals.
    Is salt vegan. Why of why not?
    Vegetarian dating a butcher.
    How to gain some weight.
    Difference between fruits and vegetables.
    Animal rights comic books
    Need help with mice.

EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I really want to know if salt is vegan.

If it's not, that probably rules out all the other minerals. Matter of fact all the sodium that is latently in other vegan approved foods.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    I really want to know if salt is vegan.

If it's not, that probably rules out all the other minerals. Matter of fact all the sodium that is latently in other vegan approved foods.
    well most things from factories have traces of bug bits in them including paper :/ so not vegan

But salt is important for a vegan diet that could lack iodine

FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatBallz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I saw one thread that said:

"My wife has been spending a lot of time with her boyfriend lately"
    Calls 'em like I sees 'em Crew
    Suomalainen Crew
    Feels like a manlet around Amazonian women Crew
    Gets turned on when looking in the mirror Crew

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    well most things from factories have traces of bug bits in them including paper :/ so not vegan

But salt is important for a vegan diet that could lack iodine
    Yeah and household dust contains human skin, so almost impossible for anything to be vegan unless you are wearing a hazmat suit in a cleanroom to eat
    A dock in harbor is safe, and thats what docks are built for.

EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by FatBallz View Post
    I saw one thread that said:

"My wife has been spending a lot of time with her boyfriend lately"
    Lol...

I bet cucumber is that guy's favorite vegetable. Consider the pronunciation.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    “Cauliflower, the other white meat?”

“Is tequila with the worm still vegetarian?”

Let's slot floppies keyboardworkout's Avatar
    keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "I can't believe I accidentally ate cookies with honey in them, those poor bees."
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^
    Preferred pronouns: He, Him, Hoss

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    “Is tequila with the worm still vegetarian?”
    I used to sell those 50ml airplane bottles of Monte Alban mezcal in a bar, it has the worm in it. More women bought it than men. It would make them crazier than what they normally got. By the end of the night they were trying to do cartwheels and were falling over.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I used to sell those 50ml airplane bottles of Monte Alban mezcal in a bar, it has the worm in it. More women bought it than men. It would make them crazier than what they normally got. By the end of the night they were trying to do cartwheels and were falling over.
    I live 30 minutes from Tijuana, i’ve seen PLENTY of women do some crazy stuff with tequila bottles. But that is a topic for a different forum.

Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I live 30 minutes from Tijuana, i’ve seen PLENTY of women do some crazy stuff with tequila bottles. But that is a topic for a different forum.
    For some reason, most women just LOVE tequila. Apparently literally...

I personally love patron but I hate the way it makes me feel. It always put me into an angry or sloppy drunk mood. It also used to always put my dad into a complete rage. Ik other men who are like this too. I'll just take a whiskey neat any day.

Also, anyone who says different types of alcohol don't effect you the same is simply wrong. A wine drunk isn't the same as a tequila drunk isn't the same as a whiskey drunk. It's not just the setting, either. Yes, the overall affects are the same, but there are certain bodily "feelings" to each type that are undeniable for me.

EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    Also, anyone who says different types of alcohol don't effect you the same is simply wrong. A wine drunk isn't the same as a tequila drunk isn't the same as a whiskey drunk. It's not just the setting, either. Yes, the overall affects are the same, but there are certain bodily "feelings" to each type that are undeniable for me.
    I used to believe this as well, then someone had to say I was stupid for believing it.

I once read a writer that claimed that white whine sedates the central nervous system better than any other alcoholic drink. And I felt that this was true for me as well - hence I liked it because it just shut off the constant, sometimes unpleasant stream of thoughts and gave me a break. The guy in question was a life long alcoholic so I would think he would have some "feel" for this stuff. He also wrote that you cannot trust cider drinkers.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Strawng has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    I used to believe this as well, then someone had to say I was stupid for believing it.

I once read a writer that claimed that white whine sedates the central nervous system better than any other alcoholic drink. And I felt that this was true for me as well - hence I liked it because it just shut off the constant, sometimes unpleasant stream of thoughts and gave me a break. The guy in question was a life long alcoholic so I would think he would have some "feel" for this stuff. He also wrote that you cannot trust cider drinkers.
    I’ve had the same experience with white wine. I also feel heavy sedation from red wine, but I’m very allergic to the tannins in it so it gives me a pounding headache.

Sure, alcohol is alcohol. Tannins, congeners, & other compounds have a clear impact though.

I also have to say, I gotta agree with him on cider drinkers lol

you cannot trust cider drinkers.
    I bought a couple of shirt's with Dicken's Cider advertising on the front. One for me and a couple for some friends of mine. When we go to some somewhat informal meetings, we all wear our Dicken's Cider shirts. I also have some Eaton Beavers shirts. That's a school mascot.

