junetheautismo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

i need help and no one i know will help

hello, i go by june

to try and quickly summarize, i have extreme trouble losing weight for many reasons
    main reasons being a bad diet and a condition i have (ill get into it later)

as of right now im 14, 5'9 and 215 pounds (15.3 st)
    i have asked many times for my parents to change my diet as i am unable to cook, but they wont change is as they think im 'perfectly fine' and 'not overweight'
    so they have kept feeding me constant carbs and too much food

now i know that i can still lose weight and gain muscle with a bad diet and that its just harder, but my main problem is my condition
    i have a condition called 'spastic paraplegia'
    which in short without the science bs basically makes my legs and joints in my legs very stiff and makes them hurt a lot
    because of this its near impossible for me to do any sorts of cardio as im unfit and also in a lot of pain
    i was told that im a endomorph so i gain muscle more easily but i was also told to not gain muscle as it will stunt my growth

im at a crossroad now as i dont know what to do and where to start, ive always been inconsistent and everything i tried always made me give up within a few weeks

im really in need of help here. any advice?

thank you,
    june

Bodyment is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by junetheautismo View Post
    hello, i go by june

to try and quickly summarize, i have extreme trouble losing weight for many reasons

i have asked many times for my parents to change my diet as i am unable to cook, but they wont change is as they think im 'perfectly fine' and 'not overweight'

now i know that i can still lose weight and gain muscle with a bad diet and that its just harder, but my main problem is my condition
    which in short without the science bs basically makes my legs and joints in my legs very stiff and makes them hurt a lot
    because of this its near impossible for me to do any sorts of cardio as im unfit and also in a lot of pain
    i was told that im a endomorph so i gain muscle more easily but i was also told to not gain muscle as it will stunt my growth

im at a crossroad now as i dont know what to do and where to start, ive always been inconsistent and everything i tried always made me give up within a few weeks

thank you,
    june
    Curious if maybe swimming would help? Great cardio, low impact on the body!

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    they have kept feeding me constant carbs and too much food
    Your parents are force feeding you??

Your health issues (I'm sorry about those) are going to make input/calories eaten even more important in controlling your weight.
    Last edited by CommitmentRulz; 06-04-2021 at 03:40 PM.

lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lift weights more then.

Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hello, i go by june

thank you,
    june
    Hi June,
    I'm so sorry for the troubles you seem to be facing. It sounds to me that you have several little steps to take before you can get to where you want to be.
    At 14 your parents do still have to have a say BUT a thought may be that you try talking to your parents constructively and explain what you are trying to achieve and that because of your spastic paraplegia you want to be the healthiest version you can be. If you are 215lbs at your height it does put you just in the overweight classification on a BMI chart ( you may want to show your parents this to bolster your argument that you want to make a change??) Its important that you ask why your parents feel they need to give you so much and maybe show them a firm plan so they don't think this is some whim that you have decided to undertake.

The second thing would be - find suitable recipe's that could benefit the whole family and ask your mom or dad to help you cook them...that way you get what you want and you are also learning to cook.

3rd Id say lifting weights will only have a negative impact on your muscle & bone growth if you are doing it wrong! For example poor form or lifting way too heavy. 14 is a bit young but you don't need to be going at it hammer and tong! Learn the correct form first and if you keep the weight relatively low but up the reps... you can even start bodyweight or with resistance bands before actually lifting any real weight.....keep your exercises simple and consistent and maybe between 15-20 reps 3 sets?? that will give you some calorie burning capability and if you take sort of 30 sec rest between sets that'll keep your heart rate up....it will also give those excessive carbs something to do while you work on your parents.

Good luck! Its inspiring to hear someone of your age take an interest in their own health and wellbeing so don't give up...just find another way, it may take you several tries but in the end consistency, grit and determination is what will get you to where you want to be.
    Last edited by Bagpuss13; 06-07-2021 at 10:42 AM. Reason: additional info

kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Agreed with your third point buddy! Lifting weights will adversely affect the bones in this situation.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    That's nonsense, there is zero evidence that lifting weights impacts bone growth.

Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Please note I never said it would impact on bone growth - cuz I agree with Suffolk Punch- i actually said - IF IT IS DONE WRONG! - Lifting will help as long as you don't go at it like a bull in a china shop and try deadlifting ur bodyweight with ****e form.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bagpuss13 View Post
    Please note I never said it would impact on bone growth - cuz I agree with Suffolk Punch- i actually said - IF IT IS DONE WRONG! - Lifting will help as long as you don't go at it like a bull in a china shop and try deadlifting ur bodyweight with ****e form.
    Can't see deadlifting negatively affecting bone growth, even done with horrible form.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Can't see deadlifting negatively affecting bone growth, even done with horrible form.
    Oh Wow! I can see everything said on here can be taken out of context- Lifting weights has no impact on bone growth...at all....thats not what I said.....what I said was I would advise anyone with zero experience in lifting weights to learn to lift with proper form first before they start loading the weight up because lifting way too heavy with crap form will hurt them.....and that includes a deadlift....

Location: Okinawa, Japan Stats: 5'9", 175 lbs Bodypoints: 'bout 350M because I am a, Chad
    dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dizzin9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Start by eating less

/thread
    We’re all gonna make it.

saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    find suitable recipe's that could benefit the whole family and ask your mom or dad to help you cook them

saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saltbayfive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    When you say, Why am I always the one helping others? Are you doing this on your own or because someone told to do so?