Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What's wrong with my bench press? So disappointed!

Guys,

Could you please comment my bench press form? I'm so disappointed, just can't progress my bench press, failing even at 65kg. Been eating 4,000 cals to no avail.

https://youtu.be/psbQAg4W5Jo

Thanks.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Need to change the video setting to unlisted.

What is your programming for bench like
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Need to change the video setting to unlisted.

What is your programming for bench like
    Could you please try now?

I've been doing starting strength. 2.5kg increase per workout.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Trchnique

Shoulders aren't retracted
    Chest isn't raised to the bar
    Leg drive looks? Minimal
    Bar path looks inconsistent
    Its a bit bouncy at the bottom

https://youtu.be/EHx1gYTA-Rw watch all 5 parts.

Programming

Your on starting strength. It's very likely NOT enough work for you. If you want to try to stay on it.. Try with a 'fix'

https://www.barbellmedicine.com/blog...press-plug-in/
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fitsy View Post

Agree with Ego, you've not started on your technique work and SS is notorious for poor pressing programming.

Some adjustments or a better version of the programming and watching some videos like the ones linked, load of gains to be made.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

You go up in 2.5kg on the lower body exercises. Try 1.25kg or even 1 kg.
    "Is he an honest man? If he is, you should respect him and let him continue with his work. Is he weak? If it were so, it would not be brave thing to do to push a man who is falling."

Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    Trchnique

Shoulders aren't retracted
    Chest isn't raised to the bar
    Leg drive looks? Minimal
    Bar path looks inconsistent
    Its a bit bouncy at the bottom

https://youtu.be/EHx1gYTA-Rw watch all 5 parts.

Programming

Your on starting strength. It's very likely NOT enough work for you. If you want to try to stay on it.. Try with a 'fix'

https://www.barbellmedicine.com/blog...press-plug-in/
    Thanks a lot for your comments. I've actually watched those videos already but I'll watch them again and try to improve my technique.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks a lot for your comments. I've actually watched those videos already but I'll watch them again and try to improve my technique.
    Also.
    Look for 'big benchas' on youtube /insta

Be hard pressed (sorry) to find a better huge resource on benching and bench form
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

How big are you? I made it to 285 lbs doing SS a long time ago without ever failing a set of 5. I was roughly 215 lbs at the time at 6 ft. You can fall back 10% (I think that's what Rippetoe says) and then work your way back up. You also need to add smaller amounts has someone already pointed out. There are expensive plates from like Microgainz that are fractional, or you can make your own. I've hung big washers from the end of a barbell when trying to make small jumps. Do what you gotta do.

I think your bar path looks aight, but your body is squirming a lot. I don't think you're tensed up and ready before you ever start lifting. And work on leg drive as someone said too.
    Being anti-2nd Amendment is like saying "We have too many rights, please take some away!"

Originally Posted by Firefightn24 View Post
    How big are you? I made it to 285 lbs doing SS a long time ago without ever failing a set of 5. I was roughly 215 lbs at the time at 6 ft. You can fall back 10% (I think that's what Rippetoe says) and then work your way back up. You also need to add smaller amounts has someone already pointed out. There are expensive plates from like Microgainz that are fractional, or you can make your own. I've hung big washers from the end of a barbell when trying to make small jumps. Do what you gotta do.

I think your bar path looks aight, but your body is squirming a lot. I don't think you're tensed up and ready before you ever start lifting. And work on leg drive as someone said too.
    Hi mate. Im 180cm tall, 85kg bw. Been eating 4,000cal lately, do you think that's too much? Added around 2.5kg body weight in the last month.

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Look at your wrists. Even from an angle view it seems the bar is behind your forearms.
    DR. 3time
    Wisconsin Badgers, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Bucks
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

Originally Posted by Orlando1234977 View Post
    Look at your wrists. Even from an angle view it seems the bar is behind your forearms.
    Ha, just realized that now! Great pickup, I'll try to straighten them up next time.
    Any other issues?

Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I assume if you're doing SS you're also doing overhead press... imo if you want to get better benches you need to practice benching more. I know SS alternates workouts, but hey, nothing wrong with doing bench twice a week and OHP once a week. Or do a lighter OHP with increased volume and then focus on the bench more. This is what I did as I used SS as an avenue into power lifting once upon a time. OHP obviously isn't part of the main 3 power lifting movements, so I didn't work it in as much.

Your calories should be more than enough. We're the same height (after I googled it) and I wouldn't like eating 4k calories a day.

What's your other numbers on the program?
    Last edited by Firefightn24; 06-12-2021 at 10:52 PM.
    Being anti-2nd Amendment is like saying "We have too many rights, please take some away!"

Originally Posted by Firefightn24 View Post
    I assume if you're doing SS you're also doing overhead press... imo if you want to get better benches you need to practice benching more. I know SS alternates workouts, but hey, nothing wrong with doing bench twice a week and OHP once a week. Or do a lighter OHP with increased volume and then focus on the bench more. This is what I did as I used SS as an avenue into power lifting once upon a time. OHP obviously isn't part of the main 3 power lifting movements, so I didn't work it in as much.

Your calories should be more than enough. We're the same height (after I googled it) and I wouldn't like eating 4k calories a day.

What's your other numbers on the program?
    All my lifts are very low. 5rm: Squat 100kg, Deadlift 115kg, ohp 40kg.

Thanks for the suggeation, I might try benching twice a week.

I may be getting weight and fat too fast. The only reason I'm eating so many calories is because i can barely make any progress in my lifts so i thought I'll eat plenty of food and eliminate that as a root cause.