Chemii is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Give me, a 341LB female tips on weight loss!

I'm here for help.
    I want to change for the better. I feel depressed, eating makes me happy but it also makes me so sad because that's my routine most of the day. Please help me. Please give me advice and tips on how to get rid of this disgusting fat. I want the old me back. I'll be updating my weight loss journey if this gets enough attention I suppose. ^^;

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Please go back 1 page, and read the Don't Look Past the Basics sticky thread near the top of the forum.

Bottom line, fat loss is all about creating a long term caloric deficit and it all comes down to calories in vs. calories out. No amount of exercise will matter if you are still eating too many calories on a weekly basis.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    I'm here for help.
    I want to change for the better. I feel depressed, eating makes me happy but it also makes me so sad because that's my routine most of the day. Please help me. Please give me advice and tips on how to get rid of this disgusting fat. I want the old me back. I'll be updating my weight loss journey if this gets enough attention I suppose. ^^;
    If you're truly depressed and have a very bad relationship with food and you're always eating out of comfort, you may want to see a therapist. Someone telling you that you need to be in a calorie deficit isn't too helpful. You need to change the way you view food, your beliefs about food, and yourself.

Other than possibly seeing a therapist (just a thought, I don't know how bad your situation really is, might not be necessary), just start eating better. With how much you weigh, I'm sure you diet isn't very good at all. You could start by just eating more fruits and vegetables, drinking more water, and exercising - a 20-30 minute walk a few days a week.

Develop new habits over time, building one on top of another until you've recreated your lifestyle. Start buying less junk food. If it's not in the house, it most likely won't get eaten. Most people won't hop in the car and drive to the store to get one box of whatever junk food. We are naturally lazy and want whatever is convenient. So make it inconvenient to eat bad. Eating well is much easier when your kitchen is filled with quality, nutrient-dense foods, and doesn't have much junk food. So change your surroundings.

Do these things little by little over time and they'll all add up to make a difference. Too much change too soon and you'll likely struggle to stick with it.
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Google Reviews of GettFit Online Coaching: https://g.page/r/CeuQw8grjXrzEAE

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the ******** Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.********.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Bottom line, fat loss is all about creating a long term caloric deficit and it all comes down to calories in vs. calories out. No amount of exercise will matter if you are still eating too many calories on a weekly basis.
    This ^^^^.

My general tip: eat less. move more.

MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MG5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    This ^^^^.

My general tip: eat less. move more.
    Horrible advice. Telling that to a very obese person who struggles with controlling their eating is like telling an alcoholic "Just drink less, it's not hard."
    WBFF Pro Muscle Model | Questions? Send me a private message.

Online Training/Coaching Application: https://www.gettfit.com/online-coaching/

Google Reviews of GettFit Online Coaching: https://g.page/r/CeuQw8grjXrzEAE

Instagram: mike.gettier

Join the ******** Group - Build Muscle, Lose Fat, and Become Stronger: https://www.********.com/groups/buildmusclelosefat

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    I'm here for help.

Lots of 51 year olds on here. I wonder if that is the default age, and most people don't want to say their real ones. But I'm sure you can enter the real one into a calorie calculator yourself.

My advice for someone who weights 340 pounds is to do pool workouts. Either get a gym membership, or get your own small pool that is just wide enough for you to stretch your arms out. The membership would cost less. If you are worried about being seen, go in the mornings.

Do not try to jog with that weight. You will damage your knees permanently if you do.

Try to hang out places where there is not a refrigerator nearby. Food addicts are similar to drug addicts. Much easier to resist if you stay away from the temptation.

When you do eat, take smaller bites and chew your food thoroughly.

XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MG5 View Post
    Horrible advice. Telling that to a very obese person who struggles with controlling their eating is like telling an alcoholic "Just drink less, it's not hard."
    As someone who started cutting at 370 I have to disagree I needed this core information. While I knew what a calorie was I had never in my life read a nutrition label when I started and was eating about twice the calories daily than what I thought I was. I certainly didn't need therapy and the very simple advice to eat less and move more and track calories has me still losing 2 pounds a week every week last and this month after dropping over 100 pounds. Even your own advice that I consider good in the post above is pretty much is the same. 20-30 minute walks are the move more and buying less junk food is certainly eating less. I think this is a great first step as her current 341 pounds is a direct reflection of her weekly habits. The good news is its not hard at first to change those habits to be eating and moving like a 300 pound person instead. I will say as someone who has had binge eating issues things like that should be sorted as soon as possible but I find the idea that you cant tell someone who is 341 pounds to eat less ridiculous. So while I agree with all your advice in the first post this comment doesn't make any sense at all in fact it seems to contradict it.

