Thread: Lost muscle

hphillips18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lost muscle

So, for some reason this guy at the gym talked me I to doing CrossFit during my lean bulk. I feel ashamed of myself too, trust me ������ but I did this type of training for around a month and a half to two months and I’ve lost muscle for sure. I have switched back to bodybuilding since the start of March and since it was close to summer I went through with cutting and had been cutting from March until now, but I’ve decided to start lean bulking again Bc of the muscle loss. Last summer I was lean at a pretty decent size but now I can see I have definitely lost muscle so I’ve decided to just lean bulk through the summer to gain my size back. The weird thing is, during the 2 months of doing CrossFit, I stayed relatively the same weight (maybe lost like 3 pounds 168 to 165). I decided to lean bulk as of yesterday and I’m sitting at 162 right now. I Used the reversed diet method do transition I to a lean bulk prior to this but I was curious to if I should just ramp up to maintenance instead of reverse dieting since it wasn’t long that I was cutting for. Last summer I weighed 155 and had more muscle mass than I do now at 162. (It wasn’t just because of me being lean, Bc I am still relatively lean right now but can tell my muscles are smaller) any suggestions? I know it won’t take long to gain back, but has anyone else had any experiences in losing a good bit of muscle and gaining it back?

Height: 5’7
    Weight: 162
    Caloric intake end of last bulk 2600-2800
    Calorie intake after this cut: 2000 (I cut down gradually over time of course)

I started to up my calories straight to 2600 but was thinking of just ramping up to 2400 instead Feel like I’ve completely ruined my physique (even tho it’s prob just in my head)

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    There was no reason to post this in the nutrition log section.

You can gain lost muscle more easily than you can build it in the first place. There is no reason for you to do reverse dieting. Just go to maintenance for 1-2 weeks if you haven't already and from there jump to your desired surplus.
    My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

hphillips18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    There was no reason to post this in the nutrition log section.

You can gain lost muscle more easily than you can build it in the first place. There is no reason for you to do reverse dieting. Just go to maintenance for 1-2 weeks if you haven't already and from there jump to your desired surplus.
    As you can see, I didn’t really lose much weight. I’ve been sticking close to what I believe my maintenance is at the moment (2400). If for some reason I did overshoot it by a rather small margin, that wouldn’t matter much right? I didn’t cut really cut for that long, so I feel like it didn’t have as much of an effect on my metabolism much. Just wish I would’ve never switched up my training :/