AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)

Well here we go again! .... sigh damn it

12 years ago I was BMI 30, out of shape with no muscle, the typical unattractive and unfit dad bod guy, if not slightly worse.

Then I lost the weight, got in shape (I joined here right when I started really lifting) and I got good enough that people would ask me my routine. Nothing really "body building" worthy but in good shape, women would look at me and chide their husbands (which I can't say made me popular with them), that sort of thing.

But then about 3 years ago motivation just seemed to wain out of no where, addictive videogames didn't help but I wasn't motivated.

Gym became less and less.

I've now worked out for real like 3 times in the last year, I've lost about 40% of the strength I gained (still better than when I started), and 50 years old instead of 38.

Well damn.

So I'm curious if anyone else here currently did the same thing at some point. How long did it take to get back to where you were? I only gained about 7lbs from where I was but I really don't want to know much much muscle I lost too. I'm figuratively smacking my lazy ass over the head here, for a guy who used to LIKE leg day and isn't looking forward to that first week doms I earned probably squatting only 100 until the pain is gone.
    Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

KenpachiZaraki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenpachiZaraki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenpachiZaraki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenpachiZaraki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenpachiZaraki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenpachiZaraki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenpachiZaraki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenpachiZaraki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenpachiZaraki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenpachiZaraki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KenpachiZaraki has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I changed my goals.

Before, I was always looking to lose weight. And I would yo-yo on the various eating plans.

Now, I switched to Powerlifting and set PR goals. Also, once everyone stops fearing the "Disease of Unknown Origins", I'm looking to sign-up for some local meets. This has kept me going regularly since last June. I am now stronger than what I was in my 20s and I'm creeping in on my PR goals. The keys is making them attainable and then set new goals. Write them down and review them every month.

Good luck.

Best Regards,
    Darin
    "Losing weight is making the conscious decision to allow common sense and will-power to overcome desire." - Rich Levi

"God, Grant me the serenity to accept things I cannot change, the courage to change things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "muscle memory" is a real thing.

My gym training has been a disaster due to lockdown etc. 6 weeks ago they opened the gym's again so I was back in there at opening time on first day. If your gym is open, enough with the excuses, you don't need my pep talk.

If you have access to a gym (and not everyone does) then get in there. You just might even enjoy it. Well after you get the first 2 weeks Doms behind you anyway

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AAOBob View Post
    So I'm curious if anyone else here currently did the same thing at some point. How long did it take to get back to where you were?
    I had a few of these comebacks in the past. There are some carryovers from previous training, but I never cared about timeframe. A year maybe? I am still trying to reach my PR's from 2018.

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I wouldn't worry about how long it takes. Just start as soon as possible, do things right, be consistent, and be patient. You can get back to where you were, and better.
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Google Reviews of GettFit Online Coaching: https://g.page/r/CeuQw8grjXrzEAE

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the ******** Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.********.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat

Lean mean cutting machine BaseJumper's Avatar
    BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why do you care?

Don't take me wrong, but there's nothing much you can do, other than leaving the gym behind forever. But then, you know where it will take you, to the dad bod land.

Everyone relapses, but the best of us are those who goes back to the gym.
    My whey or the highway!

October 08th 2017