Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Accountability

MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Entry 7: Starting to really feel the wear on my body after this first week. It's to be expected of course. I actually like the feeling in my muscles. Having issues sleeping recently though. Granted I have never been one to fall asleep easily but I did expect it to be easier with all the energy I have been burning. Either way we'll figure it out. More motivated then ever. Cant stop me now.

Registered User DoMoreWeighLess's Avatar
    DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MyNamuhNick View Post
    Entry 7: Starting to really feel the wear on my body after this first week. It's to be expected of course. I actually like the feeling in my muscles. Having issues sleeping recently though. Granted I have never been one to fall asleep easily but I did expect it to be easier with all the energy I have been burning. Either way we'll figure it out. More motivated then ever. Cant stop me now.
    What do you do before bed? Any caffeine, electronics, etc? All of that can mess with sleep

I find even a light workout at night will put me to bed. Could just be a walk around the neighborhood, some situps and pushups, or mobilitiy/flexibility work. Flexibility is definitely something you should begin to incorporate at some point. Helps with avoiding injuries.

We are all happy to see you working hard man. Don't worry so much about letting folks down. As long as you don't completely stop we have no qualms.

Make sure you listen to your body too. If the wear gets too much, it's time to take a few days off or lower the intensity. Nothing wrong with doing that. Worst thing you could do right now is get injured.
    I want to look straight down and see my toes.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) MyNamuhNick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DoMoreWeighLess View Post
    What do you do before bed? Any caffeine, electronics, etc? All of that can mess with sleep

I find even a light workout at night will put me to bed. Could just be a walk around the neighborhood, some situps and pushups, or mobilitiy/flexibility work. Flexibility is definitely something you should begin to incorporate at some point. Helps with avoiding injuries.

We are all happy to see you working hard man. Don't worry so much about letting folks down. As long as you don't completely stop we have no qualms.

Make sure you listen to your body too. If the wear gets too much, it's time to take a few days off or lower the intensity. Nothing wrong with doing that. Worst thing you could do right now is get injured.
    I will try a light walk. I did read that certain exercise too close to bed time can make you restless due to endorphins. I could keep it light to combat that. I tried some sleepy time tea two nights ago and that didnt seem tp help. That was the sinus relief kind. I have the double dose sleepy tea I am going to try tonight. I have been taking it easy on my lower body. My knees are not terrible but also they aren't brand new either. I have been power walking uphill instead of jogging to keep the impact low. I have been waiting till I get some of the weight off before I up the intensity to jogging or running. Thank you again for all the help and support.

lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I will try a light walk. I did read that certain exercise too close to bed time can make you restless due to endorphins. I could keep it light to combat that. I tried some sleepy time tea two nights ago and that didnt seem tp help. That was the sinus relief kind. I have the double dose sleepy tea I am going to try tonight. I have been taking it easy on my lower body. My knees are not terrible but also they aren't brand new either. I have been power walking uphill instead of jogging to keep the impact low. I have been waiting till I get some of the weight off before I up the intensity to jogging or running. Thank you again for all the help and support.
    Myself and my wife both experienced insomnia when on a heavy energy restriction. It places your body under tremendous stress, and encourages cortisol production, which generally stuffs you up.

I found mild antihistamines helped... Try to avoid anything serious for sleeping.

Originally Posted by lukepeter View Post
    Myself and my wife both experienced insomnia when on a heavy energy restriction. It places your body under tremendous stress, and encourages cortisol production, which generally stuffs you up.

I found mild antihistamines helped... Try to avoid anything serious for sleeping.
    What do you mean, Serious?

lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What do you mean, Serious?
    Purpose built sleeping tablets... The sort that make you disorientated if awakened whilst using them. Melatonin is useful.

Entry 8: A little about myself. I love playing Pathfinder(basically D&D 5e). I have had two games going for about a year now and the groups consist of my closest friends. When everyone comes over usually there is a lot of liquor drinking and pizza binging. Last night everyone came over, instead of pizza my fiancé and I ate our normal chicken breast and salad, instead of straight Jameson whiskey we had light beers, and instead of laying about in bed this morning I got up a little earlier and did some extra cardio to burn off the beers. Myself being able to resist the pizza, the whiskey, and the ten pounds of sushi I saw at Publix earlier that day is a major victory for me because above all else my weakness has been not having the willpower to resist things that I crave and having the fortitude to go exercise when I don't feel like it at all. Good luck everyone and have a good day.

DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Entry 8: A little about myself. I love playing Pathfinder(basically D&D 5e). I have had two games going for about a year now and the groups consist of my closest friends. When everyone comes over usually there is a lot of liquor drinking and pizza binging. Last night everyone came over, instead of pizza my fiancé and I ate our normal chicken breast and salad, instead of straight Jameson whiskey we had light beers, and instead of laying about in bed this morning I got up a little earlier and did some extra cardio to burn off the beers. Myself being able to resist the pizza, the whiskey, and the ten pounds of sushi I saw at Publix earlier that day is a major victory for me because above all else my weakness has been not having the willpower to resist things that I crave and having the fortitude to go exercise when I don't feel like it at all. Good luck everyone and have a good day.
    DUDE YESSSS! It's crazy hard to turn down unhealthy food during social settings. Good on you. I bet it made you feel like the man too.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First you have to be accountable to yourself.
    Some people need someone like a trainer or coach to be accountable to.
    Thats fine if thats what it takes.
    If you can get a like minded person to train with that can help greatly.
    Set small goals and achieve each one leading to that ultimate goal you have.
    Take pics every month,take a waist measurement and record it.
    No one said it won't be easy as it will take a good amount of discipline to get to your goal.
    Good luck to you.

DUDE YESSSS! It's crazy hard to turn down unhealthy food during social settings. Good on you. I bet it made you feel like the man too.
    It did. I have never felt like this. To feel like there is no other option other than to "nut up or shut up". Im excited and very motivated.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    First you have to be accountable to yourself.
    Some people need someone like a trainer or coach to be accountable to.
    Thats fine if thats what it takes.
    If you can get a like minded person to train with that can help greatly.
    Set small goals and achieve each one leading to that ultimate goal you have.
    Take pics every month,take a waist measurement and record it.
    No one said it won't be easy as it will take a good amount of discipline to get to your goal.
    Good luck to you.
    Thank you for posting. I dont have anyone like minded to help me with this. I dont go to the gym. I own my nordictrack and I bought adjustable dumbbells. So it's all on me. Now granted I have an awesome support group here on this website. Everyone has been so kind and helpful. Though still at the end of the day I am the one that stares at my body in the mirror and I am the one that is going to do something about what I do not like looking at. Hope you have a good day man. Thanks again.

want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Entry 8: A little about myself. I love playing Pathfinder(basically D&D 5e). I have had two games going for about a year now and the groups consist of my closest friends. When everyone comes over usually there is a lot of liquor drinking and pizza binging. Last night everyone came over, instead of pizza my fiancé and I ate our normal chicken breast and salad, instead of straight Jameson whiskey we had light beers, and instead of laying about in bed this morning I got up a little earlier and did some extra cardio to burn off the beers. Myself being able to resist the pizza , the whiskey, and the ten pounds of sushi I saw at Publix earlier that day is a major victory for me because above all else my weakness has been not having the willpower to resist things that I crave and having the fortitude to go exercise when I don't feel like it at all. Good luck everyone and have a good day.
    I'm a Keto person so its hard missing stuff you like. I have been trying new recipes I see and todays tasted so good and cured my pizza craving.

2 slices Kraft Mozzarella (120 cals 4 carbs)
    2 slices Boars Head Deli Sliced Pepperoni (60 cals 0 carbs)
    1/2 serving Raos Margarita Pizza Sauce (20 cals 1.5 carbs)

Put the 2 slices of cheese on parchment paper.
    Season with Italian seasonings
    1/2 serving Rao's sauce
    1 large pepperoni slice on each slice of cheese

I cook in the toaster oven for 8-10 minutes.

2 mini pizzas for 200 calories with around 6 carbs.

I will do this often now.
    Last edited by want6pack; 05-28-2021 at 10:25 AM.
    Started at 236 years ago. Went down to 171 but now at 196 so I'm trying to get back down to 171.

May 22: 196
    May 24: 194
    May 27: 193
    May 30: 192
    June 6: 191
    June 13: 190
    June 20: 189
    July 4: 188
    Aug 8: 184

Originally Posted by want6pack View Post
    I'm a Keto person so its hard missing stuff you like. I have been trying new recipes I see and todays tasted so good and cured my pizza craving.

2 slices Kraft Mozzarella (120 cals)
    2 slices Boars Head Deli Sliced Pepperoni (60 cals)
    1/2 serving Raos Pizza Sauce (20 cals)

Put the slices on parchment paper.

Season with Italian seasonings
    1/2 service sauce
    1 large pepperoni slice on each

2 mini pizzas for 200 calories with around 6 carbs.

I will do this often now.
    Ok so not all cheese is bad? I think I need to look into KETO because those sound good.

want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50) want6pack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok so not all cheese is bad? I think I need to look into KETO because those sound good.
    I can not speak for others but cheese was part of my diet while dropping a lot of weight.
    Started at 236 years ago. Went down to 171 but now at 196 so I'm trying to get back down to 171.

Entry 9: Lemme tell you what. I don't feel like doing **** today. Nonetheless I got up and did my morning cardio and I am going to do my afternoon as well. Through adversity there is redemption.

It really depends on your diet. I think cheese is one of those things that can easily get out of hand. People put it on everything! If you can moderate it it shouldn't be an issue.

I like the keto pizza suggestion. It can help to find alternatives to the foods you crave the most. Especially low calorie. I might try that as well 6pack.

