Reply
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Registered User kookok's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    kookok is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    kookok is offline

    Want to lose weight, get a little more fitter, and healthier!

    Hello all!

    So I recently took more time looking at the mirror, and realized how unhealthy I look already. Before the pandemic happened, I was a little overweight, but never did my tummy create an uncomfortable fold between my chest and, well, tummy.

    So I decided to try and lose weight. The thing is, I do not have the financial capacity to buy ultra "healthy" foods, and the type of food I eat is centered around asian cuisine, and this is making it difficult for me to log my meals properly in terms of nutritional value. (I am a Filipino)

    So I was looking for some advice on how to properly keep track, maintain, and do all of this generally. So far, I have:
    - Measured my daily caloric needs (unsure if I did this correctly)
    - Used a food/nutrient tracker, but having difficulties properly logging as the menu is limited, depending on the app.
    - Have started to totally avoid junk/processed food, sugars, and the like.
    - Bought a Ring Fit, because I find it very hard to motivate myself counting numbers while planking for example, I'd like a game that will give me some sort of gratification when I do heavy exercise.

    Ultimately, what I want to achieve is to lose all this belly fat, get a little more... lean but masculine body tone. I don't need very visible cuts and a very visible six-pack, since I do not know if I am able to do that.

    So there! I hope I am asking the right questions, and would love to get some advice from you all!

    EDIT: I don't think I properly asked the questions, so here they are:

    - Should I do basic calorie deficit diet?
    - Do you have recommendations on an app/website that can help me measure my daily needs?
    - Do you recommend any apps/websites that can help better track my calorie intake?
    - Will using and relying my exercise on playing Ring Fit enough to help me achieve my goal?
    - Where can I look up advice on how to try and do manual exercice (if it's advisable to include it)
    - If I want to do a steady weight loss routine, how many minutes/hours everyday should I be exercising?
    - If I sleep in the morning (due to working at night), will this affect how effective my efforts will be?

    Thanks a bunch in advance mate.
    Last edited by kookok; 05-09-2021 at 11:34 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User Darkius's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Age: 37
    Posts: 715
    Rep Power: 503
    Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Darkius is offline
    lets see if it lets me reply

    Access Denied
    You don't have permission to access "http://forum.bodybuilding.com/editpost.php?" on this server.

    Reference #18.55bc3b17.1620584572.49dcf874



    nope. Just a short line.

    I did tons of research, but the forum won't let me post it.




    ...


    It won't even let me PM it to you. The forum clearly thinks anything longer than a line or two is spam.




    Well, I can tell you this: 90% of what you read in the threads is BS. The moderators don't even read most of it. They just put a sticky at the top stating a summary of the tried and true. But there are many details it leaves out, such as exactly how many pounds you can lose how fast and when and how to do it.
    Last edited by Darkius; 05-09-2021 at 11:34 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User kookok's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    kookok is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    kookok is offline
    Originally Posted by Darkius View Post
    I can't reply much more than a short line.
    Sorry, but is it something I did with the thread limiting you from posting a reply properly?
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User Darkius's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Age: 37
    Posts: 715
    Rep Power: 503
    Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Darkius is offline
    Not your fault. I can't post it anywhere.

    I think the forum denies posts that take more than a minute to compose, and also denies posts that it senses are pasted in. I would have to do a series of edits and type one line at a time to get it all in. This will discourage any educated people from posting anything detailed.




    I don't think the info you gave will help anyone help you. The tried and true method is in the sticky at the top of the forum, though it is not detailed enough. I attempted to post specifics here, but after typing for 10 minutes, I was told I don't have access.




    I'll see if I can PM it to you.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User kookok's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    kookok is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    kookok is offline
    Originally Posted by Darkius View Post
    Not your fault. I can't post it anywhere.

    I think the forum denies posts that take more than a minute to compose, and also denies posts that it senses are pasted in. I would have to do a series of edits and type one line at a time to get it all in. This will discourage any educated people from posting anything detailed.




    I don't think the info you gave will help anyone help you. The tried and true method is in the sticky at the top of the forum, though it is not detailed enough. I attempted to post specifics here, but after typing for 10 minutes, I was told I don't have access.




    I'll see if I can PM it to you.
    Thank you! I realized that my post was very bad as it did not properly ask questions, but I did edit it. I am unsure if those questions are sufficient enough though.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User Darkius's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Age: 37
    Posts: 715
    Rep Power: 503
    Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Darkius is offline
    Originally Posted by kookok View Post
    Thank you! I realized that my post was very bad as it did not properly ask questions, but I did edit it. I am unsure if those questions are sufficient enough though.
    I'm guessing you live in a small apartment with no trails nearby and no bicycle. I don't know just how poor you are, but $25 per month for a gym membership is a bargain if it is nearby. This is not something to be cheap about. You could pay that just by the food savings.
    A gallon of milk has cheap protein, but also lactose. Whey protein isolate is $16.50 per kilo on purebulk.com.


    I don't know what a ring fit is, but you need to exercise every muscle group, and you don't have to get sore. Two adjustible dumbbells would be great if no gym is nearby.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User kookok's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    kookok is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    kookok is offline
    Originally Posted by Darkius View Post
    I'm guessing you live in a small apartment with no trails nearby and no bicycle. I don't know just how poor you are, but $25 per month for a gym membership is a bargain if it is nearby. This is not something to be cheap about. You could pay that just by the food savings.
    A gallon of milk has cheap protein, but also lactose. Whey protein isolate is $16.50 per kilo on purebulk.com.


    I don't know what a ring fit is, but you need to exercise every muscle group, and you don't have to get sore. Two adjustible dumbbells would be great if no gym is nearby.
    Thank you! I think I can afford a gym membership, but I feel extremely uncomfortable working out in front of other people, so I am wanting to avoid that as much as possible. From where I live, I am unable to do outside jogs/bicycles 'cos I live near a high-traffic area. Do you have any advice for in-home exercises?

    Also, the calculator I am using is taking into account that I am not taking any physical activities. Once I start doing exercises, should I continue on a deficit, or start going surplus?

    So a Ring Fit is a game on the switch where you play an RPG game, but the moves are "exercises". You have 2 devices: a ring that detects upper body movement mainly, and the other device/controller you attach to your leg to detect lower level movement. It uses gyro sensors to sense movement. For example, if I wanted to kill a monster, I would need to do 10-20 squats. If I wanted to get to another area, i would need to simulate a run or jog.

    I have also done some self research, and I am not sure if I understand it correctly, but it looks like diet contributes more to weight loss. Is this correct? How long would it take to see some noticable changes when I look in the mirror?
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User Darkius's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Age: 37
    Posts: 715
    Rep Power: 503
    Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Darkius is offline
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1638137343

    Took me a while, but I got around the size checker.



    The whey protein isolate on purebulk is the lowest price I know of for protein powder.
    Healthy enough food does not have to be expensive. Just avoid anything with added sugars, especially soda and candy. Also watch your intake of cheese and fried food. I avoid those. Have some sunflower seeds. They are cheap. You don't need organic.
    Rice is OK, but needs protein.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User Darkius's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Age: 37
    Posts: 715
    Rep Power: 503
    Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Darkius is offline
    Originally Posted by kookok View Post
    Thank you! I think I can afford a gym membership, but I feel extremely uncomfortable working out in front of other people, so I am wanting to avoid that as much as possible. From where I live, I am unable to do outside jogs/bicycles 'cos I live near a high-traffic area. Do you have any advice for in-home exercises?

    Also, the calculator I am using is taking into account that I am not taking any physical activities. Once I start doing exercises, should I continue on a deficit, or start going surplus?

    So a Ring Fit is a game on the switch where you play an RPG game, but the moves are "exercises". You have 2 devices: a ring that detects upper body movement mainly, and the other device/controller you attach to your leg to detect lower level movement. It uses gyro sensors to sense movement. For example, if I wanted to kill a monster, I would need to do 10-20 squats. If I wanted to get to another area, i would need to simulate a run or jog.

    I have also done some self research, and I am not sure if I understand it correctly, but it looks like diet contributes more to weight loss. Is this correct? How long would it take to see some noticable changes when I look in the mirror?

    You need a few months to get closer to a near goal. You might notice a difference in a month. I think I look fitter in week, but I think it is just less food in my gut.
    The ring fit will help, but don't damage your knees running in place or jumping if you are heavy. You need to first lose weight.

    I have bad knees and do squats in a pool to reduce the weight. I'm not sure what you can do at home besides not go too low and not jump.

