outofcontext is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Losing fat while at caloric deficit and lifting

I've worked out in the past but stopped going 2 years ago until recently. About two months ago I started lifting again because I noticed I had accumulated a lot of fat over the years. I started with a decent upper/lower split workout plan going 4-5 days a week. I do light amounts of cardio 2-3 days a week from just walking at work. I am 6'0, 24 y/o and weighing around 193 lbs eating about 153g of protein daily. I only drink water, eat fruits, pasta, eggs, etc. mostly with little to no sugar intake daily.

I used an online calorie calculator specifying my maintenance calories would be around 2750 cal and I've cut back to around 2250cal a day. I haven't moved in terms of weight which was expected because I am developing muscle. But I wanted insight to if zig-zag dieting would be a better way to cut fat or should I maintain eating at a 500cal deficit to achieve fat loss? It's difficult for me to tell if I've been losing any fat, especially since its been 2 months but since I'm early in the process I wanted to move in the right direction.

Example of zig-zag diet:

SUN - 2092
    MON - 2350
    TUES - 2450
    WED - 2300
    THURS - 2200
    FRI - 1920
    SAT - 1750

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    No, zig zagging doesn't have a different effect to eating the same averaged out calorie intake daily.

How long have you been eating at 2250 without weight loss? You can expect some glycogen and water uptake as well as some inflammation to increase your weight slightly when you start training but that shouldn't continue for more than a week or so.

outofcontext is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been eating at that deficit since I started lifting a couple months ago. The lowest weight I went to was around 188 about a week and a half ago but since then it's been stable at 192 every morning.

FireZoneBlitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireZoneBlitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireZoneBlitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireZoneBlitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireZoneBlitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you measure anything else besides weight? It's pretty difficult to recomp (lose fat and gain muscle at the same time) and even if you succeed it will be a slow process.

I'm attempting to keep as much muscle during a cut right now - I measure the following every week:

Weight
    Shoulder
    Waist
    Chest
    Hip
    Bicep
    Forearm
    Thigh

For your reference - I started at 207lbs and currently weigh 185. My shoulder numbers are the same but my waist dropped 4 inches. There are weeks when I weight the same but I look different. You don't always need to use your total weight as a guide.

I would concentrate on losing fat while maintaining what muscle you have - so more like cutting. Then when you are down to a waist size you like you can start eating more to gain muscle.

Otherwise, you just have to cut your calorie intake or up your cardio. Either your intake calories are too high or you aren't burning enough calories.

jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If its been 2 months and no weight loss, then you are not measuring your food properly.
    Do you have a food scale? Weigh everything. Do not rely on pieces, cups or tablespoon measurements.
    Use grams, ounces and fluid oz for all food.

Also count all calories including oil and seasonings to be sure. You should lose a lot of water weight in the beginning cutting at 500 cal.
    Steam - jinda28
    Origin - jinda628
    XBLive - jinda628
    Btag - blood#1648 / blood#1816