Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Any tinnitus (ringing of the ears) sufferers here?

A few months ago I unfortunately got tinnitus. It's been a real struggle adapting to this new way of life. Does weight training make tinnitus worse? Any fellow tinnitus sufferers here to share their experience?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you listen to loud music while you lift it does. See an ear doctor for proper advice, tinnitus isn't something you "get" at a certain point in time, it's a gradual.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    For most people, it does not go away. It doesn't necessarily mean you are losing your hearing either. I'm certified to do hearing tests (Railroad, Border Patrol, Army Reserve, and others), and that is "technically" the other half of my official day job. Probably just do 3-4 a week at the most. You can be semi deaf and still work for the railroad. Any appreciable amount of hearing loss and the Border Patrol won't hire you.
    Current rankings

EliKoehn: Sparro
    Stefo: Opossum
    MTpocket: Opossum
    TolerantLacose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opssum
    SuicidGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fake: possum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i've had it for seven years...began after a very horrible bout of the flu and what must've been an ear infection together.

my doc said he couldn't help, sent me to an ENT

ENT put me on three different drugs: two kinds of pills and a spray (flonase). one of the pills was claritin D. can't rememeber the third but it was mostly geared for people with asthma from what i could rememeber. after a few days i developed really, REALLY bad heart palpitations. stopped the pills immediately, thought i was going to jump out of my skin. went to a cardiologist and over the course of a year had two stress tests along with an event monitor to make sure everything was ok.

palps went away, tinnitus still there (i get both pulsatile then it goes to regular, back and forth). initially i wanted to off myself. i got used to it. maybe one day i'll look more into it but i don't want pills i want a frigging MRI so they can see what's happening but that's not how insurance works.

it's worse on some days more than others, fades to almost non existent sometimes but never goes completely away. read that in my case it's eustachian tube dysfunction.

i can hear fine.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A lot of rock stars have tinnitus. Bradley Cooper was Oscar nominated for his recent documentary about one.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    A lot of rock stars have tinnitus.
    I saw AC/DC in Kansas City a few years ago. 2 days after the concert they cancelled the rest of the tour. The lead singer's doctors told him he could not perform anymore or else risk going permanently deaf.

Lesson: Opportunity doesn't always knock once, sometimes it doesn't even knock at all.
    Current rankings

Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you listen to loud music while you lift it does. See an ear doctor for proper advice, tinnitus isn't something you "get" at a certain point in time, it's a gradual.

Already saw an ENT, they just told me what they tell everyone with tinnitus. "There's no cure, try masking techniques and learn to live with it." Then you pay your $200 on the way out.

ENTs are absolutely worthless when it comes to tinnitus, you're better off searching YouTube for advice.
    Last edited by Wendal; 05-29-2021 at 02:44 PM.

A lot of rock stars have tinnitus. Bradley Cooper was Oscar nominated for his recent documentary about one.

Ozzy Osbourne, Chris Martin from Cold Play, Anthony Kiedis, Moby to name a few. I need to see that movie with Bradley Cooper.

Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    i've had it for seven years...began after a very horrible bout of the flu and what must've been an ear infection together.

my doc said he couldn't help, sent me to an ENT

ENT put me on three different drugs: two kinds of pills and a spray (flonase). one of the pills was claritin D. can't rememeber the third but it was mostly geared for people with asthma from what i could rememeber. after a few days i developed really, REALLY bad heart palpitations. stopped the pills immediately, thought i was going to jump out of my skin. went to a cardiologist and over the course of a year had two stress tests along with an event monitor to make sure everything was ok.

palps went away, tinnitus still there (i get both pulsatile then it goes to regular, back and forth). initially i wanted to off myself. i got used to it. maybe one day i'll look more into it but i don't want pills i want a frigging MRI so they can see what's happening but that's not how insurance works.

it's worse on some days more than others, fades to almost non existent sometimes but never goes completely away. read that in my case it's eustachian tube dysfunction.

i can hear fine.

Sorry to hear your experience with tinnitus and ENTs. That's awful. As I said in my previous post, ENTs are worthless when it comes to tinnitus, they can even do more harm than good such as your case. Glad you have adapted to your T though. Do you still have some rough days with it or are you totally used to it by now, like it's no big deal?

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I saw AC/DC in Kansas City a few years ago. 2 days after the concert they cancelled the rest of the tour. The lead singer's doctors told him he could not perform anymore or else risk going permanently deaf.
    He should ask the ENT doc to check out his throat too, think performing has taken its toll on his voice too.

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wendal View Post
    Sorry to hear your experience with tinnitus and ENTs. That's awful. As I said in my previous post, ENTs are worthless when it comes to tinnitus, they can even do more harm than good such as your case. Glad you have adapted to your T though. Do you still have some rough days with it or are you totally used to it by now, like it's no big deal?
    i've accepted it but there is hope since i have pulsatile which is vascular related...something becomes inflamed in there which creates the pulsation then it goes away which means it's usually fixable.

it's equal in both ears, usually after a workout it's louder and pulsates and when i go to bed at night no pulsation but there is a faint ringing. when it varies that much there is a positive sign for treatment i'm just terrified it may require surgery.

NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, I got it back in 2018. I was dealing w/anxiety at the time, and the tinnitus was a trigger for a couple of weeks. I got used to it though.
    Nowadays, I don’t even know it’s there unless I focus on it. I found alcohol makes it a bit noisier/louder.
    Warzone camper

He should ask the ENT doc to check out his throat too, think performing has taken its toll on his voice too.
    ha ha!

Brian Johnson is no Bon Scott but he's been their voice for 40 years...as raspy as it is it's what we know

i've accepted it but there is hope since i have pulsatile which is vascular related...something becomes inflamed in there which creates the pulsation then it goes away which means it's usually fixable.

it's equal in both ears, usually after a workout it's louder and pulsates and when i go to bed at night no pulsation but there is a faint ringing. when it varies that much there is a positive sign for treatment i'm just terrified it may require surgery.

In the 7 years you've had tinnitus, would you say it's gotten worse or remained the same?

ha ha!

Brian Johnson is no Bon Scott but he's been their voice for 40 years...as raspy as it is it's what we know
    The lead singer of Saxon sounds a lot like Brian Johnson. Listening to "Wheels of Steel" right now.
    Current rankings

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've had tinnitus for about 25 years. I played bass and guitar in loud bands as well as went to many, many concerts. Mine varies in volume, it has been loud enough at times to out do the masking and lead me to consider offing myself. It' been better the last 5-10 years. I find it often varies with blood sugar levels . I find Buddhist meditation and background music/noise (aka sleep with a fan) helps me cope.

Originally Posted by Wendal View Post
    In the 7 years you've had tinnitus, would you say it's gotten worse or remained the same?
    the same

the pulsation i noticed came on about a month or two after it set in...i noticed only one day where i woke up and had ZERO tinnitus but that only happened once early on. i remember being so excited and sure as came be came back and never left. some days it's WAY worse and louder than others. who knows wtf is going on in there