To the OP I would realize its a long game and not to expect the results you want to come from anything but years of managing your intake and constantly increasing your movement. You will mess up just keep getting back on the horse until you get where you want to be. At first moving a little and dumping high calorie junk foods for healthier lower calorie options will be the easiest and fastest you will lose the entire time. Cutting out sugar pop and junk foods and doing very light walking had me losing weight at 370 faster than I lose it now working out 3 days a week getting triple the steps I was before and completely eliminating the binging behavior. Just try and move more every week and drop the calories to something more reasonable when you start to plateau reduce them more or be even more active. Start tracking things get a food scale start weighing them use MFP or excel or whatever but start tracking everything you want to be able to look at any food and guess with some kind of accuracy how many calories it has in it. While you have to be more on point as you go it actually gets easier. Sure you don't burn as much with each step but you fell less worn down taking 3 times as many and can do them faster. The most important thing though in my mind is to just keep grinding its a long process when you start that big. You might find by the end you start to like it I look forward to lifts and walks and enjoy doing more shopping cooking and meal prepping. Also even still very much out of shape at ~264 this morning I feel infinitely better than I did at 370. From my bowl movements to just doing simple things every aspect of my life has improved and I feel younger at 32 than I did at 29. So just keep with it.

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by XinXom View Post
    As someone who started cutting at 370 I have to disagree I needed this core information. While I knew what a calorie was I had never in my life read a nutrition label when I started and was eating about twice the calories daily than what I thought I was. I certainly didn't need therapy and the very simple advice to eat less and move more and track calories has me still losing 2 pounds a week every week last and this month after dropping over 100 pounds. Even your own advice that I consider good in the post above is pretty much is the same. 20-30 minute walks are the move more and buying less junk food is certainly eating less. I think this is a great first step as her current 341 pounds is a direct reflection of her weekly habits. The good news is its not hard at first to change those habits to be eating and moving like a 300 pound person instead. I will say as someone who has had binge eating issues things like that should be sorted as soon as possible but I find the idea that you cant tell someone who is 341 pounds to eat less ridiculous. So while I agree with all your advice in the first post this comment doesn't make any sense at all in fact it seems to contradict it.

To the OP I would realize its a long game and not to expect the results you want to come from anything but years of managing your intake and constantly increasing your movement. You will mess up just keep getting back on the horse until you get where you want to be. At first moving a little and dumping high calorie junk foods for healthier lower calorie options will be the easiest and fastest you will lose the entire time. Cutting out sugar pop and junk foods and doing very light walking had me losing weight at 370 faster than I lose it now working out 3 days a week getting triple the steps I was before and completely eliminating the binging behavior. Just try and move more every week and drop the calories to something more reasonable when you start to plateau reduce them more or be even more active. Start tracking things get a food scale start weighing them use MFP or excel or whatever but start tracking everything you want to be able to look at any food and guess with some kind of accuracy how many calories it has in it. While you have to be more on point as you go it actually gets easier. Sure you don't burn as much with each step but you fell less worn down taking 3 times as many and can do them faster. The most important thing though in my mind is to just keep grinding its a long process when you start that big. You might find by the end you start to like it I look forward to lifts and walks and enjoy doing more shopping cooking and meal prepping. Also even still very much out of shape at ~264 this morning I feel infinitely better than I did at 370. From my bowl movements to just doing simple things every aspect of my life has improved and I feel younger at 32 than I did at 29. So just keep with it.
    Your weight loss progress is very impressive!

I agree with this. Many people who are obese do not understand anything about nutrition. I used to say things like "I cannot even look at carbs without getting fat". It can be a very freeing experience when you finally understand the basics. If you take this step it gives you the control over food, instead of the food controlling you.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MG5 View Post
    So you tell the person in the first post that they have a bad relationship with food and need to see a therapist, then in the very next 2 paragraphs you hit on a point that is directly related to reducing calorie intake by not buying junk food, eating nutrient dense foods, and start exercising and walking. Basically EATING LESS and MOVING MORE.

Do you even fully comprehend what you're typing?

Not all overweight/obese people need to see a therapist, in fact I would argue that most of them don't. They just have very little knowledge of calorie intake and calorie burn. Too many BS websites/articles/social media posts lambasting carbohydrates as being the enemy and an overall lack of basic nutritional education and lack of daily exercise has led to the obesity problem we have, its not just because everyone has disordered eating.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Chemii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by XinXom View Post

I've never read a nutrition label either until the past month.
    I've been definitely slowing my eating down and I never realized how much food I was eating just for a day! Insane! I do like to go swimming and I do swimming exercises often! <3 Thank you all for your help honestly. This is really pushing me.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    At that weight there is a lot of room to work with to lose quite a bit of weight. You start by limiting or eliminating the things that got you to that weight. Processed carbs (chips, cookies, snacks, bread, pasta, etc) as these things are easy to overeat and they have a high calorie amount for how poorly they satiate. Alcohol is another big cause of fat gain and limiting or eliminating will be a big plus. Liquid calories should be avoided. Things like fruit juice, non diet soda, etc. There is no need to count calories YET. just being mindful of what you eat and drink will take you a long way at this point

Prioritize lean meats, green veggies and water.

You do these things and the fat will fall off
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB