Jaames93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hi there, total newbie trying to transform myself.

Hi, my names James and I’m 27 from the U.K.

I currently weigh 75kg, I’m 5ft 10 and estimate my Body Fat Percentage to be around 18-20%.

Bottom line I’ve let myself go, i have a very busy work life consisting of 2 jobs, I start work at 8am and don’t get home til 11pm, usually eating badly or not at all obviously resulting me although being generally slim visually I now have a gut.

I’ve signed up to my local gym, I train 3 days a week and it’s now my 2nd week of training. I’ve realised I’m only getting around 1300/1400 calories per day due to my work schedule and not having time to eat, to combat this I purchased a Meal Replacement shake which has 24g of protein and 250 Calories per shake, I’ve been using this as a meal replacement a
    Couple of times a day instead of skipping meals like I usually do to bring my general calories upto around the 1900 mark aswell as trying to hit my protein intake goal. I’ve also upped my water intake to around 2.5-3 litres per day.

My goal is to obviously loose the puppy fat and gain muscle and generally look and feel much better in myself but I am a complete noob with this all in all.

I know it’s very simple to just say oh eat more but my second job (5pm til 11pm) is a delivery driver at a very busy takeaway, I literally don’t have time to sit down and eat a proper meal until 11pm which is obviously way too late.

I will attach a photo below of my current state, the angle of the photo doesn’t show my tummy as much but it’s certainly there.

Please could I have some general advice on where I should be heading taking my lifestyle into consideration. Am I using the wrong supplement for example (I know supplements aren’t the answer but due to my work life it leaves me with little choice)

Many thanks and can’t wait to hear from you

EDIT: I can’t post w photo for some reason, maybe cause I’m on mobile, will log on my pc and try that way

Registered User DoMoreWeighLess's Avatar
    DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoMoreWeighLess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jaames93 View Post

I know it’s very simple to just say oh eat more but my second job (5pm til 11pm) is a delivery driver at a very busy takeaway, I literally don’t have time to sit down and eat a proper meal until 11pm which is obviously way too late.
    I would worry more about getting the calories than when you get them. If you have hunger pains, it may help to get a lot more veggies in the morning since you are busy until late at night. The fiber helps curb the hunger, and keeps you from overeating. I am a big fan of the microwaveable veggies(Find a brand you like. They are normally not more than 2 bucks). Typically the whole bag is not more than 400 calories, and you knockout an easy 3-4 servings.

It sounds like you have a heavy workload, which can cause it's own problems. I would focus on eating 200-500 less calories than your bmr on your off days, and eat around your bmr or slightly higher on your exercise days.

From there, keep a rough thought(or even a journal) of how you feel each day. Adjust your diet/calories based around what your body tells you. Sluggish and tired? Eat and sleep more if you can. Gaining weight consistently over 2 weeks? Cut back on calories a little more. This is how I have been losing, and has been the least stressful method for me. Hope it helps.
    I want to look straight down and see my toes.

330 Jan 2020
    270 Aug 2022
    ??? Dec 2022

Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100)
    Good to hear mate I'm also in the UK. Waiting for your picture!!

Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100) Zeblan is not very well liked. (-100)
    Maybe I'm not able to permit Picture or video post yeat!

bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi, my names James and I’m 27 from the U.K.

I currently weigh 75kg, I’m 5ft 10 and estimate my Body Fat Percentage to be around 18-20%.

Bottom line I’ve let myself go, i have a very busy work life consisting of 2 jobs, I start work at 8am and don’t get home til 11pm, usually eating badly or not at all obviously resulting me although being generally slim visually I now have a gut.

I’ve signed up to my local gym, I train 3 days a week and it’s now my 2nd week of training. I’ve realised I’m only getting around 1300/1400 calories per day due to my work schedule and not having time to eat, to combat this I purchased a Meal Replacement shake which has 24g of protein and 250 Calories per shake, I’ve been using this as a meal replacement a
    Couple of times a day instead of skipping meals like I usually do to bring my general calories upto around the 1900 mark aswell as trying to hit my protein intake goal. I’ve also upped my water intake to around 2.5-3 litres per day.

My goal is to obviously loose the puppy fat and gain muscle and generally look and feel much better in myself but I am a complete noob with this all in all.

I will attach a photo below of my current state, the angle of the photo doesn’t show my tummy as much but it’s certainly there.

Please could I have some general advice on where I should be heading taking my lifestyle into consideration. Am I using the wrong supplement for example (I know supplements aren’t the answer but due to my work life it leaves me with little choice)

Many thanks and can’t wait to hear from you

EDIT: I can’t post w photo for some reason, maybe cause I’m on mobile, will log on my pc and try that way

if you want to change your physique, you need to pay great attention to what you eat and get enough calories to match your energy expenses for your jobs and your training . You can't add muscle if you don't eat enough proteins to build new muscle and if you don't eat enough calories, the proteins will be used for energy and not for new muscle.
    And don't forget the rest factor which is important for recovering after your training.
    Even if you don't have time to eat during the day, you can always have a quick meal packed with proteins and calories several times a day. Here are a few suggestions .
    Combining dried fruit ( a few almonds or nuts ) with a dairy product ( a few spoonful of cottage cheese, some yoghurt or milk mixed with a protein powder) is a good combination. Liquid meals can be eaten very quickly !!! Make some soup with chicken, pasta or rice, liquidize and drink during a short break !
    And a banana, raisins, dates , a tuna sadwich can be great healthy snacks! Try to inform on the caloric/protein value of the different kinds of food and select those best adapted to your lifestyle . Be creative , imaginative and I'm sure it can make a big difference. Good luck in your quest to an improved physique. Hope this helps !
    Age is but a number ! a healthy diet and regular exercice can make you feel and look much younger than you really are !

