Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Your lifts with corresponding body photos

I'm looking for a place where I can see how much everyone lifts and their corresponding look. This will help me get a feel for how much I need to lift / bulk to achieve my desired look..

I think a few years ago many users used to have their lifts in their signatures so made it easier... Nowadays many users do have photos in their gallery, but then how much they lift is hard to figure. Any particular thread that will help me with this, or any approach you would recommend that will help me put these 2 aspects together?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You would really need 10RMs not 1RMs which would be a better proxy for muscle mass - you would also need to know BF% which has a dramatic effect on appearance. Even then you won't look the same necessarily because of different frame size, insertions, genetics etc.

I don't really see the value of this. All you need to know is that you need to improve your own numbers...

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You would really need 10RMs not 1RMs which would be a better proxy for muscle mass - you would also need to know BF% which has a dramatic effect on appearance. Even then you won't look the same necessarily because of different frame size, insertions, genetics etc.

I don't really see the value of this. All you need to know is that you need to improve your own numbers...
    this. i know people who have an equally poor bench as me, yet their pecs have a more aesthetic shape and simply look stronger. also, my quads can be the same size as someone's who squats 100 pounds more or less than me, so yeah

Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post

Hmmm fair enough...

So the reason I'm asking is because I've made a ton of progress under the bar in the last 1 year, on a serious bulk.. Virtually doubled my squats, bench and deadlift.. I've put on about 15kgs (display photo is from before I started the bulk). But a fair bit of fat which is now making me look a bit pudgy. I'm tempted to go on a cut so I can look better. And start questioning a lot if I should continue this great progress on the bulk or cut a bit..

I guess its a typical bulk or cut dilemma. Problem is when you're bulked up with a bit of fat its hard to tell how big the muscles really are, right? So how do you guys go about making these decisions? How do you know if you have put on enough muscle for a decent look at the end of a bulk?

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ev0lutionn View Post
    How do you know if you have put on enough muscle for a decent look at the end of a bulk?
    you really don't, and everyone overestimates the amount of muscle they have. a good rule of thumb is that you should cut when you start to look too pudgy to your own liking

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You could lose some fat if you wanted.

You aren't going to reach your end goal until you've built the necessary muscle and lost the necessary fat regardless of what order you do that in. So it wouldn't be a waste of time either losing fat or gaining muscle. The important thing is to keep taking measurable steps towards the goal...

The problem is if you are in the dead zone between about 15 and 20% - you will generally look the same even though you have recomped...

Hahaha this is hard!

But is there like a minimum benchmark like 1.2x BW benchpress, 1.8x BW squat, etc that pretty much guarantees decent muscle mass? I understand that each person will look different but I'm guessing there's someone who is lifting say 2x their BW in everything will for sure have decent muscle? Or you guys think this is all useless as well?

Hahaha this is hard!

But is there like a minimum benchmark like 1.2x BW benchpress, 1.8x BW squat, etc that pretty much guarantees decent muscle mass? I understand that each person will look different but I'm guessing there's someone who is lifting say 2x their BW in everything will for sure have decent muscle? Or you guys think this is all useless as well?
    It is hard to make predictions... but making predictions doesn't help you reach your goal - so unless you have some academic interest, why bother? Like I said, just keep making progress.

More reps or more weight than last week/month/year... track your rep maxes in a wide range of lifts. You can use a calculator to get an estimated 1RM as a standardised number but when you actually do the test, aim for 6-12 reps.

Hahaha this is hard!

well if you can bench 1.2x BW & squat 1.8x BW (especially for reps), you probably have some base muscle and shouldn't look too skinny at a lower bf%

that being said, you should still try to progress as much as possible and only cut when you don't personally like how soft you look