Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Raw oysters

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    What a hilarious thread to return to after a short break from this subforum xD

Yeah, not my experience, that comparison with women and mucousy raw oysters lol... And if it was I wouldn't brag about it.

In all seriousness though, just got back from New Orleans a couple weeks ago and had cooked oysters. They were pretty good but fried I couldn't even tell the difference between that and the shrimp, honestly.

The soft shell crab did have a unique flavor, though.

Nothing to brag about here, no shake either

It was geared towards helping a newbie who’s intimidated by….oysters.

Fried are great, raw is for the effect and I feel empowered eating raw meats, fish, etc.
    Kid Covid

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In all seriousness though, just got back from New Orleans a couple weeks ago and had cooked oysters. They were pretty good but fried I couldn't even tell the difference between that and the shrimp, honestly.
    You gotta go somewhere that fries the oyster so that it's still soft and juicy inside the batter.

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They’re amazing really, on top of the nutrition. They can clean large bodies of water and for people that don’t want to hurt animals (like vegans) they have no brain and don’t feel pain.

This is on top of the great nutrition.

Also historically an aphrodisiac for those of you who wanna calm down a bit.
    Kid Covid

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    It’s nice

Challenging to be here when no longer single….even the chamber maid would have my scent.

On another note, every boat has a huge American flag and Trump banner. It truly is a thing of beauty.

Going to have oysters in a few hours again keep the testosterone levels sky high.
    Florida is all about that RED. Keep us posted on the oysters...
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

Will also have an update on testosterone levels in the supplement section booster thread…won’t be 8 weeks though will have to be 9 weeks due to being out of town.
    Kid Covid

fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I've started an experiment today. I bought a bunch of cans of smoked oysters. 18 g of protein and 10 g of fat in each can. 12 oysters in each can. I'm going to have 2 cans of oysters every day for 10 days in a row and report back if I notice any changes. This is probably safer than the dog food diet where I ended up in an ICU.

Any suggestion on how to prepare them?

Oysters right out of the can with a fork. Oyster salad. Oysters Rockefeller. Oyster shooters. Bacon wrapped grilled oysters on a stick. Oyster soup. Oysters with garlic butter and herb. Oyster shooters with orange juice. Oysters on a cracker with cheese. Oyster wrapped in ham slices. That's 10 ways.
    i was eating oyster salads. i usually just eat them right out of the can. i started putting them on my cheeseburgers dead fukkin srs

You know what they don’t taste bad I can’t figure out why many find them gross.

I’ll try them on a burger for the added minerals one of these days.

Literally just ate a seafood skillet with an order of raw oysters on the side. Had our waitress tell me most of her localss are in their 80’s and 90’s, they down tons of shellfish daily their entire lives which is sky high in cholesterol yet they’re all older than dirt. Where are my nutrition geniuses to site some cholesterol studies?
    Kid Covid

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You know what they don’t taste bad I can’t figure out why many find them gross.

I’ll try them on a burger for the added minerals one of these days.

Literally just ate a seafood skillet with an order of raw oysters on the side. Had our waitress tell me most of her localss are in their 80’s and 90’s, they down tons of shellfish daily their entire lives which is sky high in cholesterol yet they’re all older than dirt. Where are my nutrition geniuses to site some cholesterol studies?
    Because they look like snot and have the texture of snot....

Then again, I know you enjoy eating organs and raw eggs too, so... probably just a different in taste.

Personally, I'd rather eat sushi, yogurt, fruit, vegetables, whole grains, etc and not cold, slimy stuff.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nothing to brag about here, no shake either

It was geared towards helping a newbie who’s intimidated by….oysters.

Fried are great, raw is for the effect and I feel empowered eating raw meats, fish, etc.
    I heard raw chicken tartare and Carpaccio pork chops can give you super powers. Have you tried those? Serve them up with some raw potatoes
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Because they look like snot and have the texture of snot....

Then again, I know you enjoy eating organs and raw eggs too, so... probably just a different in taste.

Personally, I'd rather eat sushi, yogurt, fruit, vegetables, whole grains, etc and not cold, slimy stuff.
    Congrats?

You deserve a pat on the back squeak!
    Kid Covid

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    I heard raw chicken tartare and Carpaccio pork chops can give you super powers. Have you tried those? Serve them up with some raw potatoes
    Not yet little evil

Oysters in the raw also contain lots of vitamin D for those that don’t want to take a supplement
    Kid Covid

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not yet little evil

Oysters in the raw also contain lots of vitamin D for those that don’t want to take a supplement
    You ever try raw Rocky Mountain oysters?
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Not raw
    Kid Covid

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I also live in middle America so fresh seafood is sadly off the table...

