Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Why I can't see any change in my body? Why my genetics so trash?

(First of all, I want to say sorry for any grammar mistake. I'm from Brazil, but I like to read a lot about bodybuilding and diet in english, and this Forum has a lot of guys who knows a lot, so I hope someone can help me with my trouble.)

I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm lifting for 8 months constantly, 4 to 6 times a week, I track all my foods with a scale and fatsecret app every single day, but I can't see any change in my body psique.

I get stronger and stronger, but my body never changes. I went from 30 to 76 kg (almost my BW) for reps in the squat, from 30 to 64 kg for 8 reps in the bench press, was doing raws with 54 kg for reps (yeah, i'm so weak with pulling exercises)... But my chest never grow, my leg grew only 2 cm in all this time. like, seriously?

My trainning routine consists in a basic PPL workout (A - chest, shoulders, triceps/B - back, traps and biceps/ C - legs), prioritizing the compounds movements first then finishing with isolation exercises with a good overall weekly volume.

My macros when I was bulking (I bulked for this whole time, just started a cutting a week ago) was: 1g/kg of fat, 2~3g of protein and the rest in carbs.

Even getting stronger and following diet, the only I see changing was my belly getting bigger and I getting fat.

I look to my chest and there's so fat underneath it, my arms went from 27 to 32 cm relaxed, but I can't see any muscle, just a limpy and flat arm, my back? (pff), my chest went from 92 to 98.. 6 cm, looks ok.. but I started a cut 10 days ago and now it's 96.5cm.. I used to squat 2x times a week and the only thing I notice growing was my butt.

I see myself in the mirror and I almost cry everyday, I try to change that **** bodyshape I have, I try to do my best everyday spending my time in the gym, my money with food and supplements, cooking my meals.. But it's like it's never enough.
    I see guys getting better with half time and literally saying don't follow any workout plan or any diet, just eat anything and it's done.

I've tried everything, low reps in the compounds, high rep, "low" volume, high volume, don't go to failure, go to failure every set.. Nothing works!!!

I did a testosterone level test and for my surprise mine was 760 ng/DL.

I took a few pics of myself.. with a better angle I can easily look way better.. But I don't know if it's gonna be the reality.

Look how **** are my arms, chest, back.. Look at my belly, my lovehandles.

my measurements:

176cm
    82.5 kg
    17,5% bodyfat
    89cm belly
    87cm waist
    98cm chest
    122cm shoulders
    54cm legs

I went to a nutritionist and he said I'm with 17.5% then said to start a cut till reach 10~12% of bodyfat, then bulk again.
    Ok, I started, it makes sense as I'm only gainning fat in my bulking, but I'm following it the last 10 days and I can't even see any change in my belly, just -0.6cm in my arms.

Am I that bad as I see myself? Are my genetics so trash at this point that I can't even build any muscle?
    Attached Images

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There are lots of things that could be a problem before blaming genetics - in fact most people are average (by definition) and very very few people are either very gifted or cursed by genetics...

It's more likely:
    1. Expectations - you've only been training 8 months, your expectations of what will happen in that time are probably too high, especially if you don't have a fitness or sporting background
    2. Programming - you need something that make you keep pushing yourself in a progressive manner. Many people benefit from structured routines like Fierce 5 rather than relying on their own sense of when they've done enough
    3. Body composition - if you gain both fat and muscle then it can be hard to see the muscle - if you got stronger then you probably did grow muscle

You could diet but of course that will curtail your muscle growth and it's likely that 8 months of mass gain is not enough to produce a final outcome - you will need a lot more mass gain. You don't have to try to gain weight at more than about 1-2lbs a month by the way.

Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sun tzu is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Zyzzfodase View Post
    (First of all, I want to say sorry for any grammar mistake. I'm from Brazil, but I like to read a lot about bodybuilding and diet in english, and this Forum has a lot of guys who knows a lot, so I hope someone can help me with my trouble.)

I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm lifting for 8 months constantly, 4 to 6 times a week, I track all my foods with a scale and fatsecret app every single day, but I can't see any change in my body psique.

I get stronger and stronger, but my body never changes. I went from 30 to 76 kg (almost my BW) for reps in the squat, from 30 to 64 kg for 8 reps in the bench press, was doing raws with 54 kg for reps (yeah, i'm so weak with pulling exercises)... But my chest never grow, my leg grew only 2 cm in all this time. like, seriously?

