NotoriousWrath is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Done something to my quadriceps (Need advice)

Hello,

I’m slightly new to bodybuilding and started around about a year ago. I then stopped due to lockdown and recently got back into it.

I did my arms and shoulders on Monday and then moved to Abs and legs on Tuesday. Please bare in mind I took over a year of break due to lockdown and these were my first sessions after that.

I did not do any warm ups for the leg day and did a couple of lunges. About 12-16 reps for a total of 5 sets. I did have some light dumbbells as well.

Everything was fine until I woke up the next day. I felt extreme pain in my quadriceps and the pain travelled all the way to my knees if I tried moving. It’s basically extreme cramps / knots which I feel in my quadriceps if I try a little movement. It’s the worst pain I have experienced till date.

This started on Wednesday morning and I haven’t gotten out of bed since. I have tried multiple times to do so but the moment I put my feet on the floor and try to add slight pressure, it’s like a quick stab to the knee or thigh and I feel the shock instantly.

I’m not sure what I should do in this situation. Should I try to power through and try to get up? This will be extremely painful and I’m not sure if this will result in the pain going away or if I will just have to sit back down in bed again.

On Wednesday morning I had to keep my legs straight and any movement resulted in extreme cramps however today it has gone a little better and I’m able to move my legs around a little. Still not to the point where I can stand up but an improvement. I still get random sudden shocks / cramps however.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by NotoriousWrath; 06-10-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NotoriousWrath View Post
    Hello,

I’m slightly new to bodybuilding and started around about a year ago. I then stopped due to lockdown and recently got back into it.

I did my arms and shoulders on Monday and then moved to Abs and legs on Tuesday. Please bare in mind I took over a year of break due to lockdown and these were my first sessions after that.

I did not do any warm ups for the leg day and did a couple of lunges. About 12-16 reps for a total of 5 sets. I did have some light dumbbells as well.

Everything was fine until I woke up the next day. I felt extreme pain in my quadriceps and the pain travelled all the way to my knees if I tried moving. It’s basically extreme cramps / knots which I feel in my quadriceps if I try a little movement. It’s the worst pain I have experienced till date.

This started on Wednesday morning and I haven’t gotten out of bed since. I have tried multiple times to do so but the moment I put my feet on the floor and try to add slight pressure, it’s like a quick stab to the knee or thigh and I feel the shock instantly.

I’m not sure what I should do in this situation. Should I try to power through and try to get up? This will be extremely painful and I’m not sure if this will result in the pain going away or if I will just have to sit back down in bed again.

On Wednesday morning I had to keep my legs straight and any movement resulted in extreme cramps however today it has gone a little better and I’m able to move my legs around a little. Still not to the point where I can stand up but an improvement. I still get random sudden shocks / cramps however.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    probably muscle soreness, before any workout always make warmup at least 5 min running on trademill, you can try to stretch it gently, few days and it should be gone.