mercuryaces is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Trying to get in 200g of protein

I've been trying to dial in my nutrition, I've always found it difficult at 220lb to get in at least 200g of protein. Just recently I've learned that you (apparently) can't even use more than approximately 30g of protein at once for muscle growth. How much time should i be giving in between my meals? I really don't want to have 6 meals with that much protein in each one...

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You just learned some bull**** right there.
    Forget you even heard that 30g protein serving limit.
    Its not real.

I recommend you Use better sources for your info my friend.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.str...in-intake/amp/

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    Last edited by MyEgoProblem; 05-08-2021 at 09:33 PM.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    You just learned some bull**** right there.
    Forget you even heard that 30g protein serving limit.
    Its not real.

Your body uses it all..
    this and I highly doubt you have 200 lbs of lean body mass, so you don’t need 200 grams of protein. You’d be fine on 160g a day
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    this and I highly doubt you have 200 lbs of lean body mass, so you don’t need 200 grams of protein. You’d be fine on 160g a day
    It's surprising too when you realize that most of these can be had from literally just a chicken breast and a single whey shake. The latent amount in the rest of your food takes you the rest of the way easily, OP.

I'd personally not go below 160, but as Snails says, your lean mass is what that requirement is based on, so it's not necessary to eat it as though this applies to your bodyweight as a whole. However, eating more than you need does you no harm as long as you're able to sustain a reasonable deficit or surplus based upon your goals.

Sounds like you're aiming for hypertrophy, in which case I would lose a restrictive mindset - on *protein*: chicken, whey, fat-free cottage cheese, egg whites. Eat these plentifully and regularly, as they are mostly protein itself and you will only be the better for it. Where you'll run into problems is thinking you can inhale everything in the name of protein.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Current recommendations are 1.6-2.2g per kg of TOTAL bw. And potentially up to 2.7 in very specific cases.

The higher end the older you are or harder you are cutting.

1.8 used to be thought as the limit. But that's just not the case, just that is the point where diminished returns kick in pretty damn hard.

200 is easy to hit. (is not go below 180 at 100kg bw)
    4 meals with a good hit of protein
    Or
    3 meals with a good hit of protein + 1 shake
    Or
    2 meals + 2 shakes (i wouldnt go below this)
    Last edited by MyEgoProblem; 05-10-2021 at 08:17 AM.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ive been there in my competitive days.
    Trying to get a high amount of protein in can be just like a workout.
    I supplemented with whey protein drinks between meals and a casein protein before bed to get the one gram per pound of body weight standard.
    Now much research has shown that .6 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight will be just as good because your body will only digest and use what it needs and eliminate the rest.
    I know the bodybuilding mentality get as much in for insurance purposes but really at 220 pounds of bodyweight 150 -160 grams of quality protein should be just fine to grow on.
    If your just trying to gain weight in general then you could up it but excess would be stored as fat or eliminated.
    Good luck.

satinder747 is just really nice. (+1000) satinder747 is just really nice. (+1000) satinder747 is just really nice. (+1000) satinder747 is just really nice. (+1000) satinder747 is just really nice. (+1000) satinder747 is just really nice. (+1000) satinder747 is just really nice. (+1000) satinder747 is just really nice. (+1000) satinder747 is just really nice. (+1000) satinder747 is just really nice. (+1000) satinder747 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mercuryaces View Post
    I've been trying to dial in my nutrition, I've always found it difficult at 220lb to get in at least 200g of protein. Just recently I've learned that you (apparently) can't even use more than approximately 30g of protein at once for muscle growth. How much time should i be giving in between my meals? I really don't want to have 6 meals with that much protein in each one...
    For one or two weeks you'll feel uncomfortable in eating more than the regular amount of food you eat at once.. and then you'll get used to it. Try out or else if you can go for 7 or 8 meals instead of 6??
    Action and Failure Are Two Sides of the Same Coin. One Doesn’t Come Without the Other.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I find it easiest when I get a lot of protein earlier the better. I'm less appetited throughout the day if I forget to eat breakfast or something.