My trainning routine consists in a basic PPL workout (A - chest, shoulders, triceps/B - back, traps and biceps/ C - legs), prioritizing the compounds movements first then finishing with isolation exercises with a good overall weekly volume.

My macros when I was bulking (I bulked for this whole time, just started a cutting a week ago) was: 1g/kg of fat, 2~3g of protein and the rest in carbs.

Even getting stronger and following diet, the only I see changing was my belly getting bigger and I getting fat.

I look to my chest and there's so fat underneath it, my arms went from 27 to 32 cm relaxed, but I can't see any muscle, just a limpy and flat arm, my back? (pff), my chest went from 92 to 98.. 6 cm, looks ok.. but I started a cut 10 days ago and now it's 96.5cm.. I used to squat 2x times a week and the only thing I notice growing was my butt.

I see myself in the mirror and I almost cry everyday, I try to change that **** bodyshape I have, I try to do my best everyday spending my time in the gym, my money with food and supplements, cooking my meals.. But it's like it's never enough.
    I see guys getting better with half time and literally saying don't follow any workout plan or any diet, just eat anything and it's done.

I've tried everything, low reps in the compounds, high rep, "low" volume, high volume, don't go to failure, go to failure every set.. Nothing works!!!

I did a testosterone level test and for my surprise mine was 760 ng/DL.

I took a few pics of myself.. with a better angle I can easily look way better.. But I don't know if it's gonna be the reality.

Look how **** are my arms, chest, back.. Look at my belly, my lovehandles.

my measurements:

176cm
    82.5 kg
    17,5% bodyfat
    89cm belly
    87cm waist
    98cm chest
    122cm shoulders
    54cm legs

I went to a nutritionist and he said I'm with 17.5% then said to start a cut till reach 10~12% of bodyfat, then bulk again.
    Ok, I started, it makes sense as I'm only gainning fat in my bulking, but I'm following it the last 10 days and I can't even see any change in my belly, just -0.6cm in my arms.

Am I that bad as I see myself? Are my genetics so trash at this point that I can't even build any muscle?
    What SP said and...

The chest in men takes the most time to grow. Legs are much faster. And you only squat 76kg for reps. Get that up to 140kg and tell me your legs don't look like tree trunks. Also, your body doesn't look that bad. Your biceps look bigger than mine.

Maybe you tried too much volume at the beginning and could have done with more intensity instead of that. And I don't know why you don't want a big butt.
    "Is he an honest man? If he is, you should respect him and let him continue with his work. Is he weak? If it were so, it would not be brave thing to do to push a man who is falling."

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Average genetics + only 8 months lifting on what is most likely a bad routine + being harder on yourself than reality. You don't look that bad...I can tell you lift.

If I were you, I would do a slow cut. Run a 300 calorie deficit, keep protein high (around 0.8g per lb bodyweight), and find either a full body or upper lower routine emphasising compound lifts with a few isolations.

Not saying you should do this particular one, but here's an example of a full body routine:

Frequency: 3 times a week. ABA BAB

Workout A

Barbell back squat 3x5-10
    Flat barbell bench press 3x5-10
    Barbell deadlift 1x5
    Overhead press 3x5-10
    Weighted pull-ups or lat pulldown 3x5-10
    Lying tricep extension 3x8-12
    Barbell curl 3x8-12

Workout B

Barbell row 3x5-10
    Overhead press 3x5-10
    Barbell curl 3x8-12

OR an upper/lower.

Frequency: 4 times a week U/L/Rest/U/L/Rest/Rest

Upper

Barbell row 3x5-10
    Overhead press 3x5-10
    Barbell curl 3x8-12

Lower

Deadlift 1x5

^^^Something like the above routines would work well for a novice. Eventually you'd want to start adding in more variation (extra quad and hamstring work, maybe more side/rear delt work) but you can make plenty of solid gains running a simple routine like those I just pulled out of my ass.

There's also the usual Fierce 5, ICF 5x5, ICF 2.0, All Pro's etc.
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not bad for 8 months

/thread

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You say "I get stronger and stronger, but my body never changes"

But then you say "my arms went from 27 to 32 cm relaxed, my chest went from 92 to 98"

So your body did change.

