Colby50 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Football: Cut or Bulk

Coach said I need to put on more muscle mass/get stronger while also getting faster. Do I do a lean bulk or continue to cut? I was thinking that I need to do a lean bulk but I don’t want to gain too much weight. Also, is it possible to build a good amount of muscle on a cut? If that is the case then that is what I’ll do.

Thanks to anyone who answers!

Not sure why it says I’m 51 lol, I’m 16 5’8”, 215 lbs

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Colby50 View Post
    Coach said I need to put on more muscle mass/get stronger while also getting faster. Do I do a lean bulk or continue to cut? I was thinking that I need to do a lean bulk but I don’t want to gain too much weight. Also, is it possible to build a good amount of muscle on a cut? If that is the case then that is what I’ll do.

Thanks to anyone who answers!

Not sure why it says I’m 51 lol, I’m 16 5’8”, 215 lbs
    At your height and weight, unless you have a LOT of muscle (based n your coach's directions to get stronger, I doubt it), you are carrying a lot of fat. You need to be lifting like a madman but NOT in a bulk - "lean" or not.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    At your height and weight, unless you have a LOT of muscle (based n your coach's directions to get stronger, I doubt it), you are carrying a lot of fat. You need to be lifting like a madman but NOT in a bulk - "lean" or not.
    Ok, that is what I figured. Started my cut at 233 in February and have since cut down to 215. Just wanted to know if I needed to stay on it or not. Would lifting 2 times a day for about an hour be enough? And how much cardio would you recommend?
    Thank you so much!

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your going to lose weight once summer practice starts.
    Eat a good high protein diet.
    Lift to get stronger and faster.
    Quick lifts like clean and jerks,snatches,push presses.
    Sled drags,sled pushes,jumping.
    Of course squats work on being explosive out of the hole.
    Your coach should be able to guide you with what to do if he is knowledgable in this area.
    If not have him recommend or do some research.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Your going to lose weight once summer practice starts.
    Eat a good high protein diet.
    Lift to get stronger and faster.
    Quick lifts like clean and jerks,snatches,push presses.
    Sled drags,sled pushes,jumping.
    Of course squats work on being explosive out of the hole.
    Your coach should be able to guide you with what to do if he is knowledgable in this area.
    If not have him recommend or do some research.

Ok, thank you so much!