Raspberry76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Snacks for gaining weight for busy office ppl

Hi, recently started serious in weight lifting.

I workout every morning before I go work. I am a female who works in office from 9 to 6 pm. I hardly have time to exercise as I have other commitments after work. I am underweight and I do not have good appetite.

I tried increasing my portion for my breakfast, lunch and dinner but it only give me upset stomach.

I now look to snacks hopefully will help in my weight.

Today I just smeared a thick layer of peanut butter on 3 crackers and bought a packet of chocolate biscuits to bring to office. I also bring along a pack of chocolate milk.

Does that help ?

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Toast with peanut butter, honey and bacon. Those are all calorie dense. This thread is useless without pics.
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nuts. Sunflower seeds, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc. Calorie dense with decent protein content. Avoid excess sugar, it's useless.
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Toast with peanut butter, honey and bacon. Those are all calorie dense. This thread is useless without pics.
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    Nuts. Sunflower seeds, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc. Calorie dense with decent protein content. Avoid excess sugar, it's useless.
    These are great answers. Sadly, for most Americans, the main answer to this question is breakroom donuts.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I second EC's suggestion but to provide my own as well...

Generally I'm not a snack guy as I prefer eating larger, more concentrated meals, but one obvious exception is cereal.

I have no idea why, but the later in the day it is, the better cereal becomes. You guys can make fun of me but my favorite is literally bran flakes, followed by corn/rice Chex. Never really liked the sugary kids cereal for whatever reason. A big bowl of cereal or two at night or whenever you would otherwise eat might be an easy way to add ~300-500 calories of a decent nutritional stamp. Nuts are still superior in this regard but it has minimal preparation required, as opposed to tossing yourself a salad with chicken in it or whatever.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    He said ^^^ tossed salad. I heard this phrase a lot in usenet misc.fitness.weights a few decades ago.
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

MrHeavenSmile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    These are great answers. Sadly, for most Americans, the main answer to this question is breakroom donuts.
    Well I think it would be very interesting with more literature and articles published on the subject healthy and sustainable weight gain.

Originally Posted by MrHeavenSmile View Post
    Well I think it would be very interesting with more literature and articles published on the subject healthy and sustainable weight gain.
    I can also state that it seems as most articles and information you see online seems to for some reason mostly being aimed a people with an American background. And doing things like stuffing yourself with donuts seems as a very bad and unhealthy idea (as is to consume lots of fast food for example).

[QUOTE=Strawng;1639936973]These are great answers.

Thanks for the advice @Strawng.