    Yes, dieting is easiest way to lose fat. You exercise to keep the muscle. Exercising also helps burn some fat but is not the main burner of fat until you get into better shape later. If you were a cross country runner, you could burn lots of fat by running. But your muscles are not there yet. Even I only walk an hour a day.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Moderator SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 52,691
    Rep Power: 1328426
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    SuffolkPunch is offline
    It's a bug, not a deliberate filter. I get the same problem with some of my posts.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Moderator SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 52,691
    Rep Power: 1328426
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    SuffolkPunch is offline
    You shouldn't have to spend more on foods because you will be eating less total calories. You could, in principle, take what you eat now and reduce the quantities. Except that you have to make sure you are getting at least 130g of protein and 60g of fat... so some adjustment may be needed.

    If you are short of money, send the ring fit back, you don't need it. You only need to count your intake using an app like cronometer or myfitnesspal. Make sure you have kitchen scales.

    To your questions
    - calorie deficit is the *only* thing that causes fat loss. Diets with fancy names don't do anything more than create a calorie deficit by whatever means.
    - you don't need to try estimating calories burned, just keep a consistent exercise schedule, eat the same calorie level every day, adjust over time
    - you need a full gym ideally - and then do a program like Fierce 5. If not, try the strongerbyscience no-gym option (google it)
    - minutes per day is not a crucial measure. Apart from the 3 day a week weights routine like Fierce 5, you can do extra cardio if you have time. If not, it doesn't matter, just adjust your intake instead
    - sleep schedule shouldn't be an impediment as long as it's the same all week. If it's not well never mind, do the best you can, it's not like it will stop fat loss happening
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Registered User kookok's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    kookok is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    kookok is offline
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You shouldn't have to spend more on foods because you will be eating less total calories. You could, in principle, take what you eat now and reduce the quantities. Except that you have to make sure you are getting at least 130g of protein and 60g of fat... so some adjustment may be needed.

    If you are short of money, send the ring fit back, you don't need it. You only need to count your intake using an app like cronometer or myfitnesspal. Make sure you have kitchen scales.

    To your questions
    - calorie deficit is the *only* thing that causes fat loss. Diets with fancy names don't do anything more than create a calorie deficit by whatever means.
    - you don't need to try estimating calories burned, just keep a consistent exercise schedule, eat the same calorie level every day, adjust over time
    - you need a full gym ideally - and then do a program like Fierce 5. If not, try the strongerbyscience no-gym option (google it)
    - minutes per day is not a crucial measure. Apart from the 3 day a week weights routine like Fierce 5, you can do extra cardio if you have time. If not, it doesn't matter, just adjust your intake instead
    - sleep schedule shouldn't be an impediment as long as it's the same all week. If it's not well never mind, do the best you can, it's not like it will stop fat loss happening
    Thank you for this! Some additional questions:
    - As far from deviation from calorie counting, is there an "allowance" in the range? For example, I cannot go over 100 calories per day +/-?
    - If I am going to be relying on "manual" exercising following the strongerbyscience article, Will I see ample progress as well? I think though that I may eventually need to invest in a few equipment.
    - If I am just starting out exercising from literally 0, do you have any advice early on? For example, should I avoid jumping alot, or maybe just do planks the first few days/weeks?

    Also, I forgot to mention, but if it matters, I am currently 32, 5'5, male, and weigh around 83kg. I would love to be able to get to around 65 and have a very light tone in my body.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    Registered User kookok's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    kookok is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    kookok is offline
    Originally Posted by Darkius View Post

    Took me a while, but I got around the size checker.



    The whey protein isolate on purebulk is the lowest price I know of for protein powder.
    Healthy enough food does not have to be expensive. Just avoid anything with added sugars, especially soda and candy. Also watch your intake of cheese and fried food. I avoid those. Have some sunflower seeds. They are cheap. You don't need organic.
    Rice is OK, but needs protein.
    I have not visited the idea of using protein powders and the like, but I imagine that I can use this as a supplement for lacking nutrients in my diet, correct?

    Originally Posted by Darkius View Post
    You need a few months to get closer to a near goal. You might notice a difference in a month. I think I look fitter in week, but I think it is just less food in my gut.
    The ring fit will help, but don't damage your knees running in place or jumping if you are heavy. You need to first lose weight.

    I have bad knees and do squats in a pool to reduce the weight. I'm not sure what you can do at home besides not go too low and not jump.

