Usui12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

GymTech G4 Smith Machine

Hello All,

I am planning to buy a smith machine in my own garage.
    It is called GymTech G4 Smith Machine 128 KG (Cannot post the link due to forum limitations)

I tried to search for reviews online, but found only few.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Usui12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Any thoughts?

GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It looks like it has a lot of features. I'd want the smith machine barbell rods to allow the bar to travel closer to the floor but I guess that is dependent on what you're using it for. Also, I can't tell, but a good smith machine has the rods at an angle. Like when you use it you're not just pressing up and down because it's a few degrees off a straight linear movement.

I do like the option of being able to use a standard Olympic bar with it and you have plenty of cable options.

Can you do lat pull downs with it?

Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is this it? Looks like a flea market Multitool.

https://www.redtagdragon.com/product...h-press-frame/

thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000) thedickus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Usui12 View Post
    Any thoughts?
    At that price point I doubt it's a linear bearing Smith machine, probably bushings. I also don't like how high the bar has to start in the Smith. I like doing bentover rows with my Smith, can't do them in that unless you stand on a bench. Smith machines get a lot of hate on here, I love Smith machines. But I have no use for a crappy Smith, the bar will bind on the guide rods under any load. I had an older model PowerTec Smith machine that was more expensive than this is 15 years ago and it was crap. Generally a product like this one, that tries to do many things (smith, power rack, cable system) ends up doing none of them well. Without being able to try it I'd pass.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000)
    I’d pass on that. The price is right but I’m guessing you would be disappointed. I have an Inspire FT2 with smith and it is awesome but it’s pricey. I’m not comparing them as it’s not apples to apples . All I’m saying is this is a major purchase so make sure you are getting something that will fit your needs and be good quality. Still some decent stuff on the used market these days but not easy to find everywhere.

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Personally I hate smith machines . Probably wasn’t using proper form for squats,but have hurt my back every time I tried one .
    Watched a video on how to do properly according to the YouTube video , and maybe it would helped . I’m mostly a proponent of free weights for exercises that involve pushing
    Asteroid 2024

heavily caffeinated grapegorilla's Avatar
    grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grapegorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The gym i used to go to only had smith machines. No squat racks. No cages for free weights. While the smith was usable I didn’t enjoy using it. If it were to bind while lifting I’d be po-ed. I bought a rack for home and have never returned to the commercial gym. Unless there’s a specific reason you’re going for the smith I can see you probably using this like a half rack with plate loaded cables.

Price looks really low and what caught my attention was their note about shipping:

Due to the impact of global viruses, our shipping cost is very expensive. If you choose to ship by sea, the shipping cost will be very cheap.(We hope that the goods can be shipped to the port of your country, if you can go to the port to collect the goods, the freight will be cheaper, thank you)

Barbells and push bench need to be purchased separately, please note
    ▪[]─────[]▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #80 ▪[]─────[]▪
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #13 ▪[M]====[6]▪

It seems likely that barbell training would be more efficiently performed if it had more in common with engineering than with astrology -- Rippetoe