bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Unsure of what to do for degree/career path - How do you find out what you wanna do?

So I have to decide what I want to do for my degree soon, but I'm unsure what my path in life is. I worked jobs in purchasings/logistics, and I enjoyed purchasings, but they were just that .. Jobs. Not really a "career" or you know something I was passionate about or wanted my whole life to be based on.

I'm still trying to figure that part out. I guess I'm ok on the money part because I do have family property that I get a side income from + having a full time job also helps, so I'm good with the money part .... But I'm legit lost on what I want to study and really make to a career out of and grow though. I dont just want a "job" nomsayin.

I've been looking at the digital marketing and analytics part of degree, that seems pretty cool and seems to be a high demand job these days ... And I'm also interested in PR/Marketing, those two seem like something I could enjoy and make a career out of.... But again, I dont know lmao ... They're just interesting to me and not like a "passion".

I'm envious of those people that grew up knowing they wanted to be a doctor/lawyer/tradie when they were kids. They knew what they wanted, they had a clear goal and they aimed for it. How have miscers done this or have you guys faced this similar issue and have any advise that you can give me?
    Sig line can't be a novel

BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you not have a hobby? Most people who are "passionate" about work have their career loosely related to their hobby(ies)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_decline
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Societal_collapse#By_absorption

Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I went back to school at 25 after working dead end jobs since High School. Knew I wanted to do something engineering-related and was leaning more towards electrical. Researched programs trying to figure out what would have the best potential for earning and advancement and ended up going for construction engineering, which was basically a Project Management course. I figured that as long as there was potential for advancement, I'd enjoy the challenge in whatever technical work was involved.

Had almost zero experience in construction up to that point but threw myself into it. Graduated about seven years ago and haven't looked back.

bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BulkingIsHard View Post
    Do you not have a hobby? Most people who are "passionate" about work have their career loosely related to their hobby(ies)

I do.

gaming, scuba diving, gym, yoga, but they're just hobbies and stuff I like to do to spend my time, I dont really have an interest in becoming a game dev or a scuba master or a gym trainer.
    Sig line can't be a novel

BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bongowongo View Post
    I do.

gaming, scuba diving, gym, yoga, but they're just hobbies and stuff I like to do to spend my time, I dont really have an interest in becoming a game dev or a scuba master or a gym trainer.
    When I say hobby I mean something where you actually produce a marketable good or service. Professional gaming is obviously very niche. Game development is another matter, but you aren't interested because you only enjoy gaming, not creating games.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_decline
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Societal_collapse#By_absorption

DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoragonKingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Get into IT there are so many different positions and career paths within the IT Career World.
    Last edited by DoragonKingu; 06-15-2021 at 07:31 PM.

Inavan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Inavan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Inavan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Inavan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Inavan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Inavan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Inavan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Inavan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Inavan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Inavan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Inavan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Maybe don't throw money and time away? If you don't have a plan for your future, going to college won't change anything for the better. The system is set up to extract as much money as possible from you.

No one is going to give you the answer to what you should do with your life. They are going to feed you bullchit to extract more money from you.

Don't pay a bunch of money to rot in a cubicle. The promise that eventually thing will get better and you'll enjoy life is a lie. If you're not enjoying what you do right now, you're not going to enjoy the future.

Tomorrow's satisfaction is never going to materialize.
    HVM + LTC + Rwdogger = AP3 Crew

Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    One thing I wish I was told when I was in college is to think about where you want to live. The country as a whole is very "regional" in terms of job sectors especially if the field you're interested in is niche. For example if you want to get into the sciences (but you don't want to teach) southern california is your best bet.

Think about where you want to live and pursue a career in a field that is most plentiful/compatible where you want to ultimately settle down.
    Of course some careers are resistant to this (healthcare/Law)
    Last edited by Maestro; 06-16-2021 at 09:30 AM.

tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tunafishha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can do anything you want. And there's lots of things to do.

You say that you're in school right? That means you took Psychology 101 didn't you? Did you understand the material? If you did, you'd know that psychology alone is a big field that can help you in any job. And it's a field where you can conduct your own research and findings. There's always a job.

That's just to show you that the possibilities are endless, no matter what field you go into. You can even do many things with an English degree.
    Last edited by tunafishha; 06-26-2021 at 09:25 PM.
    *Catholic Crew*
    *Community College Master Race*
    *5'5 Masterrace*
    *Starbucks Crew*
    *Buy high, sell low*

KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DoragonKingu View Post
    Get into IT there are so many different positions and career paths within the IT Career World.
    Is this true? Half the time I hear redditors crying about how they graduated from elite schools and cant find a fking job anywhere. I dont have an elite school behind me, just self taught and some simple portfolios online.

Registered User SaltyCaptain592's Avatar
    SaltyCaptain592 is just really nice. (+1000) SaltyCaptain592 is just really nice. (+1000) SaltyCaptain592 is just really nice. (+1000) SaltyCaptain592 is just really nice. (+1000) SaltyCaptain592 is just really nice. (+1000) SaltyCaptain592 is just really nice. (+1000) SaltyCaptain592 is just really nice. (+1000) SaltyCaptain592 is just really nice. (+1000) SaltyCaptain592 is just really nice. (+1000) SaltyCaptain592 is just really nice. (+1000) SaltyCaptain592 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do something that pays the bill. Don’t listen to the “follow your passion” crew. Majority of the time passion/hobbies don’t pay. You just do them on the side for fun. Pick up something like CS, engineering, accounting, IT, financed or nursing. These courses can get you in the door but even that’s super hard in of itself. Getting a job isn’t like going to Walmart and picking what you like and checking out. You take what you can especially when there are 200+ applicants for a single position.

Registered User ralphlaurenbrah's Avatar
    ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Highly recommend CRNA if you can tolerate dealing with humans and life and death stress. Otherwise PA or pediatric dentistry (peds dentists make like $450k).

All depends how smart and hard working you are. Check out

https://money.usnews.com/careers/bes...-100-best-jobs

Shadow some people in the career you think you wanna do and ask them what they like and hate about it. There is no perfect job so just see what you can tolerate or enjoy and go for it. Definitely pick something with a great salary and job market growth. You do a job to pay the bills, period.

SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SaltyCaptain592 View Post
    Do something that pays the bill. Don’t listen to the “follow your passion” crew. Majority of the time passion/hobbies don’t pay. You just do them on the side for fun. Pick up something like CS, engineering, accounting, IT, financed or nursing. These courses can get you in the door but even that’s super hard in of itself. Getting a job isn’t like going to Walmart and picking what you like and checking out. You take what you can especially when there are 200+ applicants for a single position.
    this

almost all jobs suck. Find the job that pays you the most money for the least time and effort, and save/invest as much of your income as possible to achieve financial independence. Programming was a hobby of mine in high school so I turned that passion into an electrical engineering degree. And I still get to do analytical hobbies like trading stocks and programming microcontrollers on the side. I'm finishing up my MBA this year and plan to transition out of my consulting role and into some cushy senior financial analyst role at a renewable energy developer or electric utility next, easy $120-150k as I coast into retirement (which I envision being owning a portfolio of multifamily properties and managing them myself, not true retirement as that would be boring).