    Yes, dieting is easiest way to lose fat. You exercise to keep the muscle. Exercising also helps burn some fat but is not the main burner of fat until you get into better shape later. If you were a cross country runner, you could burn lots of fat by running. But your muscles are not there yet. Even I only walk an hour a day.
    Thank you for mentioning this. I had a surgery about 2 years ago since I broke my tibia (lower leg bone) and needed a titanium rod implant replacing the marrow, and I'll definitely be careful on stressing my legs too much.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    Registered User kookok's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    kookok is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    kookok is offline
    Originally Posted by Darkius View Post

    It won't even let me PM it to you. The forum clearly thinks anything longer than a line or two is spam.




    Well, I can tell you this: 90% of what you read in the threads is BS. The moderators don't even read most of it. They just put a sticky at the top stating a summary of the tried and true. But there are many details it leaves out, such as exactly how many pounds you can lose how fast and when and how to do it.
    I would love to get your thoughts on this. Do you mind e-mailing it to me, if it's not too much of your time? havoc.complexity@gmail.com. (I can't even use email links)
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Registered User Darkius's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Age: 37
    Posts: 715
    Rep Power: 503
    Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darkius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Darkius is offline
    Originally Posted by kookok View Post
    I would love to get your thoughts on this. Do you mind e-mailing it to me, if it's not too much of your time? havoc.complexity@gmail.com. (I can't even use email links)
    In post #8, click the link I posted. It goes to this same forum, a thread I posted with more detail than the sticky gives.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    Moderator SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 52,691
    Rep Power: 1328426
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    SuffolkPunch is offline
    Originally Posted by kookok View Post
    Thank you for this! Some additional questions:
    - As far from deviation from calorie counting, is there an "allowance" in the range? For example, I cannot go over 100 calories per day +/-?
    - If I am going to be relying on "manual" exercising following the strongerbyscience article, Will I see ample progress as well? I think though that I may eventually need to invest in a few equipment.
    - If I am just starting out exercising from literally 0, do you have any advice early on? For example, should I avoid jumping alot, or maybe just do planks the first few days/weeks?

    Also, I forgot to mention, but if it matters, I am currently 32, 5'5, male, and weigh around 83kg. I would love to be able to get to around 65 and have a very light tone in my body.
    As long as the weekly total adds up it doesn't matter much. The limiting factors are:
    - protein is actually fairly sensitive to intraday timing (unlike other macros). You should still hit your protein numbers daily.
    - if you splurge one day, you are gonna f**ing starve the next... that would be bad for compliance.

    Training without equipment is not ideal. This is impossible to answer because what does "ample" mean? It will be somewhere between having a full gym and nothing depending on effort levels.
    The good news is that if you are dieting and just aim to avoid losing muscle tissue, that requires far less of a stimulus than growing new tissue.

    The calorie deficit determines weight lost. The training just makes sure most of it is fat not muscle.

    Build up slowly. Initially, don't take any sets to complete failure BUT aim to increase what you do (reps, sets, weight) steadily over time. Try to never backtrack if possible. Not always possible but a goal to aim for.
    Reply With Quote

  17. #17
    Registered User kookok's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    kookok is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    kookok is offline
    Originally Posted by Darkius View Post
    In post #8, click the link I posted. It goes to this same forum, a thread I posted with more detail than the sticky gives.
    Thanks a lot!!! I checked the link and definitely very helpful, although there were some unfamiliar topics on it, I think it will be helpful once I start looking into those.

    EDIT: I Just remembered a question: I understand that each person needs to tailor their whole dieting/exercise regime, depending on their build, age, size, etc. I am not 100% confident that I am properly eating as well, or if it's ok to just suddenly start exercising (following of course the tips above), or when it is optimal to do the exercise, and what meals to consume before and after (e.g. should I eat high-protein stuff after exercise?)

    Thanks a lot again for answering and giving comprehensive tips, guys!
    Last edited by kookok; 05-10-2021 at 09:18 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  18. #18
    Registered User kookok's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    kookok is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    kookok is offline
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    As long as the weekly total adds up it doesn't matter much. The limiting factors are:
    - protein is actually fairly sensitive to intraday timing (unlike other macros). You should still hit your protein numbers daily.
    - if you splurge one day, you are gonna f**ing starve the next... that would be bad for compliance.

    Training without equipment is not ideal. This is impossible to answer because what does "ample" mean? It will be somewhere between having a full gym and nothing depending on effort levels.
    The good news is that if you are dieting and just aim to avoid losing muscle tissue, that requires far less of a stimulus than growing new tissue.

