concraig is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Small Long Head Bicep MUSCLE tear, any advice?

Hey guys, so about 2 months ago I apparently tore my bicep muscle. The doctor told me that after examining the ultrasound it would scar over very nicely with no surgery. However, I've been doing PT and I don't think it's really been helping much. I know they're the "pros" but I've had doctors that couldn't give me a diagnosis for yeast growth in my stomach that plagued me for over a year before being cured, so my confidence in the med pros is very slim. I was wondering since most people tear their bicep tendon and not the actual muscle, if anyone else has experienced this and what they did to recover. Things such as what to do, not to do, etc. The reason I come here is because I've searched the internet for a while for bicep muscle tears but most of them talk about tendon tears and mine is not a tendon tear so I figured there is probably someone here who might have some good tips.

Some notes to acknowledge about my injury:

-Small tear about a millimeter
    -No pop at incident, just cramp
    -No discoloration
    -Full range of motion
    -Sore when used extensively
    -Cramp when fully curling supination style
    -Date of injury: Early February.
    -No real pain, just cramp sensation/ tightness

and I don't have an image or picture of where the tear is but, its below the tendon by about 3 cm if you that helps visualize where its at...

P.S. I was able to do +50lb pullups for 4x12 for a while after the tear occurred, but after learning it was tore I think I have a mental block and don't even do bw ones. Also my doctor cleared me to continue working out and said I could do anything as long as I didn't irritate it, but I don't really know whether to lightly work it the muscle or not at all as he doesn't give a clear answer.
    Last edited by concraig; 06-01-2021 at 07:06 PM.

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by concraig View Post
    Hey guys, so about 2 months ago I apparently tore my bicep muscle. The doctor told me that after examining the ultrasound it would scar over very nicely with no surgery. However, I've been doing PT and I don't think it's really been helping much. I know they're the "pros" but I've had doctors that couldn't give me a diagnosis for yeast growth in my stomach that plagued me for over a year before being cured, so my confidence in the med pros is very slim. I was wondering since most people tear their bicep tendon and not the actual muscle, if anyone else has experienced this and what they did to recover. Things such as what to do, not to do, etc. The reason I come here is because I've searched the internet for a while for bicep muscle tears but most of them talk about tendon tears and mine is not a tendon tear so I figured there is probably someone here who might have some good tips.

Some notes to acknowledge about my injury:

-Small tear about a millimeter
    -No pop at incident, just cramp
    -No discoloration
    -Full range of motion
    -Sore when used extensively
    -Cramp when fully curling supination style
    -Date of injury: Early February.
    -No real pain, just cramp sensation/ tightness

and I don't have an image or picture of where the tear is but, its below the tendon by about 3 cm if you that helps visualize where its at...

P.S. I was able to do +50lb pullups for 4x12 for a while after the tear occurred, but after learning it was tore I think I have a mental block and don't even do bw ones. Also my doctor cleared me to continue working out and said I could do anything as long as I didn't irritate it, but I don't really know whether to lightly work it the muscle or not at all as he doesn't give a clear answer.
    You would have to make sure, your long head of the biceps works in full stretch position. It gonna make your muscle flexible, protect from any damage. There is one exercise when long head work in full stretch position, something like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soxrZlIl35U

You would have to posterior tilt your should blade, keep that position and 3 second go down (eccentric phase). The time of eccentric phase is very important at least 3 second going down. It's gonna give u that good stretch with resistance, dont go heavy.