Thread: Need Advice

oryo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need Advice

So I don't know which way to go right now.... based on my pics (hopefully they attach properly), should I continue working on adding muscle mass? Or should I cut? Do I have enough to work with to cut and look ok?

Also, a BF% estimate would be greatly appreciated.

I've also learned lighting makes a big difference lol. Take a guess which photo is not after a good pump and has terrible lighting? :P

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Guessing body fat is tough. Everyone has different shape and body fat distribution. But I would do a slow steady lean bulk, aiming for about 15 pounds pounds over 6 months, mini cut to lean out a bit, then back into a surplus.
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the Facebook Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.facebook.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr8jYRGthLppGdQhf8mw5Mg

xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If I had to guess... 18ish percent?

Also, height and weight? I think you probably don't need to cut right now considering you can still stand to gain a lot muscle wise. But just be smart about your weight gain.

Amateur boxer turned bodybuilder...

Hit me up on Sherdog.. TeTe

June 2020 = 185 @20.5% bf
    Junel 2021 = 183 @18.2% bf

Originally Posted by xTeTe View Post
    If I had to guess... 18ish percent?

Also, height and weight? I think you probably don't need to cut right now considering you can still stand to gain a lot muscle wise. But just be smart about your weight gain.
    Thanks! I'm about 5'6" and around 138lbs. I was also guessing about 18% for myself, so glad I'm not far off in terms of expectation.

I was thinking about cutting a bit more before bulking again. I hate when my pants are so tight lol

illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My rule of thumb - cut until you're happy with what you see. Bulk until you're not happy with what you see.

For instance, I cut down until I'm able to see abs/obliques and slowly increase cals over time until some point where I can no longer see abs. This is usually a slow bulk (just slightly over maintenance) over the course of 6-7 sometimes 8 months.

I personally am not a fan of extreme cutting and bulking, it's not fun swapping out clothing based on size.

Originally Posted by illmortalized View Post
    My rule of thumb - cut until you're happy with what you see. Bulk until you're not happy with what you see.

For instance, I cut down until I'm able to see abs/obliques and slowly increase cals over time until some point where I can no longer see abs. This is usually a slow bulk (just slightly over maintenance) over the course of 6-7 sometimes 8 months.

I personally am not a fan of extreme cutting and bulking, it's not fun swapping out clothing based on size.
    I do like that approach. I absolutely hate when my pants get so tight and I have to put some away until the next cut.

Based on my pics, if I cut some more, do you think I'll just look skinny? Or is there enough muscle to work with for now?

buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by oryo View Post
    I do like that approach. I absolutely hate when my pants get so tight and I have to put some away until the next cut.

Based on my pics, if I cut some more, do you think I'll just look skinny? Or is there enough muscle to work with for now?
    You've definitely got some muscle on your frame, I can see clear shape in your delts and bis. But as others have said, it's about how you feel. At 5'6" and 138, you've still got a lot of mass you could put on--it just depends on what you're comfortable doing. The important thing is committing: if you bulk, do so seriously for at least 3-4 months and if you cut, make sure you lose enough weight to actually feel and look leaner so that you can bulk again.
    Follow my training log @andrewbuchwach

Originally Posted by buchwachattack View Post
    You've definitely got some muscle on your frame, I can see clear shape in your delts and bis. But as others have said, it's about how you feel. At 5'6" and 138, you've still got a lot of mass you could put on--it just depends on what you're comfortable doing. The important thing is committing: if you bulk, do so seriously for at least 3-4 months and if you cut, make sure you lose enough weight to actually feel and look leaner so that you can bulk again.
    I'm leaning towards a cut, but I'm just worried I'll look skinny. I've never had a true 6 pack, so I don't even know what's lurking under the fat lol!

Registered User Benchpresser350's Avatar
    Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benchpresser350 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    From your pics I'd guesstimate your body fat at 21% to 23%.

At about 11% to 13% you will start to see some abs.

The exact percentage right now doesn't matter because that's just a number, and you are looking for a specific look vs a scale weight like in MMA.

So train and diet down to the look you want.

You seem to be close to your goal.