Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ChazWood View Post
    Awesome stuff! You're a big tall dude; taller than me even and much stronger. Everyone want to be tall till they forced to fly coach and not even get an exit row seat. I'm sure you can relate!

Anyways, keep killing it, brother.
    Thanks.

Below is a long thing copied from what I wrote in the vacation thread. The thing is, every time I fly I see guys way taller than I am. I don't know how they do it. Although one time I traveled with this guy to Fiji and when I met him in the LA airport I saw he was a couple inches taller than I am. I said "you must have real problems fitting on an airplane". He said "not really".

When we sat down in the plane, his legs fit in fine but his head stuck up way above the headrests. He was the opposite of me. We rented a little car when we got there and he had to drive ducking down the whole time. I think the car was worse for him than for me.

what I wrote before:

I have freaky long legs and weird inflexible hips and cannot sit straight in a coach seat. I have to angle to the side into the next seat. If I have an aisle, I can put my knees in the aisle.

I've travelled to Asia and the south Pacific a bunch of times. They've given me an exit row or bulkhead almost every time. I've gotten upgraded (which is so much nicer) only twice even though I was American Gold for some years and was supposed to get automatically upgraded (yes, I did ask). On those long trips I spend a lot of time standing in the back with the flight attendants.

The trip to Vanuatu it was 25 hours flying. Not 25 hours elapsed, 25 hours actually in the air on a plane. We left Friday morning and arrived Sunday night. For one leg I had a regular seat but there was an empty one next to me, so it was survivable. Two trips to Fiji I got the same seat on the same plane - the exit row behind the toilets with no seat in front of me, those are nice. I've had those on a number of flights.

Once on a trip to India on a O'Hare to Delhi flight (yes, that's a direct flight) I had an aisle seat on the side and there was a lady next to me whose little kid was in the middle of that center 5 seats. The guy at the window wouldn't switch with the kid to let him set next to his mom, so I offered to switch. But I literally could not fit in the seat. I tried getting in several different ways. Fortunately a shorter guy on the aisle offered to switch with me. That was very kind.