MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Rogue gun rack installed, and new Rogue bars showed up

I just ordered Rogues stainless steel power bar today , so that will pretty much finish it off.

Someone here mentioned they used a board behind their gun rack to keep the bars away from the wall a bit more . I thought it was a good idea and did the same

Still some cleaning to do after installing .

The top orange bar is Rogues 28.5 mm Ohio bar with the cerakote finish .
    Second from top is a Rogue 28.5 mm Ohio bar with the E coat finish .
    Third spot is reserved for Rogues 29mm stainless steel power bar that I ordered today .
    Also ordered it with stainless steel collars instead of chrome. Thought maybe it would have a different feel on bench with less whip and .5 mm more diameter.
    Next bar down is Rogues deadlift bar . It’s 27 mm , and I do like the feel of it being a bit thinner . Funny how 1.5 mm is that noticeable.
    Below that is Rogues squat bar . 32 mm and 10 pounds heavier at 55 .
    At the bottom is a bar that I bought from a local steel dealer . I use it on my squat rack while incline benching to hold my power hooks for my dumbbells , instead of scratching my Ohio bars .
    I have 2” collars for the ends , but haven’t welded them on yet .
    The collars are just to provide stops so it can’t slip off the J hooks .
    The bar being an inch thick flexes too much with the heavier dumbells , so I may replace it with a thicker bar .

Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 05-29-2021 at 07:07 AM.
    Make Misc great again

GYM80JPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) GYM80JPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) GYM80JPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) GYM80JPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) GYM80JPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) GYM80JPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) GYM80JPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) GYM80JPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) GYM80JPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) GYM80JPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) GYM80JPS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice set up! Rogue Deadlift bar is 27mm, so that's why it's so noticeable. You've actually have 1.5mm difference from the regular Ohio bar.

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    I just ordered Rogues stainless steel power bar today , so that will pretty much finish it off.

Someone here mentioned they used a board behind their gun rack to keep the bars away from the wall a bit more . I thought it was a good idea and did the same

Still some cleaning to do after installing .

The top orange bar is Rogues 28.5 mm Ohio bar with the cerakote finish .
    Second from top is a Rogue 28.5 mm Ohio bar with the E coat finish .
    Third spot is reserved for Rogues 29mm stainless steel power bar that I ordered today .
    Also ordered it with stainless steel collars instead of chrome. Thought maybe it would have a different feel on bench with less whip and .5 mm more diameter.
    Next bar down is Rogues deadlift bar . It’s 28 mm , and I do like the feel of it being a bit thinner . Funny how a half mm is that noticeable.
    Below that is Rogues squat bar . 32 mm and 10 pounds heavier at 55 .
    At the bottom is a bar that I bought from a local steel dealer . I use it on my squat rack while incline benching to hold my power hooks for my dumbbells , instead of scratching my Ohio bars .
    I have 2” collars for the ends , but haven’t welded them on yet .
    The collars are just to provide stops so it can’t slip off the J hooks .
    The bar being an inch thick flexes too much with the heavier dumbells , so I may replace it with a thicker bar .

Wow, awesome collection of bars.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GYM80JPS View Post
    Nice set up! Rogue Deadlift bar is 27mm, so that's why it's so noticeable. You've actually have 1.5mm difference from the regular Ohio bar.
    Thank you , I edited my post . It makes more sense now why it seems as noticeable as it is .
    Much easier to grip imo compared to the 28.5 , and well worth the investment.
    I’m also happy with the purchase of the squat bar . Feels better with the larger diameter and centre knurling .

My power bar shipped today !
    I have to give Rogue credit for processing and shipping in a timely fashion .
    https://www.roguecanada.ca/rogue-45l...-bar-stainless

Ordered a T-shirt also . Looks like all my tax refund money is gone lol

Attached Images
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 05-29-2021 at 07:23 AM.
    Make Misc great again

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very nice, the bars look great on the rack.

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Nice setup. Is that a massage table too?
    Water jet massage table . It’s been unplugged as I’ve been doing renos, but I’m hoping to get it back on line today .
    Originally my chiropractor had 3 of these units in his clinic. Ended up keeping one for himself at home , and then sold the other two without telling me when he moved to a new building.
    I was pissed, so I found out who made them and ordered one from Ohio . His were lime green , so not getting one of his wasn’t the end of the world I guess .
    Plus his had been used 8 hours a day , 5 days a week for a decade .
    I use it after working out , plus I lay on it for a hour before my chiropractor appointment,a I found he can adjust me much better after my backs warmed up .

Was drinking beer late one night ,when I went to use it a half hour . Next thing you know I wake up and it’s 7am and I passed out on it .

Please disregard my terrible voice . Kills me every time lol
    Make Misc great again

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Very nice collection of bars added, stainless steel bars rock! (I have the American Barbell SS Power Bar and it was a close decision between that and the Rogue SS Ohio Power Bar at the time).

If I had the room, I would add some more bars, but I'm thinking one more might be the limit (only other space would be on the opposite set of J-cups).

That water jet massage table looks extremely relaxing especially after some heavy squats, deadlifts and rows.

Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Very nice collection of bars added, stainless steel bars rock! (I have the American Barbell SS Power Bar and it was a close decision between that and the Rogue SS Ohio Power Bar at the time).

If I had the room, I would add some more bars, but I'm thinking one more might be the limit (only other space would be on the opposite set of J-cups).

That water jet massage table looks extremely relaxing especially after some heavy squats, deadlifts and rows.
    I use it often , especially in winter time . Sometimes before bed time I’ll go downstairs and lay on it for a half hour , as its relaxing and puts you to sleep .
    Make Misc great again

It’s always a great day when UPS shows up .
    My last bar just arrived today , Rogues stainless steel power bar.
    Also ordered it with stainless collars , so it’s my most expensive bar in my rogue collection.
    It’s the third one from the top .
    Going to try benching with it today and see is there’s any noticeable difference between it and rogues 28.5mm bar .

Make Misc great again

Well I have to say Rogues power bar is my go to bar for bench press now . Really like the feel of this bar , and it’s easier to see your hand placement

Attached Images
    Make Misc great again

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well I have to say Rogues power bar is my go to bar for bench press now . Really like the feel of this bar , and it’s easier to see your hand placement

Congrats on the new bar and nice collection! I don't own a Rogue bar (yet) but I'm a big fan of stainless. Glad to hear Rogue didn't disappoint.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Congrats on the new bar and nice collection! I don't own a Rogue bar (yet) but I'm a big fan of stainless. Glad to hear Rogue didn't disappoint.
    I’m very pleased with it . In Canada it’s over $800 after shipping and taxes , but I’d do it again regardless.
    I must say Rogue certainly ships quickly . Great company to deal with so far
    Make Misc great again

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What makes it your go to bar? The diameter?

I would really like to try benching with a bar 32mm in diameter. Have you tried it yet with your squat bar?

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post

I would really like to try benching with a bar 32mm in diameter. Have you tried it yet with your squat bar?
    Heck no , I think 29mm is my happy place . Maybe if I had huge hands .
    I use power hooks with my dumbbells and injured my hand because the diameter was too big .
    Since removed the straps and all is well.

Started thinking about your idea more , and previously I always used a suicide grip for benching , and IMO that larger diameter bar would probably be much more comfortable with a suicide grip .
    But I have finally broke that habit and now grip my bar , so I’ll never know .
    I believe suicidal grip may be responsible for some of my tendonitis , and things have improved a percentage since I quit that bad habit
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 06-11-2021 at 01:22 PM.
    Make Misc great again

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)

I have a 31mm power bar by Wright Equipment. https://wright-equipment.com/collect...-power-barbell

The fatter bar makes it much more comfortable on any kind of pressing movement, it spreads out the load in your hand way better than a thinner bar does.

Originally Posted by sera310 View Post
    I have a 31mm power bar by Wright Equipment. https://wright-equipment.com/collect...-power-barbell

The fatter bar makes it much more comfortable on any kind of pressing movement, it spreads out the load in your hand way better than a thinner bar does.
    I’d be interested in seeing what a 30mm feels like . It’s quite apparent the difference even a half mm can make , so one mm may be substantial.
    I’m happy with my purchases though , and will be putting my efforts towards stereo upgrades next .
    Never ending I swear
    Make Misc great again

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sera310 View Post

Hey. Thanks for the link. I have been trying to use a 28.5mm York bar with bearings I bought to do clean and presses. I always end up going back to an ancient Cap bar I have that is 30mm for benches. That Wright one might be the ticket for an upgrade. Pressing with thinner bars really kills tendonitis in my right forearm. I bought a 30mm curl bar and it pretty much allows pain free curls. Hopefully that 31mm for benches does the same.

One more addition to this post. I ordered some tennis racket wrap to make the diameter bigger on bench press bar. I will see if it helps. The Powertec bench press machine is rubber coated with a diameter of 32mm. That one I can do without too many issues. I l have been alternating between regular bar benches and Powertec benches.
    Last edited by Greybird2; 06-13-2021 at 09:06 AM.

I’d be interested in seeing what a 30mm feels like . It’s quite apparent the difference even a half mm can make , so one mm may be substantial.
    I’m happy with my purchases though , and will be putting my efforts towards stereo upgrades next .
    Never ending I swear
    I have been using a Bose soundtouch 30 with a tablet and YouTube red for years. However, they stopped making it, I think my next would be Sonos. Not sure which system though.

I have been using a Bose soundtouch 30 with a tablet and YouTube red for years. However, they stopped making it, I think my next would be Sonos. Not sure which system though.
    I almost purchased Sonos , but went a little further down the rabbit hole .Probably have 6-7K tied up in gear to install .
    Going to run a Cambridge 2 channel amp and their music server .
    Have paradigms inwall speakers , one for easy side of the mirror , two slim paradigm speakers that go on either side of the 48” Oled , and a paradigm 12” sub .
    Doubt it will be installed for a while though, as I need to rebuild the wall the accommodate a new fridge and stereo
    Make Misc great again