I personally love patron but I hate the way it makes me feel. It always put me into an angry or sloppy drunk mood. It also used to always put my dad into a complete rage. Ik other men who are like this too. I'll just take a whiskey neat any day.

+1 for neat whiskey.

If I'm going to have liquor, this is the best way to go.

Beer always gives me the best buzz and it seems to last longer too. Whiskey runs a risk of just making me feel weird but I have developed a liking to the peaty flavor, and wine most of the time just knocks me out and makes me need to go to sleep immediately.

Possibly unpopular opinion: whiskey mixed with anything is fairly disgusting, especially coke.

Possibly unpopular opinion: whiskey mixed with anything is fairly disgusting, especially coke.
    Hank Williams jr. has a song called "I OD'd in Denver". It's based on a true story of his. Those 2 things ^^^ were involved.

I’ve had the same experience with white wine. I also feel heavy sedation from red wine, but I’m very allergic to the tannins in it so it gives me a pounding headache.

Sure, alcohol is alcohol. Tannins, congeners, & other compounds have a clear impact though.

I also have to say, I gotta agree with him on cider drinkers lol

Yeah i have a friend who knows a ton about brewing beer to nearly chemist status. I asked him why Guiness trashes me faster than beer with twice the alcohol and he explained its the congeners.

I actually feel best on rum, especially dark rum like Myers

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

doubt your an alcoholic then

No matter what I used to drink it was the same result, hyper and happy for 15 minutes, then sloppy happy for 15, then fall down drunk for 15 then blacked out and passed out in about an hour after starting. By 20 minutes in I couldn’t even taste what I was drinking so it didn’t matter, I was chasing the black out.

And that’s why I quit drinking, well one of the many reasons

doubt your an alcoholic then

No matter what I used to drink it was the same result, hyper and happy for 15 minutes, then sloppy happy for 15, then fall down drunk for 15 then blacked out and passed out in about an hour after starting. By 20 minutes in I couldn’t even taste what I was drinking so it didn’t matter, I was chasing the black out.

And that’s why I quit drinking, well one of the many reasons
    I actually had a srs alcohol issue for awhile. There's levels of alcoholism. My uncle destroyed his liver & was homeless, whereas my dad is a functioning alcoholic. I also had a roommate who held it together for years. He was a happy drunk at times, an angry drunk others, and eventually had a psychotic break after a bender. Your experience =/= everyone with an alcohol/substance abuse disorder
    Last edited by Strawng; 06-17-2021 at 12:44 AM.

I actually had a srs alcohol issue for awhile. There's levels of alcoholism. My uncle destroyed his liver & was homeless, whereas my dad is a functioning alcoholic.
    I would have been considered functional, went through law school and worked, payed my bills, went to the gym etc, my mom was the same way.

But once either of us took just 1 drink, it was a disaster and we were powerless to drinking more. We both passed out every night, doing this she still ran the most successful law firm in the area. Didn’t matter the type, the affect was the same, insanity. My ex’s father is the ceo for united healthcare in three states, and is a hardcore alcoholic. Functional to an extent but passes out every night and it wouldn’t matter what he drank. He has to wake up and drink to stop shaking and then again at lunch. It’s going to kill him

I’m glad you seem to never had it get to the state of your uncle. Are you still struggling with it?

My aunt battled addiction and accidentally OD babysitting me and my younger cousin when I was nine. it was a bad Easter, the weird thing my mom drank through her funeral. I’m glad she got sober when I moved out

Rough stories Snails. When you say blacked out, do you mean literally unknowingly lose consciousness and then wake up without remembering much of what happened, or just that you eventually become severely drowsy and have to sleep it off? Curious because you could loosely define the latter as such, although I doubt that's what you mean.

“Can water possibly be vegan since it has all passed through millions of animals over time?“

"Should I move to India and live among Jains to avoid any possibility of eating animal products?"

Rough stories Snails. When you say blacked out, do you mean literally unknowingly lose consciousness and then wake up without remembering much of what happened, or just that you eventually become severely drowsy and have to sleep it off? Curious because you could loosely define the latter as such, although I doubt that's what you mean.
    walking talking blacked out. I would wake up and not remember conversations I had, I didn’t remember doing the laundry, I’d look in the fridge and see I made and packed myself lunch for the next day, ubered to the store blacked out to get more alcohol. I never drove idk how I just would walk or uber. I had even painted furniture blacked out and left painted foot prints around my apartment

There were some pretty dark times, I really only drank at home, because every time I drank I blacked out then passed out.

Wow - does sound dark... glad you made it past that.

EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EiFit91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am realizing there is some sort of selection going on here. Plenty of dark family issues among posters on this forum. I am no exception, plenty of alcoholism and mental illness in my family.

Maybe recreational bodybuilders really do have some issues.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

I would have been considered functional, went through law school and worked, payed my bills, went to the gym etc, my mom was the same way.

But once either of us took just 1 drink, it was a disaster and we were powerless to drinking more. We both passed out every night, doing this she still ran the most successful law firm in the area. Didn’t matter the type, the affect was the same, insanity. My ex’s father is the ceo for united healthcare in three states, and is a hardcore alcoholic. Functional to an extent but passes out every night and it wouldn’t matter what he drank. He has to wake up and drink to stop shaking and then again at lunch. It’s going to kill him

I’m glad you seem to never had it get to the state of your uncle. Are you still struggling with it?

My aunt battled addiction and accidentally OD babysitting me and my younger cousin when I was nine. it was a bad Easter, the weird thing my mom drank through her funeral. I’m glad she got sober when I moved out
    That's terrible! It's horrible how this chit seems to run in families. Every person in both my family and extended family has substance abuse and mental health issues to varying degrees. Everyone in my immediate family has an eating disorder too.

Luckily my gf helped me draw a lot of boundaries around alcohol and drugs and I caught my issue early enough/young enough. I now have to limit my drinking to once per week max and I avoid day-drinking or social events involving alcohol unless it's just a few people. I've relied on medical "green" tea everyday since quitting being a bartender (not doing that job again either). It's a better way for me to self-medicate.

That being said, when I do drink, I can never stop at just one regardless of what I'm drinking or doing.

walking talking blacked out. I would wake up and not remember conversations I had, I didn’t remember doing the laundry, I’d look in the fridge and see I made and packed myself lunch for the next day, ubered to the store blacked out to get more alcohol. I never drove idk how I just would walk or uber. I had even painted furniture blacked out and left painted foot prints around my apartment

There were some pretty dark times, I really only drank at home, because every time I drank I blacked out then passed out.
    Even still, I black out for at least part of the night maybe half the times I drink. I've never passed out in public though. That's absolutely terrifying.

Maybe recreational bodybuilders really do have some issues.
    My dad was a bodybuilder/PLer & that's how I got into it. My mom was also obsessed with physical pursuits as an anorexic former pro athlete in tennis. I think the dark nature of relentless self-improvement that lies in never feeling "enough" draws many if not most people into fitness or bodybuilding. The ones who stay dedicated to it or go so far as to frequent sites like these may have more of that darkness to deal with. It's all its own form of addiction too. When my mom's drinking was worse, her eating was better. When her drinking was better, her eating was worse. That, and I can't tell you how many people I know who trade their alcohol/drug addictions for an exercise obsession.

That's not to say the pursuit of fitness or bodybuilding is inherently bad, but it's hard for most people to strike a balance...even if most of the rest of society tends towards the opposite end of that proverbial seesaw. While diet and exercise obsession is unhealthy, I'm not about to claim that sitting on your ass all day & eating mostly processed bullchit like most Americans is healthy either.

Yeah over the past 20 years on these boards( lost my first account when changed ISP/email), have seen a lot of commonalities among people drawn these forums in regards to ED, mental illness, addictions, etc. Lucky for me I have never had an addictive personality. One of the most interesting threads I can remember was about how many of has not only had OCD behaviors, but also how many people’s OCD number was 3,crazy

Yeah over the past 20 years on these boards( lost my first account when changed ISP/email), have seen a lot of commonalities among people drawn these forums in regards to ED, mental illness, addictions, etc. Lucky for me I have never had an addictive personality. One of the most interesting threads I can remember was about how many of has not only had OCD behaviors, but also how many people’s OCD number was 3,crazy
    Cannot even write which number is mine but it does include 3 and if I wrote it I would have to engage in various rituals.

- Richard Feynman

That's terrible! It's horrible how this chit seems to run in families. Every person in both my family and extended family has substance abuse and mental health issues to varying degrees. Everyone in my immediate family has an eating disorder too.

When my mom's drinking was worse, her eating was better. When her drinking was better, her eating was worse. That, and I can't tell you how many people I know who trade their alcohol/drug addictions for an exercise obsession.
    This resonates a bit too well...

One of my greatest fears is becoming my parents and repeating their mistakes. It's why I almost don't drink at all, even if I have never been an alcoholic. I fear my genes.

"When I heard Regina and Osvald in there, it was as if I was seeing ghosts. But I almost believe we are ghosts, all of us, Pastor. It's not only what we inherit from our fathers and mothers that keeps on returning in us. It's all kinds of old dead doctrines and opinions and beliefs, that sort of thing"

- Richard Feynman