Lucarious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lucarious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Can you fix a bony inner chest?

To preface, I was very chubby until 14, then went weirdly skinny and now have more muscle definition on chest, arms, etc.

The only thing that I'm now self-conscious about is my inner chest, my pecs are starting to get bigger, but the chest dip is still bony.

My current chest workouts throughout the week contain;

- Bench Press
    - Dumbbell Chest Fly
    - Diamond Push-Ups
    - Lateral Rises
    - Rear Delt Flys
    - Front Raises

Are these exercises just not working out my core chest? Is there anything I can do?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes, keep getting bigger pecs.

Note that you don't need a lot of different chest exercises since the overlap between them is large and the effects of too many different exercises can prevent progressive overloading (due to diluting your available work capacity). This is why most novice routines only have 1 or 2 exercises per muscle group and repeat them 2-3 times a week.

Lucarious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lucarious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Yes, keep getting bigger pecs.

Note that you don't need a lot of different chest exercises since the overlap between them is large and the effects of too many different exercises can prevent progressive overloading (due to diluting your available work capacity). This is why most novice routines only have 1 or 2 exercises per muscle group and repeat them 2-3 times a week.
    Thanks for your informative response!

jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Lucarious View Post
    To preface, I was very chubby until 14, then went weirdly skinny and now have more muscle definition on chest, arms, etc.

The only thing that I'm now self-conscious about is my inner chest, my pecs are starting to get bigger, but the chest dip is still bony.

My current chest workouts throughout the week contain;

- Bench Press
    - Dumbbell Chest Fly
    - Diamond Push-Ups
    - Lateral Rises
    - Rear Delt Flys
    - Front Raises

Are these exercises just not working out my core chest? Is there anything I can do?

Bench works entire chest. Dumbell flies can be good but they don't emphasize inner chest, and you need a good mind muscle connection to really work the chest with them. The last three exercises work the shoulders. The front raise can work the clavicular area of the chest, though.

Charles Glass has some interesting exercise, but it's for advanced lifters, it's difficult to get something out of it and it looks kind of weird.
    Some emphasize more inner chest by doing close grip bench press or different cable fly variations.
    https://youtu.be/xzh4GyJyAcQ

It's better to stick to 2-3 exercises, though. Try dumbell incline bench or medium grip barbell bench after barbell flat bench. And then maybe you can experiment with a fly (cable or machine) and see if you can get something out of it. If you don't like them, drop them and focus on bench press and dumbell press.
    "Reminds me of the good ol' days back in 03-04 when ripptoes/5 by 5/hit/doggcrap reigned supreme and you did not need direct arm work for big biceps. Rows and chins were it. "Ever see a guy rowing 300+lbs with chicken arms?". Ah yes those were the days. God bless amusclehead and his twisted one dimensional views along with the rest of the former flock."