OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKapricot is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Apricot's next stage

Hi all, 28(m) years old 5'11 and been somewhat overweight and out of shape most of my life. Start of Feb I weighed in at 102kg/224lbs and since then I have been on fairly heavily restricted diet. Gyms were closed up until April 12th so from Feb until then I was doing bodyweight workouts and lots of running. All of this has been working very well with good steady progress being made. I'm now 86kg/197.4lbs and have some sort of definition now.

So I started going to the gym a month ago first and foremost to get into the habit of going before committing to a more long term routine. Below is what I've been doing, 3 days per week m/w/f, with the numbers in brackets where I started.

Squat 3x8 80kg (40kg)
    Deadlift 3x8 80kg (40kg)
    Bench press 3x8 50kg (30kg)
    Assisted pull up 3x8 45kg assist (55kg)
    Shoulder press 3x8 22.5kg (15kg)
    Tricep pressdown 3x10 17.5kg (12.5kg)
    Barbell curl 3x10 20kg (10kg).

My progression was to simply add weight that I could still do the reps and sets with. I now feel like I need something more structured.

Now that the ball is rolling, the fat is dropping and the strength increasing, I'm going to start and stick to the fierce 5. First session will be tomorrow 😁.

I did want to post some form check clips however I see you need 50+ posts. I didn't want to go much further without people's experienced advice on my form but looks like for now I'll have to go careful.

Fierce 5 day 1 coming 💪