@Adam, what about sushi that happens to have raw fish in it? I know there are a myriad of options but that does tend to be the stereotypical kind. Cold and slimy fits the description, even though still not in the same way as oysters.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    I took a lady on our 3rd or 4th date to a Mountain Oysters cookout. Been married for 11 years next month.

@Adam, what about sushi that happens to have raw fish in it? I know there are a myriad of options but that does tend to be the stereotypical kind. Cold and slimy fits the description, even though still not in the same way as oysters.
    Your local fish market should have fresh seafood available, unfortunately there’s a premium to pay.

That’s why In Chicago we get raped when it comes to sashimi (what you’re referring to as raw sushi). In layman’s terms it’s sliced raw thin fish. Shellfish such as crab and shrimp are never served raw so you can experiment with a crab California roll which is most common.

Eel is my favorite but I’ll do the tuna as well.
    Kid Covid

I took a lady on our 3rd or 4th date to a Mountain Oysters cookout. Been married for 11 years next month.
    When I’m down in your neck of the woods we’re meeting for some dining!

I think there was another member on here who also wasn’t far from where you are.
    Kid Covid

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your local fish market should have fresh seafood available, unfortunately there’s a premium to pay.

That’s why In Chicago we get raped when it comes to sashimi (what you’re referring to as raw sushi). In layman’s terms it’s sliced raw thin fish. Shellfish such as crab and shrimp are never served raw so you can experiment with a crab California roll which is most common.

Eel is my favorite but I’ll do the tuna as well.
    Yeah... smoked Salmon (the cold, raw-ish kind) is extremely good and I'd eat it every day if I could, but it's so expensive, especially when I can eat a one-pound chicken breast for hardly over a dollar per day.

Chicken breast by itself is pretty bland but it's impossible to beat for price, ease of preparation, and status as almost pure protein.

Yes that’s what sucks, that’s why I’m having as much as I can down here it’s cheap compared to where I live.
    Kid Covid

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah... smoked Salmon (the cold, raw-ish kind) is extremely good and I'd eat it every day if I could, but it's so expensive, especially when I can eat a one-pound chicken breast for hardly over a dollar per day.

Chicken breast by itself is pretty bland but it's impossible to beat for price, ease of preparation, and status as almost pure protein.
    Thankfully this summer my extended family is having a reunion which we all had to miss last year due to the pandemic.

My uncles make this amazing home-smoked salmon that they catch themselves... I think a few years ago I ate like 1+ pounds of it... it was like candy
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

^^ Sounds good!

If your tuna, salmon, yellowtail, etc is ‘slimy’, you’re eating bad sushi…

All the sushi I have is savory, chewy, salty, sometimes also sweet, sometimes crunchy… never slimy or snot-like…
    Last edited by AdamWW; 05-19-2021 at 11:32 AM.

XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I wish I liked salmon since I don't like pretty much any healthy fats but for whatever reason its just the one fish that tastes gross to me. I did a fishing trip to Alaska with my father and even fresh out the water I just cant stomach the stuff now the halibut I would smash but something about salmon just makes me gag. To each their own I guess I kind of like slimly textures though I'm not sure that's how I would want my sushi XD not the biggest sushi fan to begin with but about my only requirement is dunked in soy sauce. I saw something this week though about how many good fats wee in a single piece of salmon and was like of course the "super food" fats like salmon and avocado would be one of the only foods I don't like.

You might find that that changes the more you consistently eat healthier sources of fat. Overly-crispy deep fried stuff isn't very appealing anymore. Eggs, whole milk, and ground beef a few nights a week really hit the spot and feel satisfying and nourishing with no craving for anything deep fried.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I've had 24 oysters a day for the last 3 days. 7 more days to go on this experiment.

I've had 24 oysters a day for the last 3 days. 7 more days to go on this experiment.
    How are you feeling?

How are you feeling?
    Seem to be sleeping better. Weighed 2 pounds less this morning than yesterday morning, probably water weight though. Some brain functions seem to be improving (trying to hook a solar swimming pool heater to my pool filter pump, there's pipe threads fittings [tapered], barb fittings, and machine thread fittings[straight])

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you actually been counting how many of those tiny smoked oysters are in each can?

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Have you actually been counting how many of those tiny smoked oysters are in each can?
    12. 3 rows of 4, or 4 rows of 3, depending on how you look at it. Each oyster is about the size of a 9 volt battery.

12. 3 rows of 4, or 4 rows of 3, depending on how you look at it. Each oyster is about the size of a 9 volt battery.
    Oh those are larger than what I'm used to from a can, and prob taste better.