2. "ve tried everything, low reps in the compounds, high rep, "low" volume, high volume, don't go to failure, go to failure every set.. Nothing works!!!"

No, you didn't.
    You workout for 8 months only.
    Do you believe than when you modify a routine, the changes come so fast?

"I see guys getting better with half time and literally saying don't follow any workout plan or any diet, just eat anything and it's done."

- Genetics
    - Lower body fat - if they are shredded, their muscles will be more visible
    - People lie - it's more 'cool' to say "I eat whatever I want" than to say "I track my macros and so on"

4. You bulked in these months? What did you expect? Abs? Shredded arms?
    The shredded people you see on youtube and instagram have been training for many years, are on caloric deficits and they have their little tricks (lights, camera angles, oils, pump before filming)
    I like to learn from the mistakes of the people who take my advice.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think you're being too impatient and a little bit unrealistic.

First of all, the increase of your strength level on your major lifts does indicate that you did in fact make progress. Why would you say nothing works if you have visible evidence of improvement right before your eyes?

Second of all, 8 months dude. That's not very much time at all to be expecting huge amounts of progress. I'd say you're in the winning percentile range for that amount of time already.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    There are lots of things that could be a problem before blaming genetics - in fact most people are average (by definition) and very very few people are either very gifted or cursed by genetics...

It's more likely:
    1. Expectations - you've only been training 8 months, your expectations of what will happen in that time are probably too high, especially if you don't have a fitness or sporting background
    2. Programming - you need something that make you keep pushing yourself in a progressive manner. Many people benefit from structured routines like Fierce 5 rather than relying on their own sense of when they've done enough
    3. Body composition - if you gain both fat and muscle then it can be hard to see the muscle - if you got stronger then you probably did grow muscle

You could diet but of course that will curtail your muscle growth and it's likely that 8 months of mass gain is not enough to produce a final outcome - you will need a lot more mass gain. You don't have to try to gain weight at more than about 1-2lbs a month by the way.
    Thanks.

"3. Body composition - if you gain both fat and muscle then it can be hard to see the muscle - if you got stronger then you probably did grow muscle"

This makes sense! During this time I did two body fat test (with different persons, but using the same tool - an adipometer), wich has showed me I gained 6 kg of mass, 3 kg of fat and 2 kg of residual weight.

Originally Posted by Sun tzu View Post
    What SP said and...

The chest in men takes the most time to grow. Legs are much faster. And you only squat 76kg for reps. Get that up to 140kg and tell me your legs don't look like tree trunks. Also, your body doesn't look that bad. Your biceps look bigger than mine.

Maybe you tried too much volume at the beginning and could have done with more intensity instead of that. And I don't know why you don't want a big butt.
    Thanks, bro. Actually I like my big butt (lol), the only thing that annoys me it's seeing my butt growing a lot faster than my legs.

Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    You say "I get stronger and stronger, but my body never changes"

But then you say "my arms went from 27 to 32 cm relaxed, my chest went from 92 to 98"

So your body did change.

2. "ve tried everything, low reps in the compounds, high rep, "low" volume, high volume, don't go to failure, go to failure every set.. Nothing works!!!"

No, you didn't.
    You workout for 8 months only.
    Do you believe than when you modify a routine, the changes come so fast?

"I see guys getting better with half time and literally saying don't follow any workout plan or any diet, just eat anything and it's done."

- Genetics
    - Lower body fat - if they are shredded, their muscles will be more visible
    - People lie - it's more 'cool' to say "I eat whatever I want" than to say "I track my macros and so on"

4. You bulked in these months? What did you expect? Abs? Shredded arms?
    The shredded people you see on youtube and instagram have been training for many years, are on caloric deficits and they have their little tricks (lights, camera angles, oils, pump before filming)

Thanks, dude!

Thanks all of you! You guys really made me feel better.

Maybe I'm distorting too much the way I see my self and puting a lot of expectations on it. Sometimes I feel bad by seeing no results, seeing my family after months no seeing them and they don't even noticing any change on me (I presume it because they don't say.. Only my cousin, who also lifts, tells me how I change).

And as you guys said, I need to be more patient and lift more and more.