usalabs14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hi ya'll, I'm Mr Fatty.

Hi everyone, and yes I'm calling myself Mr Fatty, because I've NEVER, ever, in my entire life been this fat, here's the story of how I got this fat.

Now, before I start, if there's any British reading this, I'm sure, there's a difference between UK weights and US weights, because if I said someone weighed 10 stone, then in the UK that would be considered fat but no obese, right? So, bare in mind I'll be using both UK and US weights in the story.

I was born and raised in the UK, from memory, my weight (in UK stone), was never above 9 stone (US conversion = 126Lbs), I used to workout at the local gym up until my trainer died, I was on his membership card, as I couldn't afford the membership at that time, so, during that time I was using the gym, I had six pack abs, defined bod and sculpted pecs, I used to keep fit by helping my (now late) brother lift out car engines without a hoist, just be using a towel and rope, I also used to walk everywhere, including a walk from my mom's house to London, around 81 miles, I even used to walk from where I lived at the time to my mom's house, around 8 miles, (16 miles round trip) about 3-4 days a week, but anyway, I was really fit and barely ate anything, when I did eat, it was pounds of spinach, an odd fish or two, and various other healthy foods, but then I started to hit 40, and no matter how much I walked, and lifted engines, I noticed a bulge appearing on my stomach, which over time got bigger and bigger and bigger, then when I left the UK and headed here to the US (I was working for an international computer company then), to the company HQ in Texas, I weighed in at 210Lbs (15 stone, which I believe in the UK, 15 stone is obese), and over the years I still kept up with fitness, but without the engine pulling, and I still got fatter, so I did some research and found out I could have a thyroid problem, so I requested a blood work referral, and when I had my blood work tested, my T4 was 4x the upper range limit, so I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism which explained the weight gain, so I was put on 50 mcg of Levothyoxine, which after another regular test, was found not enough and I was still putting on the pounds, so it was increased to 100 mcg, which now my weight (I'm 61 years old) is steady at 297Lbs.

And that is how I got to be Mr fatty, and no matter what I try now, I just can't get it down, my current weight is 297Lbs, give or take a pound here and there.

I still walk everywhere, but now I got a treadmill with an incliner, which can reach speeds of 10 mph, and a 10% incline, I use every day, just walking and power walking, along with an iFit membership which allows me to download fitness videos that control the treadmill via bluetooth, and I still can't loose the weight.

Someone suggested there's more than just the thyroid that contributes to weight control, but I haven't found anything more about it. Being I'm 61 and an ex-smoker (I gave up 8 years a go), I'm not a drinker, I only drink freshly squeezed fruit juice, I don't drink tea or coffee, I do like a glass of non alcohol ginger beer now and again, other than that I eat quite healthily, but it's this damn 40+ fat that I just can't get rid of.

Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Eat less, exercise more, ur body can’t defy physics and hold on to weight if u need energy

tripod29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tripod29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tripod29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tripod29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tripod29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tripod29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tripod29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tripod29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tripod29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tripod29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tripod29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi Mr. Fatty. Step away from the table and stop shoving stuff in your mouth. Once completed, start moving and lift heavy things. Do this for a prolonged amount of time.

You can thank me later Mr. Fat.

blueyz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Walking is good. Lifting is better.

Especially if you have limited time, prioritize lifting!

To keep up some form of cardio you can add 10-20 minutes of intervals at the end of (some of) your lifting workouts.

And remember: weightloss is (almost) only about what you eat, not how long you walk on a treadmill.

General tips:
    Dont drink any calories. Limit processed food. Eat vegetables and fruit. Fibre and protein help with satiety. Drink 2-3 L (= 65-100 oz) a day.

Take baby steps -> To start building new sustainable habits. Once you start seeing/feeling the changes, you'll never want to go back.

Good luck.

healthfuller is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by blueyz View Post
    Walking is good. Lifting is better.

Especially if you have limited time, prioritize lifting!

To keep up some form of cardio you can add 10-20 minutes of intervals at the end of (some of) your lifting workouts.

And remember: weightloss is (almost) only about what you eat, not how long you walk on a treadmill.

General tips:
    Dont drink any calories. Limit processed food. Eat vegetables and fruit. Fibre and protein help with satiety. Drink 2-3 L (= 65-100 oz) a day.

Take baby steps -> To start building new sustainable habits. Once you start seeing/feeling the changes, you'll never want to go back.

Good luck.
    Couldn't agree more on this buddy!

healthfuller is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't lose hope buddy!
    Eat healthy food and move your body. Try going to the gym three to four times a week to lift weights. If you are not comfortable with lifting weights, then do some cardio workouts such as walking, jogging, running, cycling, or swimming.