Thanks for the responses guys, it’s because I haven’t done enough posts etc means I cannot post a photo, which is annoying as seeing a picture would help people see my physique on what to do next kind of basis.

Since writing the original thread I’ve made some changes, trying my best to stick to this too.

Breakfast 7am - I’ve never eaten breakfast as I find it uncomfortable to eat first thing, however I now have a bowl of cereal followed by a protein shake

Snack 10:30am - we have a Sandwich shop/deli near my work, so I go and pick my self up a loaded Roast Chicken sandwich with lettuce tomato and Cucumber

Lunch/mid afternoon meal - I have a packet of flavoured microwave rice and 70g of roast Chicken

Dinner time - this all depends on work; if I’m working I will have a meal replacement shake for carbs and protein, I generally pick up some dried fruit as a snack too which I can eat while on the go

In the evenings I’m not working I will have a proper dinner generally with chicken/beef etc and vegetables or pasta with seafood and veg.

Night time, once I’m home from work I will have a shake, just to bump the protein intake up a little!

This I’m repeating daily and once I start to get sick of it will change things up a little, it’s easy for me to get (I work in the middle of no where) and feel like it’s a much better diet than I was consuming, I could be wrong here as I’m completely new to this however I feel like it seems pretty balanced.

I’m also trying to drink around 3 litres of water a day, sometimes I get lazy with this (weekends) which I need to try and not do!

bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the responses guys, it’s because I haven’t done enough posts etc means I cannot post a photo, which is annoying as seeing a picture would help people see my physique on what to do next kind of basis.

Since writing the original thread I’ve made some changes, trying my best to stick to this too.

Breakfast 7am - I’ve never eaten breakfast as I find it uncomfortable to eat first thing, however I now have a bowl of cereal followed by a protein shake

Snack 10:30am - we have a Sandwich shop/deli near my work, so I go and pick my self up a loaded Roast Chicken sandwich with lettuce tomato and Cucumber

Lunch/mid afternoon meal - I have a packet of flavoured microwave rice and 70g of roast Chicken

Dinner time - this all depends on work; if I’m working I will have a meal replacement shake for carbs and protein, I generally pick up some dried fruit as a snack too which I can eat while on the go

In the evenings I’m not working I will have a proper dinner generally with chicken/beef etc and vegetables or pasta with seafood and veg.

Night time, once I’m home from work I will have a shake, just to bump the protein intake up a little!

This I’m repeating daily and once I start to get sick of it will change things up a little, it’s easy for me to get (I work in the middle of no where) and feel like it’s a much better diet than I was consuming, I could be wrong here as I’m completely new to this however I feel like it seems pretty balanced.

I’m also trying to drink around 3 litres of water a day, sometimes I get lazy with this (weekends) which I need to try and not do!
    Hi Jaames
    This indeed seems a more sensible and balanced diet. Just a few remarks. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it should provide your body with enough calories/proteins for the working hours, so don't hesitate to eat a lot if you have time before starting work. I often have eggs:bread or oatmeals adding fruit, yoghurt, nuts and some protein powder.... If you don't have much time, try to make everything ready the night before so that you don't lose time preparing in the morning .
    The mid morning snack is a good idea as you should try to eat a small meal every 3/4 hours. A protein bar can do the job or some cottage cheese (high protein) and a few almonds or nuts, or a sandwich provided it contains enough proteins .
    For lunch rice is ok but 100/120 g of chicken or turkey would be better . For a change you can also have cold pasta or bread with meat (chicken, turkey, ground beef ..(cold or warm) or fish ( smoked salmon, tuna...). I often prepare sandwiches with tuna salad ( you can add some eggs to make it higher in proteins and curry and some mayo) and use lettuce, tomato or other greens .
    Try to have some mid afternoon snack . It should be only a small quick meal taking just a few minutes like a protein bar or shake , some drinkable yoghurt with protein powder and a banana, a sandwich ...
    dinner ok
    If you want and have enough time , you can have something light before going to bed, dairy products will help get a better sleep. But don't make it too heavy on your stomach or you won't be able to sleep and sleep is very important for recovering .
    Age is but a number ! a healthy diet and regular exercice can make you feel and look much younger than you really are !

Hi guys,

Completely forgot about this thread and wanted to update it.

Been training constantly since I posted this thread with a few issues along the way.

My protein goal, for 3 months I simply wasn’t hitting it. I’ve now adjusted this and awaiting results, they have been slow. I haven’t taken many if any progress photos and I’m struggling to see a difference, this may be because I wasn’t eating enough protein. I’ve now adjusted this. My current diet mainly consists of,

7:30am- Protein shake in the morning which consists of, 1 banana, 6 large strawberry’s, 2 scoops of whey protein powder, 1 scoop creatine, 1 tsp peanut butter, whole milk.

10:30am - roast chicken deli sandwich, packed with chicken, not a cheap petrol station sandwich, full on door stop style.

1pm - Protein Bar

3:30pm - 230g of chicken.

5pm - train (3 day split, mon wed fri due to work schedule, legs push pull)

7pm - dinner.

10pm - if needed, another protein shake if I’ve missed dinner due to my second job.

I would love to post photos so I could get some guidance however this board doesn’t allow me so until a certain amount of posts

-James