EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Recommended tricep isolation?

I think this is a weak point for me - I do a lot of presses overall and so very rarely do any kind of direct tricep work, but at this point I probably should. OHP is not good relative to my bench, for instance, at 185, indicating to me a relative tricep weakness.

The pull-down (even with ropes) is pretty variable from machine to machine, and skull crushers used to pinch something in my elbow so I've stayed away from them although perhaps that may not be the case anymore. I've heard of kick backs but have never seriously done them.

Basically all of my tricep work is from benching, dips and OHPing. Probably should incorporate a solid isolation for the occasional arm day.

Can anyone recommend anything?
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Seated Ez bar french press

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Lying triceps overhead extensions and keep your hands behind your head so your triceps are active at the completion of the rep (as opposed to the bar directly over your chest).

Also try tricep pushdowns one arm at a time and extend your arm behind your body.
    My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do something that targets your long head since the presses aren't going to do that well. If skullcrushers bother your elbows, try doing cable overhead extensions. You can even do them single armed (just holding the ball at the end of the cable) if that more neutral position feels better for your elbows.

I wouldn't use kickbacks as a main tricep ISO.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    OHP is not good relative to my bench, for instance, at 185,
    My colleges student population was around 20,000. There were less than 10 people that could OHP 185 in the 5 years I went to college.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    overhead cable triceps extensions

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    My colleges student population was around 20,000. There were less than 10 people that could OHP 185 in the 5 years I went to college.
    A lot of people take seven years to go to college.

giosach is on a distinguished road. (+10) giosach is on a distinguished road. (+10) giosach is on a distinguished road. (+10) giosach is on a distinguished road. (+10) giosach is on a distinguished road. (+10) giosach is on a distinguished road. (+10) giosach is on a distinguished road. (+10) giosach is on a distinguished road. (+10) giosach is on a distinguished road. (+10) giosach is on a distinguished road. (+10) giosach is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'd recommend close grip bench press. I personally do it on the Smith Machine so that the triceps do most of the work. I think it's the best exercise for triceps strength (with dips).

Also what was mentioned above about tricep pushdowns one arm at a time, preferably with a reverse grip. And of course rope pushdowns, fully contracting the tricep at the bottom.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tbonestake View Post
    Literally came in here to say exactly this.

I like to stick to more compound-ish exercises because they can be progressed a little better.

Another couple things I like are leaning rope pulldowns with A LOT of elbow flair, and DB skullcrushers.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Remember we cannot totally ever isolate an area,other muscles will always come into play.
    That being said IMO one arm tricep work would help greatly.
    You can focus more on the working muscle you must feel the tricep as much as possible.
    I would make sure you have a good stretch and are contracting hard maybe even hold each rep for a couple seconds in the contracted position.
    As mentioned above overhead extensions with a cable or dumbbell will be a better stretch position.
    Higher reps for these movements after your heavier compound exercises.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1)don't limit your self to 1 lift.
    Run something out then change it up as needed.

2)rolling db extentions or "rolling dumbells" are far and away the best triceps exercise I've found (for me) when it comes to adding size and driving numbers.

3)nothing works forever, and everything gets stale and needs rotating out. Be it per session, week, month, block, when you stall ect. See 1)

4) it's actually very individual. Go by feel, both good and bad and how much work you can do with them. But yes, I recommend, ugh, "isolating" /directly working Your triceps for maximal gainz.

Bonus) ultra high rep band press downs.. Disgusting pump, extra volume that's easy to recover from and apparently excellent for your tendons/soft tissues.

My rotations)
    Rolling dumbells
    Desdstop ez extentions (on floor)
    Tate/Williams press
    Jm press - kinda more compoundy tho
    Band press downs
    Last edited by MyEgoProblem; 06-25-2021 at 04:24 PM.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by tbonestake View Post
    Always did these with db’s and just called them overhead extensions. Will be giving this a go with EZ bar as I’m feeling burnt out from the usual LTE’s and pushdowns

@OP if it’s OHP carryover you’re looking for you want to focus on the long head. Exercises that bring the elbow above the head. The exercise mentioned above does that nicely, but you can do it with almost any tricep exercise as long as you incorporate shoulder extension. E.g on lying tricep extensions, bring the elbows back on the eccentric like a pullover rather than doing them to the face like with skullcrushers.
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*