dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Advice on dealing with inner elbow pain/golf elbow?

Hi everyone.

I have been dealing with sharp inner elbow pain for quite some time now lifting weights. It started inner left elbow now my right inner elbow is starting to hurt as well as the right forearm. I have been lifting since I was 16 so I know that there are alot of soreness and sharp pains involved but I am old AF now. Pain is only when I am pushing away from my body or curling up. Both dumbbell/barbells. I am lifting heavy. Went to see a doctor and they want me to do worthless physical therapy(variety of stretches, exercises with bands etc). Waste of my time basically. I asked for cortisone/painkiller shot and they said no.

I have been using ice bag at home intermittently(no improvement). I also took a week off(no improvement). Took another week off(no improvement). Afraid to take two weeks or longer off for fear of losing my gains.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Takes forever to heal. I've been through it.

Had to work around it. EZ bar for curls.

Also for things like chin ups, make sure you put something under your outer fingers. That takes the pressure off the inner tendon, cause apparently those 2 fingers lead into the elbow. I use a piece of sponge rubber folded in half under my 2 fingers.

6 weeks rest probably would have been the smart thing to do, but I trained through it, so it took at least 12 months to get to about 95%. Still bothers me a little sometimes.

It's a real bastard of an injury. Tendons have little blood flow so take forever to heal.

dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dc1225 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by InPhase View Post
    Takes forever to heal. I've been through it.

Had to work around it. EZ bar for curls.

Also for things like chin ups, make sure you put something under your outer fingers. That takes the pressure off the inner tendon, cause apparently those 2 fingers lead into the elbow. I use a piece of sponge rubber folded in half under my 2 fingers.

6 weeks rest probably would have been the smart thing to do, but I trained through it, so it took at least 12 months to get to about 95%. Still bothers me a little sometimes.

It's a real bastard of an injury. Tendons have little blood flow so take forever to heal.
    Yeah, I've got them on both elbows now...I'll do my best to work around and through it. It did go away though when you kept work through it?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you get pain on the inside of your elbows when you push, you may have the bar too high in your hands, ie into your fingers and not in your palms in line with your forearms.

It takes forever to heal.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strap it and keep load light pumping blood into the area (wrist curls for example).
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

🚷 Anti-Degeneracy League 🚷

https://www.twitter.com/eyeonpalestine

Mossad acronym: ISIS AKA Israeli Secret Intelligence Service

InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InPhase has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dc1225 View Post
    Yeah, I've got them on both elbows now...I'll do my best to work around and through it. It did go away though when you kept work through it?
    Mostly. Took a few months to do certain exercises though.

I just let pain be my guide. If it was just mild, and felt ok when it was warmed up i'd do that exercise. If it really hurt i'd not do it.

Probably not smart though. Letting it rest for a few months would be the better way to do it, but lose gains as you'd assume. Probably took 6 months before it felt mostly right, when only certain exercises would make it start to hurt a little bit. Probably 9 months before I stopped noticing it at all. Won't ever go back to 100% probably. Occasionally still feel a little niggle there.