Thread: help

TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50)

help

Just looking for some thoughts really, not a medical assessment

I'm so god damn tired all the time lately, I am 48, I get up at 6am and hit the gym for 6.30am and train heavy weights 5 times a week (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sat). I get home, showered, fed and drive 30 mins to work for 9am. I do an office job, it has its manic times but also it can be quiet, I get an hour for lunch and then later another 30 mins drive back home at 5.30pm.

Lately I am so tired I can't keep my eyes open by 8pm, usually in bed by 9pm. This week I am actually so tired I am going for a 30 min power nap in the car during lunch at work. My diet is good, I hit 2800 cals a day and track it. I'm not stressed or depressed, life is good...except for this tiredness lol

Is this normal to be like this, do you guys get this tired?

Also.. I have stumbled on a nutrition theory about too many refined carbs can make you tired. I had a think about this and I do eat a lot of refined carbs, white rice, pitta, potato, white bagels, cereals. Could this be the issue?

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    When you wake up in the morning do you feel refreshed, or are you still tired? Do you get tired throughout the day, or just in the early evening?
    My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Have you tried a deload week? If that makes you feel better, then you were just overreaching.

If you take every set to concentric failure, you might want to stop doing that and aim to pace / ramp exertion levels a little more.

It's true that what you eat can affect your energy levels but there is also a lot of mumbo jumbo talked about it out there - because there is no firm evidence as yet, the realm of gut microbiome is a very poorly understood field.

If you want to try doing something, replace as many highly processed products as possible with stuff like unprocessed meat and vegetables.

TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    When you wake up in the morning do you feel refreshed, or are you still tired? Do you get tired throughout the day, or just in the early evening?
    I am always a zombie in the morning but always have been, takes me an hour to wake up properly. I am recently hitting the tired wall at 4pm in the afternoon and it's downhill from there.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Have you tried a deload week? If that makes you feel better, then you were just overreaching.

If you take every set to concentric failure, you might want to stop doing that and aim to pace / ramp exertion levels a little more.

It's true that what you eat can affect your energy levels but there is also a lot of mumbo jumbo talked about it out there - because there is no firm evidence as yet, the realm of gut microbiome is a very poorly understood field.

If you want to try doing something, replace as many highly processed products as possible with stuff like unprocessed meat and vegetables.
    I do take every set pretty much to failure and I have been hard on it for months with no break. I am so tired this week I have decided to have 4 or 5 days off and try to get some normality back.

I agree, I think i will get some oats, sweet potato and brown rice in my diet and see how that goes.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheWogmeister View Post
    I am always a zombie in the morning but always have been, takes me an hour to wake up properly. I am recently hitting the tired wall at 4pm in the afternoon and it's downhill from there.
    Also not a morning person, and never work out early in the morning (tried a couple times decades ago and were total failures). Try not getting up so early and instead work out after work or later in the evening after dinner.

Also, take a look at your program and evaluate whether the volume, intensity and days/week could be adjusted.

As you get older, sometimes you need to make adjustments. If you think there may be something else going on, get checked out by a doctor.