    The calorie deficit determines weight lost. The training just makes sure most of it is fat not muscle.

    Build up slowly. Initially, don't take any sets to complete failure BUT aim to increase what you do (reps, sets, weight) steadily over time. Try to never backtrack if possible. Not always possible but a goal to aim for.
    Thanks a lot for this. This definitely helps food management much easier!
    By "ample", I think I want to see just very small improvements on my muscular tone. If and when I lose the excess body fat that I am aiming to lose, I wouldn't want to look like skin and bones, just leaner (not sure if the mental image is being properly depicted) and looking a little more fit than the average guy.
    So if I am understanding this correctly, if I want to say get a little "bulk" in my chest to make it a little bigger than before, I would need to "gain" some muscular weight in that area, correct?

    I'm glad I asked here instead of just self research, as I am learning much more than what I've been finding out online.
    Reply With Quote

  19. #19
    Moderator SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 52,691
    Rep Power: 1328426
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    SuffolkPunch is offline
    You can reach a modest end goal using either a full gym or improvised equipment at home. Just that it may take longer and require you to be more patient and inventive if you train at home. This game is already hard enough so it's best to give yourself the best chance possible... if you can get to gym, do that.

    Don't focus on specific parts of your body - it probably isn't just your chest that needs some extra muscle. Most of us don't realise how skinny we look if we could instantly remove all the fat we want to get rid of... You will need to train your entire body in balance to stay proportionate and avoid possible join issues that can happen with unbalanced training.
    Reply With Quote

  20. #20
    Registered User kookok's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    kookok is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    kookok is offline
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You can reach a modest end goal using either a full gym or improvised equipment at home. Just that it may take longer and require you to be more patient and inventive if you train at home. This game is already hard enough so it's best to give yourself the best chance possible... if you can get to gym, do that.

    Don't focus on specific parts of your body - it probably isn't just your chest that needs some extra muscle. Most of us don't realise how skinny we look if we could instantly remove all the fat we want to get rid of... You will need to train your entire body in balance to stay proportionate and avoid possible join issues that can happen with unbalanced training.
    Gotcha. If I wanted to lean more on looking good, is that something fairly achievable without compromising function like endurance or strength? I understand I need to balance it, but how do I find out which muscle of my body is disproportionally smaller for example?

    Also, small question: I wanted to try planking to start exercising (again I am literally starting from 0), and saw a couple of vids/articles saying that it's not very good and creates some sort of imbalance. Is this true?
    Reply With Quote

  21. #21
    Registered User CommitmentRulz's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2017
    Location: United States
    Age: 62
    Posts: 7,435
    Rep Power: 83456
    CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    CommitmentRulz is offline
    Originally Posted by kookok View Post
    but how do I find out which muscle of my body is disproportionally smaller for example?
    By doing a full body routine with a built in progression scheme CONSISTENTLY for 8 months and letting it sort itself out based on load.
    Reply With Quote

  22. #22
    Registered User kookok's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    kookok is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    kookok is offline
    Hi guys! So I just wanted to give an update, and what happened!

    I just found out today how extremely unfit I am after my first ever exercise. I just did:
    - 30 seconds of mountain climber
    - 16 squats
    - 30 seconds of standing bicycle crunches
    - 5 pushups
    - 16 reverse crunches
    - 15 seconds of planking

    And afterwards, my vision was slightly dim for about 10 minutes, and I was really tired, gasping for air, and no amount of water helped it. I felt normal again after the 20 minute rest mark, but I'd just like to ask if I did too much? Should I lose some weight first before exercising?
    Reply With Quote

  23. #23
    Registered User kookok's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 12
    Rep Power: 0
    kookok is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    kookok is offline
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    By doing a full body routine with a built in progression scheme CONSISTENTLY for 8 months and letting it sort itself out based on load.
    Does this mean that I will naturally will something off depending on what part of my body is not performing up to par? For example, if a whole body routine recommends I do 50 situps, 50 pushups, and I can do the pushups but not the situps, there's that disproportion?
    Reply With Quote

  24. #24
    Registered User DarpanMogul's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2021
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    DarpanMogul is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    DarpanMogul is offline
    Yea, i too have this issue. the calculator I am using is taking into account that I am not taking any physical activities. Once I start doing exercises, should I continue on a deficit?
    [advertising in signature is not allowed]
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts