userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100)

How much does body weight plays a role in the amount of weight you can lift?

lets say eddie hall weighed in well above 400 pounds when he did the 500kg (1102 pounds) deadlift. and that was a one rep max.

my question is, is it humanly possible for a 130 pound guy to squat 500 pounds for 5 sets of 12 with a max 2 minutes rest in between sets?

eugblauch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by userrname View Post
    lets say eddie hall weighed in well above 400 pounds when he did the 500kg (1102 pounds) deadlift. and that was a one rep max.

my question is, is it humanly possible for a 130 pound guy to squat 500 pounds for 5 sets of 12 with a max 2 minutes rest in between sets?
    The more your weight, the more you can lift from the very beginning. For example, person with a weight of 100 kg makes 100 kg DL faster than a person with 60 kg (but we're talking about months, not years).

As for the 1st part of your question: as I see, your weight is about 60kg, and you'd like to squat 226 kg. It's absolutely real. Just check the IPF list of the men in 66 kg category. Folks are squatting at least 200 kg.

As for the 2nd part: 5 sets of 12? Why do you need that? If you can squat 500 lbs for 5 sets of 12, then your record squat should be at least 600-630 lbs. And it's about Class 1/Master Class in powerlifting for your weight category.

Registered User Benchpresser350's Avatar
    Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benchpresser350 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your question was: "is it humanly possible for a 130 pound guy to squat 500 pounds for 5 sets of 12 with a max 2 minutes rest in between sets?".

The answer is NO (most likely).

If your question had been: "how long will it take me, a 130 pound guy to squat 500 pounds for 5 sets of 12 with a max 2 minutes rest in between sets?. I am squatting X Lbs now.".

The answer would be YES (more likely).

If your question had been: "I'm a 130 pound guy squatting Xlbs right now who has decided to dedicate his life to being able to squat 500 pounds for 5 sets of 12 with a max 2 minutes rest in between sets. Do you think I can do it?".

The answer would be YES (even more likely).

Guys like Eddie Hall are where they are at in their numbers because they make it a GOAL and work hard at that goal without giving up--until they hit it. Without caring if someone else thinks it's humanly possible.

It all starts "In your head" and what YOU decide to do.

And with the number territory Eddie lifts in, comes injuries along the way and not giving up when injured.

userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100) userrname is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by eugblauch View Post
    The more your weight, the more you can lift from the very beginning. For example, person with a weight of 100 kg makes 100 kg DL faster than a person with 60 kg (but we're talking about months, not years).

As for the 1st part of your question: as I see, your weight is about 60kg, and you'd like to squat 226 kg. It's absolutely real. Just check the IPF list of the men in 66 kg category. Folks are squatting at least 200 kg.

As for the 2nd part: 5 sets of 12? Why do you need that? If you can squat 500 lbs for 5 sets of 12, then your record squat should be at least 600-630 lbs. And it's about Class 1/Master Class in powerlifting for your weight category.
    I guess thats mty standard i set for myself. i never believe in 1 rep max nor did i ever tried 1 rep max ever in my life. i understand its a universal recognized strength standard but in terms of my own expectation, anything that i cant do for 5 sets of 12 then i really cant lift that weight.

Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When you gain weight your squat and bench will go up automatically if you're still training properly. The lighter you are the harder it is in terms of absolute strength.