OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How is my deadlift?

Thanks for everyone's help from my last post about form on the squat and RDL. I've moved onto ICF 5x5 so now doing conventional deadlifts. I'm pretty happy with my squat but would just like a bit of feedback on the deadlift. 125kg x 5.

ht. tps://youtu.be/9dT3zC4kRX0

Cheers gents 👍

EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks great to me! You might want to try experimenting with different foot widths as you may have a sweet spot which could be more advantageous than what you're doing.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you, glad to hear. The exercise feels pretty good with the width here but definitely something to try.

blueyz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your form looks good. My (rugby strength & confitioning) coach used to always tell me to pull my shoulder blades tighter together -> then initiate the lift. It's hard to see if you're already doing that? Hips and upper body should move fluently (rising at same time) throughout the lift. Sometimes they seem very slightly out of sync in the video.

But: I'm no expert and am purposefully trying to find anything you could improve. Overall it looks solid.

Cool, thanks! I'm not sure if I'm keeping the shoulders that tight, but that gives me something to check next time. I do the lift in two stages - I leg press the bar up to start with then push the hips through. Is this not right?

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OKapricot View Post
    Cool, thanks! I'm not sure if I'm keeping the shoulders that tight, but that gives me something to check next time. I do the lift in two stages - I leg press the bar up to start with then push the hips through. Is this not right?
    Your form looks pretty good man. Only thing I see is a bit of space between the bar and your legs, or it could be the angle. No need to scrape your legs, but could pull the bar in closer maybe with sightly lower hips. But I think for now just roll with what you've got, don't change until you have to.

If that cue works for you, good. But really the DL is a one-part movement since the glutes drive the movement from the start to lockout.

2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    above @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

kingofabs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Agreed buddy!