Some weeks will be tougher than others Nick. It's part of the process. But you must have it pretty hardset if you still got your workout in.

When is your next weight in, and have you thought about measuring your waist, thighs, and any other high fat areas?

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

It really depends on your diet. I think cheese is one of those things that can easily get out of hand. People put it on everything! If you can moderate it it shouldn't be an issue.

I like the keto pizza suggestion. It can help to find alternatives to the foods you crave the most. Especially low calorie. I might try that as well 6pack.

Some weeks will be tougher than others Nick. It's part of the process. But you must have it pretty hardset if you still got your workout in.

When is your next weight in, and have you thought about measuring your waist, thighs, and any other high fat areas?
    I have not measured myself yet but that is a good Idea. I will probably do that this weekend. I weigh myself everyday. Right now I am floating around 305ld. But that is better than the 313lds we started at.

Entry 10: Hope everyone had a great memorial day. I did slack some (scotch scotch scotch) but even though I did I still had a lower weight when I weighed in today! Came in a smexy 302lds. I doubled up on my cardio this morning and we are right back at it. With obvious signs of improvement. All in all, not a bad long weekend. Be safe and keep moving forward.

Entry 10: Hope everyone had a great memorial day. I did slack some (scotch scotch scotch) but even though I did I still had a lower weight when I weighed in today! Came in a smexy 302lds. I doubled up on my cardio this morning and we are right back at it. With obvious signs of improvement. All in all, not a bad long weekend. Be safe and keep moving forward.
    Good ****!

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

Entry 11: The scale showed 301 today. The weight is starting to fall off even though, not gonna lie, I have started to slack a little. After going hard for two weeks straight my body started to feel like ****. Didn't eat any garbage though. I'm not going to settle back into complacency. Time to double down and leap that hurdle to the below 300lb mark. Stay sharp and keep at it. Iron sharpens iron.

Deraticus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deraticus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deraticus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deraticus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deraticus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deraticus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deraticus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deraticus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deraticus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deraticus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deraticus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nick, I just took the time too read all of this and I must say GREAT JOB. I too have an accountability issue, and have 0 Will power. You are now an inspiration to me. I only weigh 205 but i am a type 1 diabetic with what feels like 50 lbs of garbage on my waist. I will come here daily to view your progress and I will even update you with mine. You have this, do not turn back now. It takes 21 days to form a habit. You are almost there!!! Keep it up. But just like everyone else has stated, you need a rest day. Just count your calories Nick, your body will still burn it off if you are in a defecit.
    Current Weight - 190
    Target Weight - 170 lbs
    --------------------

Started to get Skinny fat now im working on changing that. Any advice in PMs would be great appreciated.

Thank you so much! That means a lot to me and I would like to read about your progress. This has been a long road but it is one I am going to stay on. There is no turning back now. Gotta get fit for the wedding photos! Please comment as much as you like in this thread. It doesn't even have to be about me. If you find a quote or wanna share something about you're journey by all means post it.

Entry 12: I've been keeping at it. It has been hard breaking through the 300 barrier. Not giving up. Even if I falter I can still get right back up and walk this path that I have set out for myself. Stay strong people. "I hate every minute of training. But I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." - Muhammad Ali

Entry 12: I've been keeping at it. It has been hard breaking through the 300 barrier. Not giving up. Even if I falter I can still get right back up and walk this path that I have set out for myself. Stay strong people. "I hate every minute of training. But I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." - Muhammad Ali
    Keep at it. It will be a nice accomplishment to break in to the 200's again.

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dude - what a great read! Thanks for sharing this much of your journey with us - and i am looking forward to reading more.

Dont lose hope on those days that willpower doesnt come - some days it just doesnt - and we still have to go to our plan and just fuc&in do it - like luke? said...

hang in there - come back often - and thanks for giving me some motivation today!!!!

Any updates? You made this thread near the time I started trying to drop my "Covid 20". I know you have your wedding coming up. I have a trip to see relatives coming up so I feel like we both have goals. Keep up the good work.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    we're all gonna make it brahs

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i hope OP will come back in and let us know how hes going.....even if its not all unicorns and rainbows. we are here for you either way bro - so come back in and tell us whats up....

808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great work and mindset Nick! I don’t have as much weight to lose as you, but I had a hard time staying on track until I started posting on these forums. Having ppl to keep you accountable really helps. Everyone is always waiting to hear the latest update. Come back soon braddah!
    Single life again
    808 crew
    5’11” tall Asian crew

Started weights again Nov 2020
    2/21 PR: S 315 B 275 D 425 @206
    3/14/21: PR 405x3 conventional
    Chasing 500 deadlift

Diet crew
    3/1/21-206 going for 190 @ 8% by June 1
    3/14/21-205
    4/15/21-201 finally losing weight after shifting to 1500-1800 cal/day

Sober since March 1

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So is OP gone?
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"