Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Apex2233 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Don't need to count fibre as long as you are getting several portions of fruit and vegetables.

Number of meals doesn't matter, only the total nutrients.
    Last Wednesday I weighed in at 170.6KG. Today is exactly 1 week and I weighed in at 168.2KG eating 1700-1710 calories. So what's my TDEE according to the above info? Also, I increased my calories to 2000 and fats to 65g, carbs 180g and protein 170g.

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    you can lower your protein and carbs a bit, or you can easily eat 2000 calories to get some extra fat in
    Last Wednesday I weighed in at 170.6KG. Today is exactly 1 week and I weighed in at 168.2KG eating 1700-1710 calories. So what's my TDEE according to the above info? Also, I increased my calories to 2000 and fats to 65g, carbs 180g and protein 170g.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Apex2233 View Post
    Hard to say much about 2 data points. You should weigh yourself every morning if you want some kind of projection or TDEE analysis.

Hard to say much about 2 data points. You should weigh yourself every morning if you want some kind of projection or TDEE analysis.
    Weighed myself on a empty stomach in the morning last Wednesday and Today! Today it was 168.2KG.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Weighed myself on a empty stomach in the morning last Wednesday and Today! Today it was 168.2KG.
    Yes, that is just 2 data points. If you weighed yourself every day, you would have 7 data points - which makes it easier to see the true change in your weight versus what is just day to day noise.

From now on try weighing every day and keep track of the results in an excel spreadsheet or similar. Then maybe in 2 weeks time, I can analyse them for you.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The problem is I can't increase fats without increasing my total calories. What should I do in that case? Apologies if I gave the impression that I'm not listening. English is not my first language. I added chia seeds to hit the daily fiber intake mark.
    Ohhhhh sorry. Didn’t realize the English thing. You don’t need the protein to be as high as you have it and you can lower your carbs also.

Say like just trying to get 123 g of protein, and 60 g of fat. The rest of the calories you can fill in with what ever you like carbs/fat/protein with in you calorie limit.

Yes, that is just 2 data points. If you weighed yourself every day, you would have 7 data points - which makes it easier to see the true change in your weight versus what is just day to day noise.

From now on try weighing every day and keep track of the results in an excel spreadsheet or similar. Then maybe in 2 weeks time, I can analyse them for you.
    Alright will weight myself everyday first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and will let you know in 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Ohhhhh sorry. Didn’t realize the English thing. You don’t need the protein to be as high as you have it and you can lower your carbs also.

Say like just trying to get 123 g of protein, and 60 g of fat. The rest of the calories you can fill in with what ever you like carbs/fat/protein with in you calorie limit.
    Isn't 123g protein too little for someone 370lbs, 6ft5 and 23 years old? Also, I've adjusted everything to 2000 calories with 65g of fat. I'll follow the 1700 for 2 weeks tho and let the other mate here know so that he can calculate my tdee. I need to weigh myself every morning on an empty stomach and note it down and let him know after 2 weeks.

What's your opinion about Greg Doucette's "Why you are wrong about counting macros" video. Also, all over the internet when I search for macros they I find stuff life "25-35%" fat for a 2000 calorie diet etc. So I'm a little confused.
    Last edited by Apex2233; 06-09-2021 at 02:20 PM.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Isn't 123g protein too little for someone 370lbs, 6ft5 and 23 years old? Also, I've adjusted everything to 2000 calories with 65g of fat. I'll follow the 1700 for 2 weeks tho and let the other mate here know so that he can calculate my tdee. I need to weigh myself every morning on an empty stomach and note it down and let him know after 2 weeks.
    didnt catch the 6’5 part. So let’s say then yes 170 makes more sense.

I’d bump your calories up to 2200 so you can fit in more fat. That’s still a huge deficit at your height, weight and age. It’s also more sustainable

Will get back to you guys after monitoring weight on an empty stomach every morning for two weeks! 🙌🏻

What's your opinion about Greg Doucette's "Why you are wrong about counting macros" video. Also, all over the internet when I search for macros they I find stuff life "25-35%" fat for a 2000 calorie diet etc. So I'm a little confused.
    I haven't seen it. Can you summarise it here?

It's a pretty long video mate. Plus English is not my first language so I might not be the best person to summarize a lengthy English video. When you have some free time, search for it on Youtube. I have mentioned the exact name of the video.

Thanks. 🙏🏼

Also, every video or article I read says that the fat intake should be 20-30% of your daily calories. However you guys recommend to not use percentages. It's confusing me a lot. Help me clear my doubts, friends!

Thank You! 🙏🏼

Also, I forgot to mention that I'm insulin resistant. Insulin levels above 300. Does this affect my macro values?

Also, I forgot to mention that I'm insulin resistant. Insulin levels above 300. Does this affect my macro values?
    It might.

In many cases, low carb diets are the way to go. Keep carbs down to under 50g a day, the easy way it to stick to meat, eggs and salad vegetables

ThriveGrow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Option 1
    MORNING (Protein Pancakes)
    50G White Flour
    EGG WHITE 10
    Tropicana 0 Calorie Sugar
    140ML MILK
    Watermelon 100G

LUNCH
    45G Long Grain Rice
    Chicken Breast 75G
    60G Broccoli
    10ML Olive Oil
    40G Chia Seeds

DINNER
    68G Chicken Breast
    100G Watermelon
    50G Pasta
    19ML Olive Oil
    55G Broccoli
    Chia Seeds 40G
    2 Scoops Gold Standard Whey Protein

Option 2
    MORNING (Protein French Toast)
    4 Slices White Bread
    Low Fat Milk 20ML
    Egg White 10
    Tropicana Low Calorie Sugar

LUNCH
    45G Long Grain Rice
    Chicken Breast 75G
    60G Broccoli
    10ML Olive Oil
    40G Chia Seeds

DINNER
    Low Fat Milk 150ML
    Chia Seeds 40G
    Oats 50G
    Egg White 5

---------------------------
    Supplements: Orange Triad Multi
    EVL Omega 3 Fish Oil

Total:1800-1810 calories!
    I think you should add variety, it doesn’t seem important to eat almost similar things in lunch and dinner. There are much better options like protein salad, boiled potatoes, and soups.

It might.

In many cases, low carb diets are the way to go. Keep carbs down to under 50g a day, the easy way it to stick to meat, eggs and salad vegetables
    I messed up this week counting calories so I'm starting all over. Will get back to you after 2-3 weeks. Thank you in advance for all the help!

Stay safe!
    God bless!

It might.

My current macros are:
    120g Carbs
    60g Fat
    170g Protein.

I read that dietary fat can cause insulin resistance in obese people like myself. Should I reduce my dietary fat intake?

I read that dietary fat can cause insulin resistance in obese people like myself. Should I reduce my dietary fat intake?
    I don't think that's true. So no.