AFTERMATH77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFTERMATH77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFTERMATH77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFTERMATH77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFTERMATH77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFTERMATH77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFTERMATH77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFTERMATH77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFTERMATH77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFTERMATH77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AFTERMATH77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tendonitis at 44

Tendonitis at 44😒. Been lifting off and in since 2000. Often going pretty heavy. L shoulder is affected, fwiw, and it's quite painful without resistance still.

I've injured my shoulder and rested it for nearly 6 weeks. Doc says I have tendonitis and can never do overhead press or lat pulldowns/ pull ups again.... unless I want the inevitable tear and surgery.

What are the best options to try to get full deltoid and lats muscular development with these not included.

xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000) xTeTe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How do you feel doing rows?

Amateur boxer turned bodybuilder...

Hit me up on Sherdog.. TeTe

June 2020 = 185 @20.5% bf
    Junel 2021 = 183 @18.2% bf

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Athlean-X has a bunch of videos dealing with shoulder rehab and exercises. Free on YouTube. Helped me a lot. As long as it's not torn, you should be able to overcome this. Complete rest doesn't do much good.

illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illmortalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've had tendonitis as early as 32 years old. Only thing you can do is avoid any exercises that aggrevates it. Tennis or golfer's elbow, for example, leaves me incapable of doing any bicep curls, but interestingly allows me to do pendlay rows and lat pull downs.

However in your case, I've never heard of that. Tendonitis, from experience, requires time off to let it heal. That can be a week or even months. Wish I could say differently, but your doc may be right.. I guess I haven't experienced a tendonitis so bad that I've been threatened with actual tearing.

For faster healing, btw, you would need to pump fresh blood into the area of the injury. So I'd say if it doesn't aggravate it, try DB shoulder raises. Obviously light weight and enough reps to get a pump in your shoulders.

GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrumpyLumpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bent over rows and pull overs? I suffer from tendonitis too and I have to stop whatever exercises are aggravating it completely in order to heal. I haven't done a pull down in 3 years because of the elbow tendonitis I get when doing that exercise.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tendonopathy needs loading.. Resting wont do **** for it

Go read up some articles by barbell medicine...

https://www.barbellmedicine.com/blog...-tendinopathy/

Ignore the social media quacks like athlene x or squat u..
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    Tendonopathy needs loading.. Resting wont do **** for it

Go read up some articles by barbell medicine...

https://www.barbellmedicine.com/blog...-tendinopathy/

Ignore the social media quacks like athlene x or squat u..
    Barbell Medicine is a great resource but keep in mind they sell programs and supplements just like Athlean-X.

superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AFTERMATH77 View Post
    Tendonitis at 44. Been lifting off and in since 2000. Often going pretty heavy. L shoulder is affected, fwiw, and it's quite painful without resistance still.

I've injured my shoulder and rested it for nearly 6 weeks. Doc says I have tendonitis and can never do overhead press or lat pulldowns/ pull ups again.... unless I want the inevitable tear and surgery.

What are the best options to try to get full deltoid and lats muscular development with these not included.
    I'm 44 too. You are overtrained. Just take a month off. You'll thank me later
    John 3:16

Natty for life
    Red for life
    I'm not really 50, I'm 44, idk how to change the age
    Autism crew (Asperger's syndrome)
    High test crew
    Bald crew
    MAGA crew
    Guys stop making me green! I actually enjoy being red! It's more alpha!
    Born again Christian crew
    Heavy metal crew

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Barbell Medicine is a great resource but keep in mind they sell programs and supplements just like Athlean-X.
    Complete irrelevant to the post.

The situation is that they fon't put out bogus, debunked medical Info 😂
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50) buchwachattack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Barbell Medicine is a great resource, and my recommendation is informed by their thinking. You to want to try two, separate but related tactics:

1) Find pain-free movements that work the target muscles
    2) Find a pain-free (or nearly pain-free) range of motion, and slowly work to increase it over time.

Your doc is nocebo-ing you, he doesn't know anything about lifting. I don't know what your shoulder feels like, but experiment with different dumbbells, cables, etc. Find angles or patterns that cause no pain. If you can't find anything pain-free, find whatever causes the least pain, and work it over time, increasing range of motion, load, etc. If you're really paying attention, you'll notice patterns over time i.e. you can do 5 sets of db shoulder press 2x a week, but 6 sets breaks you.

Good luck!
    Follow my training log @andrewbuchwach

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My tendonitis isn’t aggravated very much from pulling exercises, but bench pressing .
    All I can add is to take naproxen to help with inflammation, and time off .
    Don’t do any fast movements when you do an exercise, and make sure there’s plenty of warming up .
    I took a year off and it only helped 60% , so tendonitis is pretty much for life . It’s a strange issue to, as you can think it’s completely gone , only to aggravate it again in a heart beat .

Have you tried overhead press with dumbbells, as I find it’s much easier on my rotators than using a barbell
    Asteroid 2024

superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000) superman704 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tbh I take fish oil, it helps
    John 3:16

Natty for life
    Red for life
    I'm not really 50, I'm 44, idk how to change the age
    Autism crew (Asperger's syndrome)
    High test crew
    Bald crew
    MAGA crew
    Guys stop making me green! I actually enjoy being red! It's more alpha!
    Born again Christian crew
    Heavy metal crew

Cizent is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    recently had this in my left shoulder. First time I've ever had tendonitis.
    I've taken a week off from the gym so far and will take another week off.
    Doctor told me that no person over 40 should be doing any exercise that involves them lifting their shoulder!!!!

During the day it is fine but at night it gets sore, I must roll over on to my shoulder while sleeping.
    Stretching and massage helped a little but I'm pissed I can't lift weights.

While at the gym I didn't really notice a specific exercise that caused pain but at the end of the session it would be sore. The first time it happened was doing squats and deadlifts.
    Not sure how I'm supposed to identify what causes it.